+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah already been away since beg of Jan... it is what it is I know that. Already thought about the nanny thing we live in a two bed, not really practical - that would be amazing tho!
    One of the biggest problems is the two of them together, so good for daycare and sitters just the opp with me. I'm guessing they're pushing the boundaries but when does it stop? Or doesn't it 😭

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3yr boy cries every night

Last edited by berrybez1; 21-02-2016 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Am I reading that right - that he will be away for 11 months?

Have you thought about an au pair? That might be a good option if your local support is limited. I *think* it's bed and board plus some money to get someone in. Might be worth looking in to?

Another thought too - on the days you work, I assume the kids are in Care? Could they have dinner there if you provide it? Just wondering if that might be easier as one less thing to do when you get home.
    Yeah already been away since beg of Jan... it is what it is I know that. Already thought about the nanny thing we live in a two bed, not really practical - that would be amazing tho!

One of the biggest problems is the two of them together, so good for daycare and sitters just the opp with me. I'm guessing they're pushing the boundaries but when does it stop? Or doesn't it 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with bringing bedtime earlier. I'd be inclined to try and have portable food for dinner so they can eat on the way home and then jump into shower/bath and then pjs and bed. My kids are 4 and 13 months and we aim for 7pm bedtime. If we weren't getting home until 6, is definitely feed them in the car.

My hubby works away a little bit, and when I have warning, I plan easy meals that I can reheat and have again the next night, or have frozen stuff ready to go.

I'd be leaving your son in your bed until you go to bed, that should cut down at least some of the carry on, if they're sharing. Also, agree with the poster who said you need to be strict.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a single mum,
    two boys are 2.5 and 5.5
    my two go into the bath at 6.330, out at 6.50, dressed etc by 7/7.10

Ive done it on my own from day dot, you have to be strict, if Im not my kids feed off each other and BOUNCE their psycho behaviour off one another, they know what theyre ment to do, I have to supervise and consistently push it,

the 3 yo is probably missing his dad, that is why youre experiencing bed time problems,

my ds2 2.5 has me 7-7.30, he then is left in his own bed, if he cries I go in between what I am doing, he does not generally cry anymore as Ive had this routine for some time now.

My 5.5 yo has stories etc 8-8.30 and then its bed time, he's asleep by 9 most nights now

but its taken alot to get this routine to flow, I am aware that if I dont haul their behaviour in the second it gets rowdy then chaos will follow