+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Reading glasses for a grade oner

Dd needs to get glasses for reading and focusing activities beggars she has astigmatism. Since she won't be wearing them all the time, I'm just wondering how I can help her manage them. She will have a pair for her school bag and a pair for at home. For school, since she won't be wearing them all the time, what can she do for things like going to the library etc where she will need them but will have to walk from classroom to library? Also, her class room is upstairs so in the mornings she has to take her home folder, munch and crunch and water bottle and now glasses up the stairs.

Is it overkill for me to send a small bag for her to take them up and down the stairs or to library etc?

We pick them up next weekend but just planning ahead to avoid them getting dropped down stairs and stood on etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my little boy has astigmatism but has been given glasses full time?
    Id just send them in a case or the whole lot in a small bag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, you could try a glasses chain so she can take them off and wear them like a necklace ifywim. You can get some nice colouful ones made of fabric string, especially if she needs to take them on and off often. My ds2 wears glasses and my ds1 wears a hearing aid ( which he only wears when he wants too). In both cases we opt for a clear plastic decor container with a soft cloth in it so they can throw the glasses/ heating aid in. The glasses case is too small! My boys find it easier to manage a clear plastic container. Just some ideas. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd just send them in the little hard case they come in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My son wears glasses but he has to wear them all the time except during sport so I gave the teacher a case to keep at school so he can take them off at lunch and recess.

I like the pp suggestion of the chain around the neck for the glasses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great idea getting 2 pairs. We only got 1 for DD and it's been terrible.

A small shoulder bag could work quite well (so long as she puts them in a case in there) but just something small and light so it can easily fold to fit into her tub/desk tray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most likely she can wear them for all concentrating tasks and just take them off for outside?
    Generally when kids have glasses to relieve the strain the rule is if they are inside they are on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Great idea getting 2 pairs. We only got 1 for DD and it's been terrible.

A small shoulder bag could work quite well (so long as she puts them in a case in there) but just something small and light so it can easily fold to fit into her tub/desk tray.
    Oh my son has 2 pairs. We got 2 pairs for $199 and private health paid for $165

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been doing some googling and saw some hard cases with handles like a tiny evening bag. I just need to see where I can buy one. I just don't want her to have to juggle too much stuff to get up a full flight of stairs.

I got two pairs. No out of pockets. Wahoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can she not just wear them all day at school, except playtime?
    I have astigmatism and don't NEED to wear my glasses full time, just reading/computer work etc, but wear them pretty much full time.. it's just easier.