+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Can I please tag onto this question?
    Any recommendations or thoughts on using a stand-alone "potty" vs a smaller seat that goes on top of the toilet? Or another third option I haven't thought of?
    I personally like the little seat that sits on top of the toilet - that way the child gets used to using the toilet from the get go, rather than having to transition from potty to toilet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My just turned 2 year old has been completely toilet trained for 2 months or so now. I consider toilet trained where they can take themselves to the big toilet, pull pants down, wipe, pants up, flush, wash hands and return to play without help.

She was "potty" trained from 13 months ie would use potty to do wees and poos but I would need to help her.

We used a potty first and then moved onto step and toilet seat as she had started to "help" me empty the potty into the big toilet - not pretty!

Apart from having potty available and clothes and nappy free time I don't think we did anything it was all her, she was just ready! We used cloth too and I believe it's a big help in TT as they can know the difference between wet and dry faster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Can I please tag onto this question?
    Any recommendations or thoughts on using a stand-alone "potty" vs a smaller seat that goes on top of the toilet? Or another third option I haven't thought of?
    Dd uses a toddler sized toilet at daycare (they don't use a potty) and a potty at home. Now that she is getting the idea I'm looking at getting a LupiLu seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I personally like the little seat that sits on top of the toilet - that way the child gets used to using the toilet from the get go, rather than having to transition from potty to toilet.
    Yeah dd will only use a potty, flat out refuses to use a toilet so we have to use nappies when out for a long time, I regret just introducing a potty and not getting her used to a toilet with a seat that sits over it. Going to do it soo differently with dd2 lol

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Dd uses a toddler sized toilet at daycare (they don't use a potty) and a potty at home. Now that she is getting the idea I'm looking at getting a LupiLu seat.
    LupiLu is FANTASTIC!! I highly recommend it 🚽

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    LupiLu is FANTASTIC!! I highly recommend it
    I googled it and it does look awesome!

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They are awesome, makes toilet training so much easier and the kids don't feel like they are going to fall in...

It is a bit more expensive than the other options but I figured the cost over the toilet training of the kids made it worth it

Then I just used a little step stool so they could get themselves up...

I have had a few friends purchase them after visiting our house with their kids 😀

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just bought a bumbo toilet seat and whilst it's nice and secure for them to sit in, I do find the hole quite small so I have to get ds1 to try and sit back leaning forwards so there's room for his little winky! It's also then very hard to see if he's doing anything, just have to rely on sound. I've also bought a potty too as I've got an 8 month old and finding that it's often at the most in opportune moments that the toddler wants to run into the bathroom to go to toilet and it's not possible for him to climb into the bumbo seat himself yet. I end up having to quickly put baby down somewhere and rush into the bathroom to help him. I'm not sure if it's possible to train using both but I thought it would be useful to have the potty lying around and give ds1 some nappy free time at home and if he needs to go quickly he can sit on it himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get the same thing at bunnings. They have a few of them. They are called family toilet seats. They cost about $65 I think. X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (23-02-2016)