+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 272
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Not much better for low income earners. I read that there was a plan about having low income earners 'opt out' of super payments and instead have that as their income. Not sure what they are supposed to retire on? Can't afford property. No super. Anyway - I am derailing. Carry on.
    No it isn't better for low income earners. But it's not a race to the bottom.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (22-02-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (22-02-2016)

  3. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What's the market like for subdivision and renovation in Sydney? I'm getting the vibe on here it's not worth it / the done thing. Maybe I live in an Adelaide bubble, but surely investors are still developing properties in Sydney too and aren't just using NG and CG as their only source of financial gain??
    There are 2 local councils around here who couldn't give a fizz about anything but money. A lot of people go through private certifier now I think.

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,942
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked
    2,297
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Wonder what it would be like in Wolli Creek? That place is a disaster. Did you see this?

    http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/the-wolli-cr...21-gmzw2s.html
    Wow! That is insanity! I am also guessing that is not 'inner city' suburbs?

  5. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377
    Thanks
    1,504
    Thanked
    883
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow. I go past wolli Creek on the train and so many new units going up. Ridiculous they can be built so close.

  6. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Wow! That is insanity! I am also guessing that is not 'inner city' suburbs?
    Not too close but not too far, roughly 10km from cbd. About 4 train stops from central I think.

    But the government in NSW have earmarked many areas for high density.

    Wolli creek is one of them. Fairly close to city and close to train station.

    Honestly. Sydney is crazy at moment

    http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-issues-t...19-gmyxz8.html

  7. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,293
    Thanks
    3,115
    Thanked
    6,304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What's the market like for subdivision and renovation in Sydney? I'm getting the vibe on here it's not worth it / the done thing. Maybe I live in an Adelaide bubble, but surely investors are still developing properties in Sydney too and aren't just using NG and CG as their only source of financial gain??
    Very hard to get land suitable for subdivision - the council regulations are pretty tough and you need big blocks - we sold a suitable block literally on Saturday at auction for $1,410,000 ( old fibro house on 900m2) they can build an attached duplex on it - we used to sell the same thing 5 years ago for $800,000 so it's pretty much doubled as there is no big blocks left and a huge demand

    You can buy an older 60,s or 70,s original brick house for about $1.1 to renovate but you would need to spend probably $150 k on it and yes you would sell it for maybe $1.4 ish but when you add in holding costs , stamp duty and tax there's no money in it

  8. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Very hard to get land suitable for subdivision - the council regulations are pretty tough and you need big blocks - we sold a suitable block literally on Saturday at auction for $1,410,000 ( old fibro house on 900m2) they can build an attached duplex on it - we used to sell the same thing 5 years ago for $800,000 so it's pretty much doubled as there is no big blocks left and a huge demand

    You can buy an older 60,s or 70,s original brick house for about $1.1 to renovate but you would need to spend probably $150 k on it and yes you would sell it for maybe $1.4 ish but when you add in holding costs , stamp duty and tax there's no money in it
    How many do private certifier?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    Elijahs Mum  (22-02-2016)

  10. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,293
    Thanks
    3,115
    Thanked
    6,304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Negative Gearing - Politics talk

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Not too close but not too far, roughly 10km from cbd. About 4 train stops from central I think.

    But the government in NSW have earmarked many areas for high density.

    Wolli creek is one of them. Fairly close to city and close to train station.

    Honestly. Sydney is crazy at moment

    http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-issues-t...19-gmyxz8.html
    Tons of high rise units going up all along Canterbury Rd in the inner west as well - we don't have many unit developments near home , no land left , practically none near work as there is no train line and they prefer to re zone for units along the train lines - Hurstville is a nightmare - if negative gearing goes those units will definitely drop in price - houses won't though

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

    BigRedV  (23-02-2016)

  12. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,293
    Thanks
    3,115
    Thanked
    6,304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    How many do private certifier?
    Just about all for renos and duplexes now

  13. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    777
    Thanked
    773
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What's the market like for subdivision and renovation in Sydney? I'm getting the vibe on here it's not worth it / the done thing. Maybe I live in an Adelaide bubble, but surely investors are still developing properties in Sydney too and aren't just using NG and CG as their only source of financial gain??
    Not just an Adelaide thing. There is a lot of subdivision going on in a suburb not too far away from me in Brisbane. Ex housing commission 1950's homes in original condition on largish blocks. Although admittedly I've noticed the asking price on these houses has increased considerably in the past 12 months or so.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (22-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Change to Negative Gearing tax breaks
    By ExcuseMyFrench in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-02-2016, 10:56
  2. 8yo quite negative & whingy
    By ICanDream in forum Discipline & behaviour
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 22:31
  3. 8DPT negative HPT
    By Lex23 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-06-2015, 21:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!