+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    But why even do it? It's so lame! Don't get it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Neither do I. Why don't people have real lives? Says woman on a forum when she should be sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Neither do I. Why don't people have real lives? Says woman on a forum when she should be sleeping.
    We're all women on a forum that should be doing something better - that's what bonds us together (well, most of us!)
    Nice to see you back lovely xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Meh sleep. We miss all the fun when we sleep.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No wonder our kids don't want to sleep either life is way too exciting to sleep. On that note I am going to bed. Hubby put on his red boxers and that's usually his not so subtle hint he wants special cuddles.

Night y'all.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (18-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (18-02-2016),Ngaiz  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Sort of spinoff - is trust earned or assumed?

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    But why even do it? It's so lame! Don't get it...
    I honestly think people who troll or create alternative online personas must have something seriously wrong with their lives. or they're pedos and need to create a different persona for their online activities so as not to get caught.

either way, it's not normal, healthy people seeking out ordinary interactions.

I've been part of forums that were totally uncensored and you'd get people signing up with fake usernames to specifically flame/target another user that they didn't like or had offline/real life beef with. but that was a local, city based forum, not a national one as big as bub hub.

as I said earlier, I think these forums allow people to be more open and honest versions of themselves. I feel like I can come on here and really open up as there's nobody I know from my real life judging me or pushing an agenda etc. I also believe that most forum users (on bub hub anyway) are genuine and get the same thing out of this place as I do.

it's strange, I'm almost more trusting of faceless forum users than I would be of strangers irl lol
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 18-02-2016 at 21:34.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think I'm pretty cynical.
    But then there are things I do every day that rely on trust.
    E.g I drive my car on the road with other drivers every day. To function in life and my job, I have to trust (and hope) that those people are people just like me, and not under the influence, not intent on running me off the road, not looking at their phone instead of the road.
    Or, I trust that the educators at daycare not only passed their police and working with children check, but are going to be kind to my son. I trust they will comfort him when he's upset and encourage his curiosity and joy in the world.

There are different levels of trust.

At work I trust that people will do what they say they will.

But I don't necessarily trust the thoroughness of what they will do.

So I'm a cynic but a trusting one :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I honestly think people who troll or create alternative online personas must have something seriously wrong with their lives. or they're pedos and need to create a different persons for their online activities so as not to get caught.

either way, it's not normal, healthy people seeking out ordinary interactions.

I've been part of forums that were totally uncensored and you'd get people signing up with fake usernames to specifically flame/target another user that they didn't like or had offline/real life beef with. but that was a local, city based forum, not a national one as big as bub hub.

as I said earlier, I think these forums allow people to be more open and honest versions of themselves. I feel like I can come on here and really open up as there's nobody I know from my real life judging me or pushing an agenda etc. I also believe that most forum users (on bub hub anyway) are genuine and get the same thing out of this place as I do.

it's strange, I'm almost more trusting of faceless forum users than I would be of strangers irl lol
    This makes me want to start a show us your face thread! Only for people who are ok with it of coarse. I've always loved these threads in the past because it's so nice to put a face to a name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Sort of spinoff - is trust earned or assumed?

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    This makes me want to start a show us your face thread! Only for people who are ok with it of coarse. I've always loved these threads in the past because it's so nice to put a face to a name.
    I know and I agree! I guess what makes me uneasy to show my face is what if I end up knowing someone off here irl. I'll go into a paranoid fluster and start re-reading and scrutinizing all my old posts in case I said too much or gave something private away. I do like the anonymity of this place. it's the reason I'm not part of any of the fb groups that are related to bub hub either.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I know and I agree! I guess what makes me uneasy to show my face is what if I end up knowing someone off here irl. I'll go into a paranoid fluster and start re-reading and scrutinizing all my old posts in case I said too much or gave something private away. I do like the anonymity of this place. it's the reason I'm not part of any of the fb groups that are related to bub hub either.
    Yep I know!! I do think it's lovely that women are given a space where they can be anonymous and let the mask fall. It took me a long time to feel ok with showing my face.
    I'm just curious by nature and I think everyone has seen my old head!
    it's all good xxx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (19-02-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-02-2016)