+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a cover that goes around the neck with a strap and it has a hard bone like collar so it holds the cover away from be body slightly and hense babies face but you can look down and see what they are doing. With ds1 I used it all the time but with ds2 and a toddler I just found it a faff and became a lot more blasé about feeding in public and not caring. I can honestly say in Australia I have found everyone to be very accepting and never had any comments or even glances my way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mama Mirabelle I have this KissKiss HugHug one that I would be happy to pass on. Just pm me your address if you want it. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455953549.760764.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455953569.245433.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I first had dd, BFing in public terrified me. I started out looking for a secluded spot and would fumble around trying to latch dd on under a muslin wrap. 2 weeks later I was so fed up with the wrap getting in the way, my daughter being hot and sweaty and just too damn tired to care about what other people think. I now with confidence bf in public without any coverage. 😊

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (20-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-02-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (20-02-2016),nh2489  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always carried my baby in a wrap or sling so just used the tail of that if I ever felt the need to cover (not that I think any woman should ever *need* to cover up while BFing, you know what I mean!). Means you don't need an extra piece of equipment to carry around!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    I always carried my baby in a wrap or sling so just used the tail of that if I ever felt the need to cover (not that I think any woman should ever *need* to cover up while BFing, you know what I mean!). Means you don't need an extra piece of equipment to carry around!
    Good point! I used the tail of my ring sling too. Also you can practice feeding in a structured carrier, you can loosen it enough for baby to feed - can't see hardly anything when Bub is in there!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use a muslin wrap to if needed as I always have one with me. It doubles as a spew cloth too. Plus its light and breathable for hot Queensland days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a nice light bamboo muslin (weegoamigo) on the odd occasion I wasn't wearing a breastfeeding top.
    I have a few nice breastfeeding tops that work in such a way to provide privacy and have been worth every cent - the goddess drape top by mothers en vogue is basically a v neck top with an overlay on top so bub nestles in there while feeding. Nice tops, flattering, super comfy and easy feeding. Also the asos petal front style breastfeeding tops are good as the singlet part underneath has massive side openings unlike some (target) which have tiny slits and I find really difficult to feed with.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks so much for all the replies, looks like a muslin cloth is the go to, will give it a try and see how I go 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    @Mama Mirabelle I have this KissKiss HugHug one that I would be happy to pass on. Just pm me your address if you want it.
    Thank you so much for such a generous offer! Someone gave me one of these recently actually as a gift but I wasn't sure how practical/ comfortable it would be, but I'll give it a try now seeing as its been mentioned a couple of times in the thread. Thanks so much though, really appreciate the thought 🙂

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding covers?

I'm another that just used a big muslin wrap too I actually picked a few up from big w that were a good size. To begin with I was so worried about feeding in public that I'd just about run to the closest parents room but then I got sick of doing that haha...

I found it easy to tuck corner of wrap into my bra strap on the side I was going to feed, put bub under & latch & tuck the other side in around the top of my other side bra. If they're fairly young they shouldn't be able to pull/kick wrap away. It was awkward to begin with but I quickly got the hang of doing it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (21-02-2016)