+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I have just met someone then I will generally trust them and give that person the benefit of the doubt that they are a decent person.
    I will admit though that I do get fearful around strangers who are acting or appear drunk or aggressive (eg if walking home) and will try to keep my distance or avoid them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the situation.
    Trust usually needs to be earnt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've met plenty of people from online (both online dating sites before I met dh and from other forums I used to post on). I've only ever had good experiences. anyone I've met that I got a weird vibe from I've not bothered to see again and would block/avoid online.

generally I think people's online personas are probably more honest than what they'd present themselves as in public. give a man a mask and he'll show you his true face type thing....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),Marchbundle  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I've met plenty of people from online (both online dating sites before I met dh and from other forums I used to post on). I've only ever had good experiences. anyone I've met that I got a weird vibe from I've not bothered to see again and would block/avoid online.

generally I think people's online personas are probably more honest than what they'd present themselves as in public. give a man a mask and he'll show you his true face type thing....

I met DP online too, he is as he is, but my god I met some deadset wankas online.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    For example:
    Seeing a man sitting in a park watching children play as a man sitting in a park watching children play or a potential dodgy paedophile?

I Would think he is supervising the kids in his car.
    If it was obvious that he didn't know any of the kids I would start to watch more carefully.

If someone walks towards you in a busy street do you clutch your bag closer to you or it wouldn't occur to you?
    Yes. But more so one deserted street. That freaks me. When my children and I were robbed it was 7 am on a busy car wise but no foot traffic street. No one came out of the houses even though the men were yelling that they would bash us and the were covered in blood.
    So a empty street is more scary to me than a busy one.

Do you assume that people are who they claim to be online?
    Unless I get a vibe so to speak. There are a lot of trolls. My spider sense are going off....

That sort of thing. I know there are plenty of exceptions to any rule but where does your radar generally lie?

God knows.

For me, I give full trust but I do rely strongly on my intuition.

This kind of me..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),VicPark  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I think I'm similar to some other PP, I rely heavily on my gut/intuition but I'm a trusting person.
    I love my online friends!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),LoveLivesHere  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I met DP online too, he is as he is, but my god I met some deadset wankas online.
    funny, out of all the guys/dates/hook ups I met online, dh was not one of them!!! we met under the most cliched of circumstances, through mutual friends at a friend's bday party 😂😂😂

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),Marchbundle  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Sort of spinoff - is trust earned or assumed?

As for online, it is harder to judge and I'm more sceptical
    Last edited by BigRedV; 18-02-2016 at 20:37.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),VicPark  (18-02-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    As for online, it is harder to judge and I'm more sceptical
    I think this is where I'm really naive. It's just something I don't understand at all - that people would lie online and why they would. It's in fathomable to me and so I kind of assume that it would be to everyone else too.

I'm not talking the Nigerian cousins or giving me credit card details to strangers. Just the mundane details on forums sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I think this is where I'm really naive. It's just something I don't understand at all - that people would lie online and why they would. It's in fathomable to me and so I kind of assume that it would be to everyone else too.

I'm not talking the Nigerian cousins or giving me credit card details to strangers. Just the mundane details on forums sort of thing.
    So many do though and I remember when I was a mod here it was bizarre and saddening at the lies. Trolls are a special breed I think.

Even after all that, I'm still ok with sharing photos, details etc... and with meeting people and becoming FB friends. I think I have a good nose for who is genuine and TBH, I love the deeper connection I get when I'm a FB friend with someone and then if I get to meet them? Awesome!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)