+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Informative Meningitis video

I wasn't sure where to put this, in child health or pro-vax but because the video is informative about what to look out for in regards to babies and small children I thought this section would be best.

A two year old girl just died over here in the UK from meningitis B. This story is becoming widespread because the NHS has just added the Men B vaccine to the national schedule but only for babies born after May 2015, if they were born before then you have to pay for the jab (2-3 doses) privately and each jab is expensive. We literally just paid for 2yo DS' first jab last week so seeing the photos in the news of this little girl really hit my heart. Australia does have a Men B vaccine available but from what I can tell it is only available privately.

Anyways here's the video (note the video is not upsetting, just a cartoon explaining what to look out for):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLWnlrmKNg
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 19-02-2016 at 07:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I havnt watched the video but just seeing the photos of that little girl and a post made me phone my go straight away to book my ds2 in for his men b jab. I've had the prescription sitting in the house for about 2 months but didn't get around to booking the appointment and sorting out the script but I made sure I got on it after seeing that. The next thing I need to consider is whether I also get ds1 done at 2 as I initially assumed it was just for small babies but seeing as she was 2 maybe it would also be beneficial for him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But it's not cheap here either. $155 per jab so for 2 babies it will be costly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son is done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Informative Meningitis video

Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    I havnt watched the video but just seeing the photos of that little girl and a post made me phone my go straight away to book my ds2 in for his men b jab. I've had the prescription sitting in the house for about 2 months but didn't get around to booking the appointment and sorting out the script but I made sure I got on it after seeing that. The next thing I need to consider is whether I also get ds1 done at 2 as I initially assumed it was just for small babies but seeing as she was 2 maybe it would also be beneficial for him.
    The video's not upsetting, just a cartoon describing the symptoms and what to look for.

I've just done DS at 2. Children under 5 are at the most risk with babies under 5 months being the highest risk.

Here it's £120 per jab 😧 but our next baby will obviously be free since he falls into the new schedule so that's a relief. I wonder if Australia will eventually add it to the schedule.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (19-02-2016)

kiwimum890 is online now It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    The video's not upsetting, just a cartoon describing the symptoms and what to look for.

I've just done DS at 2. Children under 5 are at the most risk with babies under 5 months being the highest risk.

Here it's £120 per jab 😧 but our next baby will obviously be free since he falls into the new schedule so that's a relief. I wonder if Australia will eventually add it to the schedule.
    Please note the link I have attached does have some very confronting photos of the little girl...

There is a petition at the end of this article which is asking the government to add it to the schedule...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...46dc2a556a2666

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016),nh2489  (19-02-2016)