+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Breastfeeding covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Thank you so much for such a generous offer! Someone gave me one of these recently actually as a gift but I wasn't sure how practical/ comfortable it would be, but I'll give it a try now seeing as its been mentioned a couple of times in the thread. Thanks so much though, really appreciate the thought 🙂
    No worries! Another little tip, if you baby wear using a carrier I used to put the cover over the top (so still around my neck but so the boning is around the top of the carrier). I found it stop strangers getting too close and touching my babies (especially good when they are newborns) but I could still look at them. Also good for blocking out light/noise when they are asleep in there too.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 20-02-2016 at 21:21.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one of the covers like in the photo, but barely used it, it was ok for getting him attached early on, but then I'd have to pull it aside as he got too hot. Muslins under bra strap were good. But now I just don't bother.....the tops with the cross over drape fronts are good, the ones from asos have big long openings in the under section which is good, so many tops have very small boob slits and it's hard to line Bub and them up, especially once they fidget as get older. I find the drapey cross over top good for when I know he's gunna feed for ages and I'll be somewhere not at all BF friendly, that way u can cover ur boob.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the view of bub when using the cover. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455967557.572523.jpg
    Dd was only 3 weeks old then, she is now 3! Brings back memories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my cover, it's called a 'Booby Trapper' they have a website.
    It's discreet and doesn't sit on my baby so I can see him too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Thank you so much for such a generous offer! Someone gave me one of these recently actually as a gift but I wasn't sure how practical/ comfortable it would be, but I'll give it a try now seeing as its been mentioned a couple of times in the thread. Thanks so much though, really appreciate the thought 🙂
    They are SUPER comfy and practical! I used it to feed both my boys (actually I even have that same pattern!) and it never made either of my babies hot or uncomfortable.. It's loose and light enough to be just enough of a cover without being in the way of feeding. I definitely think it's good to spend the first couple of weeks feeding without any cover, just in private if you can avoid doing it in public, just so you and Bub get confident with latching.. Just from personal experience, and not everyone will agree. But once you get comfortable and confident, then a cover for public feeding won't get in the way of good latching.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    This is the view of bub when using the cover. Attachment 78634
    Dd was only 3 weeks old then, she is now 3! Brings back memories!
    Love love love these! I've had the exact same one for over 4 years.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I will give a fluff about it tbh, but will have muslin wraps on hand in case I do get self conscious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    serious question: do you have to BF in public? I don't think I'll be comfortable doing so (not right away anyway) and am freaking out slightly.

you can just go to the parents room instead right?
    There is a lot about parenting that a little bit scary when you haven't experienced it yet public feeding is pretty daunting and you can definitely avoid most of the time it if it makes you uncomfortable. But the truth is, yes you will sometimes have to feed in public and you won't have a choice. It's good to be prepared with a cover if you aren't comfortable with flashing your boobs.

For me, having quite large breasts, it feels very awkward for me to feed in public without a cover. When I do use one I don't have to think twice if my baby is hungry and there is no parents room or private place to sneak off to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    There is a lot about parenting that a little bit scary when you haven't experienced it yet public feeding is pretty daunting and you can definitely avoid most of the time it if it makes you uncomfortable. But the truth is, yes you will sometimes have to feed in public and you won't have a choice. It's good to be prepared with a cover if you aren't comfortable with flashing your boobs.

For me, having quite large breasts, it feels very awkward for me to feed in public without a cover. When I do use one I don't have to think twice if my baby is hungry and there is no parents room or private place to sneak off to.
    my cousin was feeding in public like nobody's business. she accidentally flashed her nip a few times too. totally didn't faze her. this is her second mind you. she also has small boobs.

yeah I just know I'll feel self conscious, even more so if I can't get it right straight away and am spending 50 years fluffing about and bub is screaming. my luck there'll prob be some leery old men about too and I'll just go to pieces.

I'll take it one outing at a time but will ensure I have some kind of Muslim cloth or cover handy just in case.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding covers?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    serious question: do you have to BF in public? I don't think I'll be comfortable doing so (not right away anyway) and am freaking out slightly.

you can just go to the parents room instead right?
    No, you don't have to but when your baby is crying and you're tired and somewhere public you soon don't care it's also super awkward trying to cover yourself and latch the baby, especially if it's boiling hot so I found my care factor went after a few weeks.

There are also many tops you an wear that are very discreet. I feed my DD under a singlet and the clothing covers any visible breast.

After childbirth you may find your a lot less body conscious. It's not very dignified!!
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 21-02-2016 at 21:21.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (21-02-2016)