+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should I be worried?

I'm 34 and my DP is 28. I've just got divorced and have DD (4 years old). She was an IVF baby due to me not ovulating and Ex-DH haven't non-existent sperm. Since then, I've been getting regular periods and had DP tested and his sperm count etc. came back normal.

I'm worried I'm getting too old as DP has agreed to start TTC later in the year. Things have moved quickly for us, we live together and are talking marriage. I'm just terrified it will take a long time or won't happen! DP is in no rush, being younger....please put my mind at ease. I was diagnosed with PCOS but got pregnant second cycle and hyper stimulated on the first due to two many eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could have an AMH blood test done as this will give you an idea of what your levels are for your age (egg reserve). Costs about $80.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    an AMH blood test done as this will give you an idea of what your levels are for your age (egg reserve). Costs about $80.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I would bother as quantity doesn't show quality. And PCOS normally shows high which could be a false indicator.

If you're trying this year I wouldn't worry, I would just start trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had irregular periods due to PCO and was very worried about falling preg with DH when we started TTC. I'd never fallen with XH despite being pretty lax with contraception (never actively tried though).

Didn't need to worrry! We fell with DD first cycle of the pill when I was 31. My periods also became regular after I had her. We started TTC DS when I was 36 and conceived first cycle again (miscarried sadly), waited a few months then conceived again after 4 cycles of trying (another miscarriage) and DS tried another 4 cycles of trying. I was 37 and had DS not long before turning 38. I say 'cycles' rather than months as my cycles changed after each pregnancy.

I have also read tha AMH testing is irrelevant if you have PCO. I say just give it a go if you are getting periods now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    I'm 34 and my DP is 28. I've just got divorced and have DD (4 years old). She was an IVF baby due to me not ovulating and Ex-DH haven't non-existent sperm. Since then, I've been getting regular periods and had DP tested and his sperm count etc. came back normal.

I'm worried I'm getting too old as DP has agreed to start TTC later in the year. Things have moved quickly for us, we live together and are talking marriage. I'm just terrified it will take a long time or won't happen! DP is in no rush, being younger....please put my mind at ease. I was diagnosed with PCOS but got pregnant second cycle and hyper stimulated on the first due to two many eggs!
    Hi, I had my first baby at 34, my second at 36 and now pregnant with my third at 38. Whilst age can be a barrier, at 34 you are def not classed as to old in this day and age. Start charting your cycle, get some OPK's or do temping so you can learn if and when you ovulate. It will help later on when you do start to try and if you do have issues.

Good luck