+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I told my work I was happy for them to call/text if there were any questions (eg couldn't find a file, unsure of history of something, etc) but I didn't want to do any actual work. They called a few times before bub was born and I was happy to assist as the two minutes of my time on the phone saved them hours of searching. (Maybe my handover wasn't great!!!). They called once after bub was born and I was actually more than happy to chat as DF was overseas and I was starved of non-baby related conversation 😜.

If I was you I'd probably call your boss back and see what he wants. If is something that two minutes on the phone can resolve then fine but if he asks for you to do a few hours of work then say no.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have been called twice I would call back to check in... I know you don't want too by you do want to back and don't want to leave bad air between you... Essentially your still employed so you do have to Within reason speak to your employer about issues not handled when handing over... I know with a staff member of mine who went on maternity leave we had an audit and she hadn't signed everything off so had to come back in to finish that... Good luck hopefully he's just checking in to see if bubs has arrived yet

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks for the alternative perspective ladies.

I talked to dh about it last night and he said I should just call back. which I knew he'd say. meh maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I just don't really feel like talking chit chat with him.

my handover was pretty thorough. I left plenty of notes etc but as you say, maybe he can't find something that was missed and it'll save hours of searching.

I guess I'm concerned he will put me on the spot re work and I won't know how to respond.

I really need to just deal with this I think.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks for the alternative perspective ladies.

I talked to dh about it last night and he said I should just call back. which I knew he'd say. meh maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I just don't really feel like talking chit chat with him.

my handover was pretty thorough. I left plenty of notes etc but as you say, maybe he can't find something that was missed and it'll save hours of searching.

I guess I'm concerned he will put me on the spot re work and I won't know how to respond.

I really need to just deal with this I think.
    Yeah probably just get it over with or it will play on your mind. If he wants you to do any more work make it clear you've had enough and can't. And end the conversation with, I'll let you know once our Bub arrives. That should get the message through that you don't intend speaking again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yeah probably just get it over with or it will play on your mind. If he wants you to do any more work make it clear you've had enough and can't. And end the conversation with, I'll let you know once our Bub arrives. That should get the message through that you don't intend speaking again.
    😂

the nice way of "now f.ck off mate"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    'Hi boss - sorry I missed your call. Was busy figuring out if the glob of mucous plug was enough to consider the start of labour. Then I thought I'd check how squishy my cervix was and if it was dilated. Not long now Boss! Imagine this - there will soon be a baby coming out of my v@gina! Can you imagine anything more special than that???

Oh, so what did you want to discuss?'

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Summer  (19-02-2016),turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would call back just get it over with and say something like I've been feeling sooooo tired and stressing about being ready for Bub make out like you are stretched thin hopefully he will get it and not ask for much then say you will let them know when Bub was here. For my mat leave I got a few emails and I responded when I could but after bang came I was so overwhelmed I didn't my email for a while!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    'Hi boss - sorry I missed your call. Was busy figuring out if the glob of mucous plug was enough to consider the start of labour. Then I thought I'd check how squishy my cervix was and if it was dilated. Not long now Boss! Imagine this - there will soon be a baby coming out of my v@gina! Can you imagine anything more special than that???

Oh, so what did you want to discuss?'
    omg I've started choking 😂😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    I would call back just get it over with and say something like I've been feeling sooooo tired and stressing about being ready for Bub make out like you are stretched thin hopefully he will get it and not ask for much then say you will let them know when Bub was here. For my mat leave I got a few emails and I responded when I could but after bang came I was so overwhelmed I didn't my email for a while!!
    yes will prob do this. just call and find out wtf he wants and let him know I'm tired, stressed, not sleeping properly, permanently uncomfortable and over it! then finish it off with will let you know once bub is here.