+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS got fevers over 40 but he always has - it does not matter what he was sick with.

Honestly he has not been sick the last 6 months or longer. He has been in care for 2 years.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS has just started his second year at daycare.
    He started at 4 months and honestly it felt like he was constantly sick in his first year.
    Fevers, colds, a bout of hand, foot and mouth, more fevers and colds.
    I'm hoping this year will be better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD started 5 days a week at 15 months. She got a cold about every 2-4 weeks if I remember correctly. She was sick a lot in the first year. Her immune system kicked in and she was really good after that. In the first half of last year (age 3), she only had two sick days in 6 months (then she was diagnosed with cancer, but that's a whole other story!). I'm hoping that the chemo she's going through isn't cancelling out her great immunity as she really was tough. Maybe that's why she has coped with chemo so well?? Considering she has just been through 6 months of very intense chemo she looks really healthy. If it wasn't for the fact that she's bald from chemo you wouldn't know she had been through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds normal to me. My DS got really sick his first day of daycare then got sick all the time - I think he was sick 2 out of every 3 weeks for the first 6 months of daycare. My MCHN said it was normal. It drove me crazy.

The spaces between illnesses (usually fever, snot nose, cough) gradually increased and by the time he was 2 he rarely got sick at all. He just needed to develop his immune system (and the Melbourne winter didn't help that IMO, daycare was very indoors). Now 4 (touch wood) I can't remember the last time he had a fever, must be 12 months?!

If you are concerned it's not normal see a paediatrician. A friend of mine's daughter was getting fevers (although no other symptoms) every 3-4 weeks and they got dangerously high/couldn't be controlled with panadol etc. it turned out to be something else - but this is rare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I read somewhere recently that children under 5 are infected with viruses (whether they are showing symptoms or not) for 50% of the time! So basically it's normal for them to be sick all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read somewhere recently that children under 5 are infected with viruses (whether they are showing symptoms or not) for 50% of the time! So basically it's normal for them to be sick all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jcjosi View Post
    My son is 15 months old and he started daycare when he was 10 months old and after being there for a month for 2 days a week, he started to get fevers every 2-3 weeks and each time we see GP, he said its a viral infection. Is anyone else's child in daycare in a similar situation?
    Dd had a nasty chest infection that lingered for about 4 months after starting daycare and needed5 rounds of antibiotics to clear it she was so crook. Every time there is gastro or conjunctivitis we seem to be one of the.first families affected, she takes after me i was the same at preschool。 this yr 12 months on we dont get every illness thank goodness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are the same. DS is almost 7 months and we are heading to the doctor again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he has another infection - had one 4 weeks ago with a cough that never really cleared and has flared up again now. He's been at daycare 2 months now. Really hoping my whole year isn't going to be like this but I've heard the first 6 months at daycare is the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to the doctors tomorrow too. He's not eating very much and gone off his milk. He's also not sleeping very well.