+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Ahalfdozen that is just "WOW". So not OK, no wonder you've moved on and let them go. And really good that you have a great MIL. My MIL passed away before DH and I met and I'm really sad about that because she sounds like she was a fantastic Mum and I would have loved to experienced that type of relationship.

It is ridiculous how it is always all about them. My sister asked me to be present at the birth of her first child and she made it really clear that she didn't want Mum in there at all. So of course when she went into labour Mum came up to the hospital hoping to get in (who told her she was in labour???!!!) and I knew my sister's wishes, so said no. Then I had to deal with a mother in floods of tears and hysterics in the waiting room "My own daughter doesn't want me. Blah, blah, blah", making it all about HER. I was so p!ssed off! And my father was on the phone every ten minutes, taken to bed with severe anxiety about my sister and the baby. FFS!!!! It's not about you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Urrgghh such emotional vampires aren't they? I would love to vent more about my vampire mother but I'm always worried about privacy Mine is being particularly narcissistic atm

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Summer  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive just read the OP so could be covering what' been said.

I wouldn't cut her off straight away due to escalation which it seems like she's already doing by speaking to your sister and posting on fb. I'd just send a txt to her, it means she's still getting attention (so won't totally escalate) but limits the chance for her to re engage with you. Don't make it seem like anything exciting is happening - just busy with work, working hard, catching up on work, very beige and don't mention your DSS or building the house.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Summer  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Not sure what to do next with NPD mother...

And no you're not being mean. It's self preservation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Summer  (20-02-2016)