+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think exercises make much of a difference but they don't hurt. A good midwife coaching you, letting your body do the pushing and getting into a position where your pelvis is open and there is less pressure towards your tailbone (all fours and leaning forward squatting) seem to be the best. Water also helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Thank you we have been using almond oil. My DH does it (I find it very difficult to do myself), he's reasonably gentle but I think I find it a bit disturbing like it's going to destroy intimacy etc. I just don't like it, but then I'm not going to like a head coming out of there am i! I prob just need to toughen up.

Have heard water birth can reduce tearing/severity too so will see if I end up in the bath again. My OB is happy for me to have a water birth (they have water proof monitoring for VBACs) but I'm a bit hesitant worried that it might slow down my progress (as it did with DS, another story). Maybe if I'm fully dilated and ready to push I'll jump in and give it a go.
    It was my dream to have a water birth. I have always remained very active in labour standing Up for as long as as I possibly can. The longest of my three labours was 9 hours. I believed this helped me. However some women say they can't stand up so I guess it is different for everyone.

It is great you are trying for a VBAC the recovery after is so much better than a c-section. So glad I was able to have one, I was even enduced with my first vbac even though I was told all threw my pregnancy that they would not do that.

At the end of the day all that matters is a healthy baby even if you have to have a C-section in the end.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skye Baby For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye Baby View Post
    It was my dream to have a water birth. I have always remained very active in labour standing Up for as long as as I possibly can. The longest of my three labours was 9 hours. I believed this helped me. However some women say they can't stand up so I guess it is different for everyone.

It is great you are trying for a VBAC the recovery after is so much better than a c-section. So glad I was able to have one, I was even enduced with my first vbac even though I was told all threw my pregnancy that they would not do that.

At the end of the day all that matters is a healthy baby even if you have to have a C-section in the end.
    Absolutely agree, healthy baby & mum is my absolute most important thing. Followed by avoiding surgery. I'm not as focussed on a water birth this time, I have been a little scared off it given my last experience (different hospital, different set up too). I too want an active labor and can't be sure what I will want on the day. I've told them I don't want to get into a bath until I am fully dilated and ready to go - and I might not want to anyway. But good to know the option is there, they have baths in all their birth suites.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure my DH would happily do it, but I think I'd find it weird! And he'd think he was getting action after it. What does it actually involve if it hurts? I haven't looked too much into it tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    look up some YouTube vids. sunny told me about it a while ago. I think ill pass on it 😂

there's no way in hell I'd want dh helping me with something like this. I'd find it weird if he was getting off on something that is supposed to be medical in nature 😂

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh I'm way too scared to YouTube it 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My experience
    Bub 1 didn't do it. Was cut from here to Kingdom come.
    Bub 2 didnt do it. tore badly.
    Bub 3 to 6 did it. Not even a graze. Bub no 4 was a kilo heavier than any other of my babies. Bub no 5 was face presentation that was born vaginally on the operation table as they we preparing to do a emergency Csection.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    Oh gosh I'm way too scared to YouTube it 😳
    they use their hands or a plastic vj in lieu of being anatomically correct 😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://youtu.be/3vBqSO7F_WE

this one is actually quite good. no rude bits I promise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    look up some YouTube vids. sunny told me about it a while ago. I think ill pass on it 😂

there's no way in hell I'd want dh helping me with something like this. I'd find it weird if he was getting off on something that is supposed to be medical in nature 😂
    I can't possibly reach down there, let alone see what I am doing 😂