+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So many things - I'm regretting this pregnancy

This is more a off load...... Because we have told anyone not even family because of a miscarriage in September.

we made a decision this would be our last pregnancy, we have a high needs special needs child.

i wanted to make sure that with this pregnancy knowing it will be my last that I take the time to enjoy it but I can't.

Started off fine with hcg above average but doctor went on to say prepare for twins and you must get nucal scan because of your first child being asd and you need to consider termination....... So I took my results and ran from him he wasn't a doctor I wanted!

Next doctor pointed out out I was folate and b12 deficient which previous doctor missed! So fixed that with pills, then she decided to test for progesterone levels and Yeap they are low so script for that..... I picked it up today and $177! I actually didn't have the money in my account to pay. I looked at my son and thought of his expenses with therapies and his medicines and I didn't have enough money for drugs to assist my baby to stick!

Im so upset, I'm far from enjoying my pregnancy. I'm scared ****less of miscarriage, I'm broke as all crap and worried about how I can afford these medical bills to have a baby stick and still no guarantee!

I then Had to book in my 12 week scan and everyday that I had hubby home to look after our son they were booked out so now I have to call him in from work and I have to take time off work which means no pay for me and further complications with hubby getting the time off work.

We we just can't say to work or friends we need a carer and time off work were pregnant and need scans done cause we don't want to tell anyone and then we don't have family in town they are 12 hours away!

both our work places are not very understanding it's all about them and the inconvenience you cause.

im so overwhelmed and emotional I just want to be pregnant and enjoy it!

Im considering telling my doctor no more drugs and let's see what happens.

And nd believe it or not 12month of healthy living to,get ready for this. First pregnancy I was at my worst health and I had a healthy asd child. I just don't understand!

I just want want something easy and enjoyable in life - we are forever fighting and trying to get somewhere.

And nd no nothing on private health we miss out everything else is but what I'm getting isn't listed as covered wahhhhhhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Supposed to read haven't told anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have no advice, but wanted to send you hugs. We are in the same town so if you ever want a friendly shoulder, I'm here xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I wanted his experience to be extra special it will be my last. I want to give my son a forever gift of a sibling and feel like I'm fighting to give that. I really want to enjoy it I just don't k ow how to when I'm reminded every morning when I pull out jars after jars to take pills. The. I think I'm I wanting to much is is why it's so hard cause I'm supposed to have another baby. Arghhhhh I think to much on plus side I just got my dream pram (second hand couldn't afford it new) but means that I will be able to jog with ease. Let's just hope I have a baby to put in it in September. If not the dog will do lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs

I'll come back and reply properly later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big bugs its a lot of stress to be under, hope all is good with bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @joeyjojo84

Aw big hugs to you. Its really, really hard and I know you want to enjoy it but don't give yourself stick either for feeling stressed, its a really tough time, emotionally and financially. Maybe see a GP and explain how you are feeling? They might be able to help you in some way, with some advice or refer you to someone who can help. Especially seeing as you have been through a loss with your miscarriage and you have a high needs child.

I have been trying for 2.5 years to get pregnant and now I am I am feeling very unfit, unhealthy and stressed too. I keep telling myself this will pass and I'll be able to exercise and get back on top of things........just not for a while.

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry your having such a hard time... I have nearly a full pack of progesterone pressaries if you want them... I'm based in Perth...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default So many things - I'm regretting this pregnancy

@Joyeyjojo84

I actually read your post and cried, a lot of what you said resonated really strongly with me.

We have different stories, but I can totally relate to the fear of something going wrong with the pregnancy and guilt of not enjoying your pregnancy, and the exhaustion about having to fight for everything.

After years of ttc and serious health problems all I wanted was to enjoy this pregnancy as it will undoubtedly be my last. But I all I have had issues, financial stressors, scares and pregnancy complications ..and I haven't enjoyed it one bit.

My advice is to try and take each day at a time, though easier said than done. Also as a pp said seeing a GP or counsellor may help (I am getting treatment for my mental health and it does help). Try not to beat yourself up on the days you find pregnancy difficult, you have been through so much, have a huge amount on your plate, and your feelings are totally normal given the circumstances.

Wishing you all the very best.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (19-02-2016)