+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was 10 months for day, and 11 for nights.
    Brother- 3 to 3.5
    Sis- 2-2.5
    Bro- 1.5-2
    Sis- 1-1.5

DSD was 1.5 for day and 2 for nights.
    DSS was 3 for day, and 7.5 for nights completely.

Completely individual to the child.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm half heartedly trying with 27 month old DS but I really doubt he is entirely ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Can I ask those who did it around 12 months did you have any problems if kids were at daycare? I found with my eldest daycare were really reluctant to support early TT'ing.
    Nope. Ours were supportive and understood that daycare needs to support home.

They kinda had to as we had to supply our own nappies and I just didn't send any. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started with Dd (22m) in the last couple of weeks. She was pretending to wipe herself when watching me go toilet and was taking off her nappies as so as she wet them. Yesterday we only had one accident which was outside and today no accidents that I know of unless it was while she was playing outside. Daycare is on board and she goes on the toilet with every hourly nappy change. I don't think she has worn ANY clothes or nappies this weekend so now wasted nappies or washing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think there is a 'right' time it really depends on the individual child, your family circumstances, method of TT you intend to use and it's also worth considering the season (ie TT is easier in summer than winter IMO, less clothes to wet/get on/off etc).

I had always thought around 2 ish but my DS was no where near ready and he was a winter baby so we waited until summer when he was 2.5. I did the hard core 3 days method and he was TT for wees in 2-3 days, no major accidents. Poo took a little longer a few accidents over a few months but I think that's normal. Night time we left it until his nappies were consistently dry overnight which was around 3.5 yrs.

A good tip I heard was to ensure they can take their pants off by themselves before you even start. Which made sense to me as why bother teaching them to go to toilet if they can't even get their pants off... I know other (early TT for eg) methods ignore this but it made most sense for me, easier to make the whole TT thing an independent act.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did ec with dd but started 'late' at 10mths. She was completely dry day and night well and truly by her 2nd birthday, had no issues with her at all. Something just clicked for her and she started taking herself off when she needed to.

Ds is 16mths and I just seriously can't be bothered. He is obsessed with the toilet, always lifting the lid and sticking the small seat on top. He's happy to sit there but doesn't do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on the child, but I'd say an average of 2.5yo.

My DS1 I tried at 2.5yo, he begged me to put him in nappies so I did, and tried again just before he turned 3, and he was fully TT in days.

DD refused to wear clothes from when she was 13 months old. She slowly TT herself by the time she was about 18 months old, night time before 2yo.

DS2 I started TT at about 16 months for medical reasons. It took months as he wasn't ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Just thinking ahead and I have no clue about toilet training. When do most children (girls in particular) toilet train? New Bub is due a month before DD turns 2. I'll have two in nappies right?
    My nearly 2 year old tt her self when her sister came, we made a big deal if her using the toilet and I think it was an attention thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Can I ask those who did it around 12 months did you have any problems if kids were at daycare? I found with my eldest daycare were really reluctant to support early TT'ing.
    DD didn't start daycare until 18m but they were fully supportive and followed my lead completely. Kids in the 2-3yo room they were always pro-active in training before they moved up rooms (had their own supply of training pants etc).

DS's daycare never seemed that keen on having kids TTing in the 18m-3y room which really surprised me as 50% of the staff and kids were Indian. I mentioned it to them many times to please sit him on the toilet if he showed interest but they never did. They also didn't have potties (unlike DD's daycare) which I feel are essential for starting before 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I please tag onto this question?
    Any recommendations or thoughts on using a stand-alone "potty" vs a smaller seat that goes on top of the toilet? Or another third option I haven't thought of?