+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: yes, DS eats really well at daycare according to them. I wonder if it is because he sees everyone eating so he eats or just becomes picky at home. I gave him chicken and some veges for lunch. No luck. He just threw them onto the floor before even tasting them. Then, i spoon fed him pasta etc (cut into small pieces), he was OK. Hmmm.....not much appetite lately. He is active so we aren't worried.

DS used to sleep from 7pm but we are pushing his night sleep later again. He has been waking up from his 2nd nap after 4:30pm. The other day 6pm! I don't know what's happening. He sleeps from 8pm to 6pm. 10 hrs but > 4hrs for nap so the total is still within the normal range. He slept a lot less than this when he was a newborn! Awake for 3 hrs is a bit pushing for him....this makes me worried because he is wheezing and might get tired sooner?

Yes, DS is very cheeky these days as well. A lot of fun now.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope we are also that kind of parents who plan things around our dd's routine. Unless it's a special occasion otherwise I don't see the point why I need to interrupt her sleep just to have a coffee somewhere. If we are taking a big drive somewhere then I'll put her in the car for her nap but otherwise I'll wait for her to wake up before we go out. I have one child and not a very busy lifestyle. So I figure I can work around DD. When I have a second child it might be a bit different. We don't go out to dinner much now. But I don't feel like I'm missing out much. I'm happiest I've ever been without all the busy social scenes.

I agree! I have run out of ideas to cook for DD. For us adults it's so easy. We are happy with the same food but I keep trying to introduce new flavour or ingredients so I kinda make it hard for myself lol. Have you tried making dumpling @bbhope? I buy the skin and for the filling I use chicken, prawn minced in the food processor until quite fine so easier to eat. I also add ginger, cabbage and coriander. No seasoning for the little one. And I boiled the dumpling. If you want seasoning for DS just add some sesame oil and maybe a very very tiny bit of salt maybe. I've made the dumpling skin before baby and it took me hours to roll the individual dough. Not doing that anymore. But with the store bought pastry it's not too bad. Make a big batch and freeze them. When you come home from work just boil them and some veggies and that's a meal.

DH cooks on Sunday night. We tend to have Sunday night roast.
    @Gelati 2 naps. Sometimes I worry if it interrupts her night sleep but so far so good. But seriously today DD doesn't like milk, food or sleep. I don't know if it's the daylight saving but only wants to play and learn to stand. Sleep, milk and food seem so overrated for her today. She went to bed at 9 pm tonight.

Oh lol I thought you might have watched the GF. I am not crazy about footy but I enjoy it. DH loves it! He loves it a lot! What a waste when you have someone on the board of hawthorn. Hawthorn has done well in the last few years

I don't cook that much during the week. It's mainly on weekends when I have more time to experiment things. How do you make chicken stock paste? That seems like a better way to freeze as less volume. The breadcrumbs is easy. Just sourdough pieces into the food processor until quite fine then add Parmesan and fresh parsley. So yummy. How do you make pasta bake without anything from the jar? When DH cooks pasta bake he will use sauce from the jar and I'm not that keen to give it to DD.

Haha my DD knows when mum said 'love' she would lean her head on mum. So special.

I never had really bad sleep deprivation that went on for months. And I still dread he newborn days of no sleep. Although I'd like to think the second time is less stressful hopefully. At least I should know better that things will be ok and I won't hurt the baby.
    @Gelati your DS must have lots of fun playing with you! I can't wait when DD can walk so I can see those tiny legs running lol. @Tanej78 haven't heard from you for a long time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope oh what a naughty ds hehe. Does he wake up screaming in hunger? Ds loved his pasta bake today ate it all up but because it has salt in it and flavour I can see why. I didn't put any sauce in the blender and put a bit of the pasta water in there just to neutralise the flavour a bit. My pasta bake has bacon in it but I tried to fish out the bacon pieces tho a few were still in there. Can't hurt once in awhile right? Lol.
    Wow that's a late nap time. But it doesn't seem to affect his night sleep so go with it I say. Ds doesn't nap past 4pm otherwise it affects his night time sleep. When his sick I let him sleep as much as he wants tho.

@Minib - oh dumplings is a great idea. I might try that! The chicken stock paste is a recipe from the thermomix and t actually lasts 2 months in the fridge. But it doesn't taste anything as good as real chicken stock. But I just end up using it as a substitute for salt really. Here is a link to the recipe:

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/basics-recipes/chicken-stock-paste/74212

For the pasta bake I just add cream and the juices from the veggie and meat is enough I don't feel the need to add stock or sauce. Ds loved it but because it has bacon and salt I will only give it to him once in awhile.
    You're lucky you didn't have too hard a time with dd. Ds was def not an easy baby. Big crier! But also exclusively breastfeeding for the first three months also made it difficult for me as I kept facing issues with mastitis etc. no good! But yes hopefully the second will be easier as you know what you are doing.
    I agree never been happier. Don't miss my old social life. Not yet anyways! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @Minib 9 pm is a late one. Maybe she's still buzzing from your party yesterday. Heheh. Ds went to sleep at 7:40 today. Protested a bit but once I put him in his cot he was out like a light. Slowly transitioning to a 7 pm sleep although 7:30 works well for us on a working night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, we are not the only minority parents who go around DS schedule then. We didn't follow at several occasions too. We reckon all my local friends would just focus on their own family activities so we wouldn't miss much once we moved far out from the city. We weren't big social people before DS so don't feel like missing much. I just envy that my friend who makes a lot of efforts to build up the social network get to have friends/other moms to help out every so often so she and her husband get to have some time off! And us not have a single time out without DS since he was born. Well, DH thinks that we just have to be patience. Anyway, my friend and i used to be close but not as much anymore because I just can't be bother fitting her schedule and she isn't even willing to travel a bit even i offered to meet half way.
    @Minib: I used to make wonton using the wrapper. It is quite a lot of work but can keep in the freezer. However, i haven't found a wrapper that tastes good here in Australia. All yellowish and "glueish". I reckon it is the difference between tapioca and flour wrapper. The one I used in the US tasted very good. I don't know how to make dumpling, though. I guess DS will taste his first dumpling at the yum cha place. DS loves quiche but i don't make from scratch so the frozen pastry can't be healthy either. I reckon a bit of salt and seasoning every now and then is OK.

The food fight continue. DS would only have banana and rice cracker (ya, more of this!) for lunch today. I had to force him to eat the breakfast.......Last night, just a few bites on the pasta That's it. Then saw DH eating yogurt and demanded that. DH didn't want to give it to him because he didn't have his dinner. I gave in and gave him that. I didn't want to feed him in the middle of the night! Sigh...already know how to manipulate us.
    @Gelati: yes, DS cried for hunger after waking up BUT refused to drink his milk. Not sure if it is a phase.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh I feel for you. Not one break from ds. We all need our space. To be honest I have very close friends who live here but even then I couldn't ask them to look after ds as they are busy with their own families. I suppose I would if I were deperate but I don't think I could. We only get time off cos my mum can look after him and second choice is father in law or brother in law. So I can see how you would struggle. I have one friend maybe I would ask but she lives in London. She flew all the way here to visit me after having ds and she cooked for me the whole week and looked after me. The only reason I would ask her is because she wants to and volunteers but also because she is single with no kids so has the time. I just couldn't ask my other friends with kids. They are all just too busy and have their families to help it with their kids.

Oh what a naughty little boy. He sounds like he's developed into a fussy eater. Maybe put some soy sauce or salt on the food. Would he eat it then? Ds has always loved his milk so I can't help you with that one. Hopefully when ds is hungry enough he will eat. But getting up at night to feed isn't ideal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: as far as i know, my friend just rotates the duty with other moms. I was a moderate social person. I like coffee/tea time with friends. No, more like teatime with DS. LOL. My friends with kids don't have time for coffee/tea anymore these days anyway. I met maybe once or twice a year now. After i got back to work, i actually didn't feel the need to have more outing.

To me, it is a big favor to ask friends to babysit. There is a lot of trust. One friend offered it without us asking because she knew that i was going insane in those early days. DS was very difficult and even us couldn't handle him well so it would be a bad idea. Anyway, she doesn't live close by. I think we could just take a day off when DS is at daycare.........but so far, we have been taking time off just to take care of DS being out sick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - let's hope colds and flu are behind us and then you can have some time to yourself or dh when ds is in Childcare.

It's def a lot to ask for someone to babysit. But if you have a roster where friends take turns I can see how that would work. Although I don't know if I'm ready to look after more than one at a time right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: did u say that meningococcal B vaccine is not on schedule?
    @Gelati: luckily DH reminded me to book for 12 months vaccination. Just remind u to do that for DS.

What's you ladies plan for weaning the bottle? I mean transitioning into using cup or sippy. We still have 2 tins of formula but DS is weaning himself off formula. That's fine. He hasn't been drinking much lately at all and is just wasting it. DS has been so picky with food lately...... he has been off Childcare for 3 weeks now. He has recovered. But I think once he is back, he will be sick in no time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: ya, one DS is enough for me. Can't imagine taking care of two!!!