+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I do it during the summer after they turn 2. Works well for me.
    What is the theory behind this? It isn't the first time I've heard it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Average age to toilet train

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What is the theory behind this? It isn't the first time I've heard it.
    Not a theory that I'm aware of. It's just when I do it. By 2 my kids were old enough to communicate and summer was less clothing = easy to go to toilet alone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I do it during the summer after they turn 2. Works well for me.
    This is what I did too (DS was born in Feb and DD in October, both warm months). It's just easier to be able to put them in a t-shirt and undies. Winter would have been trickier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my first born was day trained by 2.5, night by 3.
    second was home trained at 2 and a bit but scared of a real toilet so didnt fully train including out and about til 2 weeks ago at 2y4 m
    he wears a nappy at night but has been waking up dry and weeing first thing in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was about 2.5, DS1 and DS2 were TT by 2. My DS1 and 2 were self taught, they just decided they weren't wearing nappies and that was that, very very few accidents. My DD I started the summer she turned 2, and it was pretty painless. I have a lot of friends who gave left it much later (over 3) and toileting has become a real battleground

Thanks
    Reviews
    I toilet trained my DS at 2.5 in a day. It was very easy but I knew that he had been ready for a long time (was just too lazy). We ran oit of nappies one morning so I explained he had to go on the toilet if he needed to do wees and poos and he did.

My dd recently toilet trained herself at 21/22 months. She just started taking her nappies off and screaming 'wees!' or 'poos!' leaving me no option but to run her to the nearest toilet. I had planned on waiting as I had a newbie and was fine with her being in nappies but she had other ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used a similar method to RAH and started DD at 10m and daytime 'trained' at 21m. DS was a different story and we followed the more typical path around 30m which he took to pretty quickly for wees, but two months on and no luck with poos. He only has nappies for nihhts though. I thimk he could have trained a little earlier but I was working full time, writing reports etc so I left it til the school holidays.

Personally, I always recommend to just sit them on the potty and see what happens. If they are happy, keep doing it, if it is making them distressed then stop. DD got poos from day 1 and (except when she had a tummy bug) I cleaned up maybe 5 pooey nappies after 10 months. So even if a couple of pottytunities a day equals a few less nappies to change then it's worth it IMO.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest son just decided one day at 3 to stop wearing nappies for both day and night. Only ever had one accident. I'm in the midst of trying to train my next 2 kids (4yo boy ASD, and a nearly 3yo girl).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd2 has just turned 3. She is now tt during the day for wee only. Wears a nappy to poop (she wants to, so I am not pushing it) and a nappy to bed at night. Dd1 was pretty similar from memory. I dont really obsess over toilet training - never have. I figure my kids will do it when they are ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Can I ask those who did it around 12 months did you have any problems if kids were at daycare? I found with my eldest daycare were really reluctant to support early TT'ing.