Closed Thread
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope thanks for the reminder. I'm going to do it after ds birthday. Will have to pick a week when he's not sick! Will be hard as he's started swimming classes now. Another chance to get sick. Today he came home after swimming and has a 38 degree fever. I haven't given him anything for it tho. He seems ok. So far last week and this week Childcare he has only gotten mildly sick.

How did ds birthday go? Did he have a nice time? Is your mum still with you? You guys should take the opportunity for a date night

I haven't transitioned ds from bottle yet but I'm thinking about it. Ds still seems to drink ok from the bottle tho. Childcare has already been giving ds cows milk with wheetbix since a month ago. We will continue with the formula until we see MHN.

Is ds better with his food now? Ds only eats well if we let him hold onto something. Usually I give him a piece of bread to hold onto. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: DS has been off childcare for a few weeks now. DH got sick so he stayed at home on the week of DS birthday. He has completely recovered from the sickness now. I am sure that he would catch something as soon as he goes back to childcare. A blessing and a curse. My parents only came for a short visit. No chance to do a date night. I'll be a single parent when DH goes out of town.......not so looking forward but DS is a LOT easier than when he was younger these days. He is very playful and loves the playground. He is a risk taker so has been hurting himself cruising around. Those childproof corner things don't work too well......Apparently, there is no set time between cruising and walking. Neighbour's baby who is younger than DS has been cruising for months. Is your DS walking?

i was also thinking about swimming lesson but I'll wait until the weather gets a bit warmer. It has been an unusual Oct. We only had a few warm days so far.
    DS birthday party was good. Not many people but a good number to accommodate all at home. We dont' have a big house.

Ya, i will have to ask childcare about the cow milk. I think they fed him cereal. I dont' think they gave him lactose free milk. If that's the case, i don't know why we try so hard at home. I know that they fed him normal yogurt but lactose is minimal in yogurt. We still have 2 tins and will probably wean him off a bit later. On the other hand, he seems to be weaning himself off.

No, he is still very picky about food. It has been very difficult to feed him. Even with finger food. We tend to give him something to play while spoon feeding him but he can still spit the food out and throw them off tray. Like tonight, he had a few bites of the pasta with homemade tomato sauce. Then, starting to spit it out. I knew that he didn't have enough for dinner so fed his favourite food (yogurt). Sigh.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies @Minib @Gelati @bbhope.... sorry have been a bit MIA... needed to step back from bubhub a little, life just got a bit busy (still is) and just needed to keep my head straight...

28 weeks on Sunday! She's a mover and a shaker thats for sure.... today had my follow up GTT... have a growth scan next week, and then we start talking some induction plans...

I had to go on BP meds as the BP started going a bit wacky, and thats now levelled out a bit better thank goodness...

Sorry i've been a bit lazy, havent really read through where you're all at! Planning first birthdays soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!!

Sorry I've been quiet too. Still adjusting to working full time and be a mum. I'm so tired!
    @Tanej78 so great to hear from you. Wow 3rd trimester now. How are you feeling?? How did the GTT test go? Oh sorry to hear about your BP. Is it all under control now? We are planning first birthday. Less than 2 months away. Can't believe how quick the year has gone.
    @bbhope the meningococcal strand B isn't part of the standard 12 month vaccine. If you want DS to have it, just ring up your GP and have it at least one week after the 12 month vac. Don't have it together. Our paed said it's too much otherwise. Give some panadol before the strand B vacc. DS will get a high fever. Very likely. That's from what I heard

Happy belated birthday to your DS. Hip hip hooray!

Is dh out of town right now?
    @bbhope what happens if you don't give him yoghurt and let him know not to be picky? Will his night sleep be interrupted if he's hungry?
    @Gelati has DS turned one yet? How's he going with the swimming class? Is he enjoying it?

My DD has been having cereal with her breakfast since she was 6 months old. Have you girls converted to cows milk yet? We haven't. Have two more tins of formula then cows milk. I will probably introduce a bottle a day to start with.

I'm not sure how to wean off bottle to sippy cup for the milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: glad to hear from you. Yes, we had the small party.
    @Minib: OK, i'll ask around the GP about the B strain when I have time. I need to focus on the single parenting first. Strange, I thought he was given the C strain for 12 months vax but the nurse didn't tick the box. Sigh....DS just went back to childcare this week. He caught the bug faster than we thought! He got the gastro straight away. We brought him to ED because he wound't stop vomiting. It was a long night. I'm now thinking to keep him at home while DH is gone. I don't need the extra stress. At this stage, it is a bit difficult to tell if the vax is starting to have an effect on him or getting worse with gastro. 12 months vax side effect normally kicks in on day 5--12.

I don't think they are old enough to understand if they don't get food, they can't have any other. He is eating fine at childcare so i don't know what the deal is!

Not yet doing cow milk but i am sure that daycare gave him that with cereal. Be right back.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope probably don't get the B strain until DH is home then. They need the second jab one month apart. I'm not sure how much it cost per jab. I think it's a couple of hundred bucks each.

Oh poor DS. Sometimes they can get gastro from vacc as well yeah. If you keep ds at home does that mean you aren't working? How long is dh away for?

I have also offered yoghurt cheese etc worried that DD didn't have enough dinner. But my sister said that's not a good idea. I am not sure what age they will learn if they don't eat they will be hungry. Maybe he likes to see other children eating. It's more fun. Do you eat while he's eating too?

Try the cows milk but maybe a small quantity warmed up to start with. Your DS tummy is sensitive so warming it up helps to break the protein.
    @Gelati have you substituted any bottle with cow milk yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: No, DS gastro has nothing to do with the vax. There is an outbreak at the daycare. I can't believe it......i came down with it as well yesterday. I was pretty much in bed and in pain yesterday. The vomit has stopped (is it?) because i stopped eating or drinking large amount. DS is on mend now. Yesterday tiredness might due to the vax. He slept pretty much the whole day and not interested in playing. Up for an hour and then went back down. I was getting very worried.

Yes, keeping him at home means that i will be on leave. I have a lot of work to do but it is just an extra stress at the moment. I'll see how he goes this week. It is advised not to be in contact in anyone at least 24 hrs after last diarrhea. Obviously, it is very contagious. I got it no matter how much i washed my hand afterward.........

I always feed DS a big bowl of food for dinner so he won't be hungry overnight. I am not concerned about over feeding him these days because he has become very fussy. Yes, i suspect it is him seeing other children eat. I don't eat together with him most of then time because we eat different food. I find it easier to get him fed, bath and bed then do our things.

I haven't had any plan to switch to whole cow milk until DS almost finishing his formula. With this gastro, lactose free is good for him. I am not sure how to make the transition but not in a rush. Likely to do the mix half and half again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was also an outbreak of gastro in Melbourne. I keep hearing people getting gastro. How are you guys feeling now @bbhope? Hopefully all good now.

I found DD will eat more when we eat together otherwise she gets bored easily too. But i must say she's a good eater. It's more milk she's starting to lose interest in but I'm not worried as she can drop to 2 bottles now if she wants to.

We have one run of formula left so will likely to start cows milk in 2-3 weeks. I would probably do half half too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Thanks goodness. It was over for me within 24 hrs. It came on badly but went away quickly. The diarrhea lasted a few days for DS. With other things going on, he was just a very unhappy baby. He might have hay fever. After giving two days of antihistamine, his stopped rubbing his eyes out and eased his cough completely. The wheeze is back.

I think childcare has spoiled him. It is the food....he would only eat certain food. Ya, DS is also up and down with the milk. I'm still keeping it up because he hates water.

Hat off to single mom. I don't know how they do it every day. I am exhausted. Sigh...got a devastated news at work. I don't know why i can't have a smooth sailing career. So sad right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry been MIA! Been so flat out organising DS's first birthday and stuff around the house. I'm also back 4 days at work. So busy! Working 1 day from home tho.
    @Minib- how are you finding full time work? must be soo busy. Any luck with finding a cleaner? DS's birthday went really well. We were so luck with the weather. I got a bit carried away and went all out with decorations, food etc. Was quite stressful on the day getting everything organised but it was worth it. We ended up with over 70 ppl and it was so lovely to celebrate. We haven't had a proper celebration since he was born. Can't believe we made it to 1 year! hehe. How are you going with DD's first birthday plans? are you having a big party?

No I've not transferred to cows milk yet. Will do it gradually as still have a few tins of formula left. MHN said he can now be on cows milk and to stop formula when we've finished up the tins. She also said we should start letting DS feed himself fully for all 3 meals. I said, half the time he just throws it around rather than eating a full meal and i'm worried he's not full. She said, he needs to know what hunger feels like. She said stop the snacks if he's not feeding himself his proper meals properly. She said 3 meals + 2 snacks is actually a lot of food. So i've risked it and i've stopped the 2 snacks and just let him feed himself fully. Man it's soo messy and i'm always worried he's not having enough to eat but so far he's been ok. Day 2 today and last night he was ok. I've started giving him yoghurt and fruit (his snack) after his main meal now. He too eats better if he's eating what we eat rather than his own food. MHN also said she wants us to move towards having milk with his meal rather than separate because it counts as food. She also says she wants us to move away from milk before bed cos it rots their teeth so milk with dinner. And no milk when he first wakes up, just up and have breakfast and milk with breakfast. Wow he feels like an adult! hahah. DS loves his swim lessons. He's such a dare devil and just jumps right into the water. He doesn't mind going under either. loves the water! Is DD in swim lessons now?
    Why do they not give the strain b at 1 year immunisation? Is it recommended to give it? I forgot to ask the MHN.
    @bbhope - happy birthday to ds! aw you guys just can't seem to get a break. Good to hear your gastro didn't last very long. Def something going around cos ds got a mild case but DH came down with it so hard. Luckily i didn't get it so I could look after everyone. What happened at work? Sorry to hear you are having a hard time at work. Parenting is stressful enough let alone having to worry about work too. Yes i have no idea how single mums do it. Especially those without grandparent help. It would be so hard. On a single income too. Super women!

Thanks for dropping by Tanej78 Sorry to hear about the BP but sounds like it is under control? Gosh it's really not long to go now cos Christmas is just around the corner! How did your GTT test go? Have you got a nice little bump now? Enjoy feeling those little kicks xx