+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Not much better for low income earners. I read that there was a plan about having low income earners 'opt out' of super payments and instead have that as their income. Not sure what they are supposed to retire on? Can't afford property. No super. Anyway - I am derailing. Carry on.
    No it isn't better for low income earners. But it's not a race to the bottom.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (22-02-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What's the market like for subdivision and renovation in Sydney? I'm getting the vibe on here it's not worth it / the done thing. Maybe I live in an Adelaide bubble, but surely investors are still developing properties in Sydney too and aren't just using NG and CG as their only source of financial gain??
    There are 2 local councils around here who couldn't give a fizz about anything but money. A lot of people go through private certifier now I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Wonder what it would be like in Wolli Creek? That place is a disaster. Did you see this?

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/the-wolli-cr...21-gmzw2s.html
    Wow! That is insanity! I am also guessing that is not 'inner city' suburbs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow. I go past wolli Creek on the train and so many new units going up. Ridiculous they can be built so close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Wow! That is insanity! I am also guessing that is not 'inner city' suburbs?
    Not too close but not too far, roughly 10km from cbd. About 4 train stops from central I think.

But the government in NSW have earmarked many areas for high density.

Wolli creek is one of them. Fairly close to city and close to train station.

Honestly. Sydney is crazy at moment

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-issues-t...19-gmyxz8.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What's the market like for subdivision and renovation in Sydney? I'm getting the vibe on here it's not worth it / the done thing. Maybe I live in an Adelaide bubble, but surely investors are still developing properties in Sydney too and aren't just using NG and CG as their only source of financial gain??
    Very hard to get land suitable for subdivision - the council regulations are pretty tough and you need big blocks - we sold a suitable block literally on Saturday at auction for $1,410,000 ( old fibro house on 900m2) they can build an attached duplex on it - we used to sell the same thing 5 years ago for $800,000 so it's pretty much doubled as there is no big blocks left and a huge demand

You can buy an older 60,s or 70,s original brick house for about $1.1 to renovate but you would need to spend probably $150 k on it and yes you would sell it for maybe $1.4 ish but when you add in holding costs , stamp duty and tax there's no money in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Very hard to get land suitable for subdivision - the council regulations are pretty tough and you need big blocks - we sold a suitable block literally on Saturday at auction for $1,410,000 ( old fibro house on 900m2) they can build an attached duplex on it - we used to sell the same thing 5 years ago for $800,000 so it's pretty much doubled as there is no big blocks left and a huge demand

You can buy an older 60,s or 70,s original brick house for about $1.1 to renovate but you would need to spend probably $150 k on it and yes you would sell it for maybe $1.4 ish but when you add in holding costs , stamp duty and tax there's no money in it
    How many do private certifier?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Negative Gearing - Politics talk

Not too close but not too far, roughly 10km from cbd. About 4 train stops from central I think.

But the government in NSW have earmarked many areas for high density.

Wolli creek is one of them. Fairly close to city and close to train station.

Honestly. Sydney is crazy at moment

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-issues-t...19-gmyxz8.html
    Tons of high rise units going up all along Canterbury Rd in the inner west as well - we don't have many unit developments near home , no land left , practically none near work as there is no train line and they prefer to re zone for units along the train lines - Hurstville is a nightmare - if negative gearing goes those units will definitely drop in price - houses won't though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (23-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many do private certifier?
    Just about all for renos and duplexes now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not just an Adelaide thing. There is a lot of subdivision going on in a suburb not too far away from me in Brisbane. Ex housing commission 1950's homes in original condition on largish blocks. Although admittedly I've noticed the asking price on these houses has increased considerably in the past 12 months or so.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (22-02-2016)