+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Depends on your cultural background. As an Indian my kids were toilet trained late at 18-24mths. But early by modern Australian standards.

I will be starting TT my third around 12-13mths.
    And may I ask what are tactics used at such a young age? That's impressive. I too have no idea where to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Look up elimination Communication. My mum swears I was fully TT by 8mths but my brother wasn't done till 11mths. Night and day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ahhh I've heard of this and briefly read about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I introduced a potty around 16 months. DD would always have nappy-free time in the afternoon between dinner & bathtime, so I would encourage (but not pressure) her to use it during that time.

I decided not to properly train her until after DD2 was born (a few weeks after DD1 turned two) because I didn't know how she'd react to the baby & didn't want her to regress when I had a newborn, but she was probably ready before then.

She's been day trained (nappies for sleeping only, and generally wakes up dry from her nap) for over 2 weeks now with only a handful of accidents. She's 27 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Average age to toilet train

My suggestion is of she is showing an interest now to get it sorted before bubs comes, otherwise leave it till a little later after bubs comes.

Toilet training with a newborn in tow is the pits. Extra washing, finding toilets when out, dealing with change rooms with two to handle.....
    Having two in nappies is so much easier IMO.
    Also kids tend to regress when a newborn arrives.

But be warned- I believe I left it too late and made it harder on myself by not taking the window when dd1 was 2and showing an interest, sitting on the potty occasionally. But I was pregnant and couldn't be assed. Now she is 3- defiant and argumentative, not so eager to please. We are struggling to properly toilet train now even though I know she is more than capable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was 2 and a half. She was keen and it was all done in days. DS was 3. He was wee trained before 3 but was terrified to poo on the toilet so the whole thing was prolonged. That's another thread though!

With both kids I waited until they showed interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    My suggestion is of she is showing an interest now to get it sorted before bubs comes, otherwise leave it till a little later after bubs comes.

Toilet training with a newborn in tow is the pits. Extra washing, finding toilets when out, dealing with change rooms with two to handle.....
    Having two in nappies is so much easier IMO.
    Also kids tend to regress when a newborn arrives.

But be warned- I believe I left it too late and made it harder on myself by not taking the window when dd1 was 2and showing an interest, sitting on the potty occasionally. But I was pregnant and couldn't be assed. Now she is 3- defiant and argumentative, not so eager to please. We are struggling to properly toilet train now even though I know she is more than capable.
    I was advised by many people to get it done before 2-2.5yo for this reason.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I do it during the summer after they turn 2. Works well for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    DD will be 4 soon and was in nappies until 3.5. Trained really easily (had accidents when we tried earlier but at this age she had maybe 2 accidents and was trained within 2 weeks (day).

She still wears night nappies as her nappies are never dry in the morning!
    @Mamasupial having both I. Nappies isn't such a bad thing if you can afford it. I would have found the newborn days with DS so much more stressful if I had to be taking DD to the toilet all the time.
    I can definitely afford it as we use cloth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I definitely don't think she is ready now. She's only been walking for 2 weeks. She has been interested in wiping herself though and yesterday she went and got a nappy and tried to put it on over her clothes.