+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanks
    2,308
    Thanked
    1,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I told my work I was happy for them to call/text if there were any questions (eg couldn't find a file, unsure of history of something, etc) but I didn't want to do any actual work. They called a few times before bub was born and I was happy to assist as the two minutes of my time on the phone saved them hours of searching. (Maybe my handover wasn't great!!!). They called once after bub was born and I was actually more than happy to chat as DF was overseas and I was starved of non-baby related conversation 😜.

    If I was you I'd probably call your boss back and see what he wants. If is something that two minutes on the phone can resolve then fine but if he asks for you to do a few hours of work then say no.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    312
    Reviews
    0
    If you have been called twice I would call back to check in... I know you don't want too by you do want to back and don't want to leave bad air between you... Essentially your still employed so you do have to Within reason speak to your employer about issues not handled when handing over... I know with a staff member of mine who went on maternity leave we had an audit and she hadn't signed everything off so had to come back in to finish that... Good luck hopefully he's just checking in to see if bubs has arrived yet

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

    turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks for the alternative perspective ladies.

    I talked to dh about it last night and he said I should just call back. which I knew he'd say. meh maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I just don't really feel like talking chit chat with him.

    my handover was pretty thorough. I left plenty of notes etc but as you say, maybe he can't find something that was missed and it'll save hours of searching.

    I guess I'm concerned he will put me on the spot re work and I won't know how to respond.

    I really need to just deal with this I think.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (19-02-2016)

  7. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks for the alternative perspective ladies.

    I talked to dh about it last night and he said I should just call back. which I knew he'd say. meh maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I just don't really feel like talking chit chat with him.

    my handover was pretty thorough. I left plenty of notes etc but as you say, maybe he can't find something that was missed and it'll save hours of searching.

    I guess I'm concerned he will put me on the spot re work and I won't know how to respond.

    I really need to just deal with this I think.
    Yeah probably just get it over with or it will play on your mind. If he wants you to do any more work make it clear you've had enough and can't. And end the conversation with, I'll let you know once our Bub arrives. That should get the message through that you don't intend speaking again.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

    turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

  9. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yeah probably just get it over with or it will play on your mind. If he wants you to do any more work make it clear you've had enough and can't. And end the conversation with, I'll let you know once our Bub arrives. That should get the message through that you don't intend speaking again.
    😂

    the nice way of "now f.ck off mate"

  10. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,954
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    'Hi boss - sorry I missed your call. Was busy figuring out if the glob of mucous plug was enough to consider the start of labour. Then I thought I'd check how squishy my cervix was and if it was dilated. Not long now Boss! Imagine this - there will soon be a baby coming out of my v@gina! Can you imagine anything more special than that???

    Oh, so what did you want to discuss?'

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    Summer  (19-02-2016),turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

  12. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked
    489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would call back just get it over with and say something like I've been feeling sooooo tired and stressing about being ready for Bub make out like you are stretched thin hopefully he will get it and not ask for much then say you will let them know when Bub was here. For my mat leave I got a few emails and I responded when I could but after bang came I was so overwhelmed I didn't my email for a while!!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

    turquoisecoast  (19-02-2016)

  14. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    'Hi boss - sorry I missed your call. Was busy figuring out if the glob of mucous plug was enough to consider the start of labour. Then I thought I'd check how squishy my cervix was and if it was dilated. Not long now Boss! Imagine this - there will soon be a baby coming out of my v@gina! Can you imagine anything more special than that???

    Oh, so what did you want to discuss?'
    omg I've started choking 😂😂😂

  15. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    I would call back just get it over with and say something like I've been feeling sooooo tired and stressing about being ready for Bub make out like you are stretched thin hopefully he will get it and not ask for much then say you will let them know when Bub was here. For my mat leave I got a few emails and I responded when I could but after bang came I was so overwhelmed I didn't my email for a while!!
    yes will prob do this. just call and find out wtf he wants and let him know I'm tired, stressed, not sleeping properly, permanently uncomfortable and over it! then finish it off with will let you know once bub is here.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Claiming Paid Parental Leave whilst self Employed Query
    By ilovegiraffes in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-01-2016, 21:33
  2. work after maternity leave
    By annieviolet in forum Maternity & Parental Leave
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 19:55
  3. Reducing days whilst on maternity leave
    By maternidade in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 19-02-2015, 10:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!