+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually want a dyson stick vac for mothers day but guess that will go on hold. I just can't live without a watch! Nothing fancy just something simple and decent quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I actually want a dyson stick vac for mothers day but guess that will go on hold. I just can't live without a watch! Nothing fancy just something simple and decent quality.
    Hey @Jontu I recently bought a dyson stick vac and even though lots of people rave about them I don't think it's that fantastic for $400. Maybe I should have gone for the $800 one 😳 I find for dust on the floor it's ok but any bigger bits of dirt, crumbs I have to go over many times for it to suck up. It's better than a dust buster type vac but it certainly hasn't knocked my socks off and I wonder if I would have been as happy with a $150-$200 stick vac. Food for thought. Lots of people said they don't even use their proper vacuum after getting the dyson stick but no way. And I don't even have carpet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Hey @Jontu I recently bought a dyson stick vac and even though lots of people rave about them I don't think it's that fantastic for $400. Maybe I should have gone for the $800 one 😳 I find for dust on the floor it's ok but any bigger bits of dirt, crumbs I have to go over many times for it to suck up. It's better than a dust buster type vac but it certainly hasn't knocked my socks off and I wonder if I would have been as happy with a $150-$200 stick vac. Food for thought. Lots of people said they don't even use their proper vacuum after getting the dyson stick but no way. And I don't even have carpet!
    Thanks
    I think I remember a thread you started asking about the dyson and lots of people said it was really good.
    I am unsure now.
    We have the regular dyson but I thought the stick would be easier especially for the car.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a regular Dyson and don't like it alot. For the 500 plus dollars it cost it's pretty ordinary. I too followed the thread about the stick vac as was in market for a new vacuum, ended up with a regular Dyson. I'm disappointed, I seem to be in the minority though. You have to go over the floor a few times before it picks anything up and it has cracked in a few places after 2 years I've had it where it's quite flimsy plastic. I'd not get one again and I've owned about 3 different Dyson models over the years, this one being the worst.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I have a regular Dyson and don't like it alot. For the 500 plus dollars it cost it's pretty ordinary. I too followed the thread about the stick vac as was in market for a new vacuum, ended up with a regular Dyson. I'm disappointed, I seem to be in the minority though. You have to go over the floor a few times before it picks anything up and it has cracked in a few places after 2 years I've had it where it's quite flimsy plastic. I'd not get one again and I've owned about 3 different Dyson models over the years, this one being the worst.
    I have 3 dysons. I have the big one for around the house, the stick one for dog hair and quick tidy ups on carpet and the hand held.

The hand held is far best for the car. We have a Kia grand carnival and even as big as that is the stick is too long to clean around seats etc. The hand held is far easier for that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    FWIW I agree. I've trialed Dyson's a few times and have never been particularly impressed. They seem too plastic. I much prefer my Miele.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (19-04-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-04-2016),zoz  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    FWIW I agree. I've trialed Dyson's a few times and have never been particularly impressed. They seem too plastic. I much prefer my Miele.
    That is what I'm eyeing off a new Miele vacumm. I've had one before and it was great before it died. I'd love a new one maybe oneday soon!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently bought the Dyson Absolute and I love it! With a 8 months old, a dog and a home which is mainly hardwood with carpeted bedrooms - it's perfect.

It has 2 large heads, one for hard (hardwood / tile) and the other for carpet, and 3-4 smaller ones. Plus, it is also a handheld.

We use is several times a day - love it. But I do need to sweep hard to reach areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Dyson v6 stick bought about similar stage (ds8-9 mths I think) yes best purchase ever.... Considering the fancier one for new house since it's so big, 2 would be handy...,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't love my Dyson stick. If it wasn't on sale I would be really annoyed. My Werheim regular vacuum is amazing in comparison.
    The Dyson stick gets blocked constantly and requires a lot of cleaning. Not ideal.