+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope hang on to the cleaner. Hard to find good one. Maybe tell your DH to clean for a few weeks in a row then he can decide if he still wants to do it. Otherwise he really doesn't have a lot of say.

Mandarin is a lot smaller than orange though? She can but most of the time she prefers to squeeze it and smiled as the juice dripped.

Do you get him the golden kiwifruit? It normally taste sweeter.

Haha sounds like your DS will walk soon I reckon. If he can stand without any assistance he's not far off.
    @Gelati DD didn't have breakfast today. She decided weetbix, banana and even cheesy toast didn't cut it for her. She cracked it and decided she wanted to sleep instead. Was worried that it would be another grumpy DD day but we were having a little party for the grand final and DD was so happy. She ate 2 chicken fingers, some broccoli some carrot and cauliflower. Followed by some papaya and apple. Then she was just happy playing with the bigger kids. At 3 pm, the bigger kids were having blueberries so my DD decided she liked blueberries again. She had about 8 of them lol. She didn't want to sleep though. When they left at 3.30 pm that's why she realised she was so tired and slept for an hour.

Haha I can imagine what your son Did. Sometimes you just have to shove that first spoon in so they can taste it. Otherwise they just won't try it. His face would have been so funny when he realised it was yoghurt and banana.

Rice cracker!!! @bbhope my daughter loves it too. I've tried it myself. It's quite nice yeah.
    @bbhope my DD pretty much won't sleep in the pram at all now. So if we are out she won't sleep oh well luckily she's up for longer time now.

If you can't take time off then don't stress. First birthday is for the parents anyway. As long as you guys spend time as a family to celebrate.
    @Gelati her current fav food is Italian chicken casserole lol. I cooked that tonight and she smashed it. She made this 'mmm mmm' sound as she was eating it lol. She loves gnawing on the drumstick too. At least she will be an expert with chicken drumstick when I introduce her to KFC one day. When she's 20! Lol.

Ah yes! Can't have a long meal at a restaurant now. She won't sit still. So pretty much eat then go somewhere she can crawl lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - how much does dd nap now? Oh that's good that she's back on the blueberries. Wow Italian casserole, she gets fancy food now! I still cook ds's food separately and don't put in flavour. He seems to be very interested in new flavours tho. I gave him some curry and some other Asian flavours and he loved it. Maybe I'll give him some pasta bake but I'm worried about giving him too much cream and oil/butter.

Sounds like dd had a lovely day. Were you guys going for the doggies?

Ds has never slept in the pram since we changed from the bassinet but he can only stay up 3-4 hrs. Today I tried to keep him awake in the car seat but nothing would keep his eyes open they were literally rolling into the back of his head. Haha so funny. Then he stayed asleep all the way to his cot. He was super tired cos he only slept 40min in the morning cos he was hungry. Yep he was screaming with tears the whole thing but as soon as he tasted the yoghurt crying stopped straight away. It's all an act! Daylight savings tmr wonder how ds will go with the change?

Ds has been so easy to handle lately now that he's sleeping through the night that I'm thinking I would like another Bub. Hahaaa! But then I read this article about a newborn and lack of sleep and it brought back those memories so maybe not lol. When are you guys trying again minib?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - dd is so cute making that noise with the food. Ds smiles and giggles when he gets food he loves. Then he claps his hands. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati my DD has no interest to learn clapping. She knows how to high five but won't learn clapping.

I don't cook with seasoning now until I serve it for DH and I. For the chicken casserole it has a little bit of oil so I could fry the onion garlic and chicken drumstick. Then I add potato, carrot and zucchini, a bit of plain flour, homemade chicken stock and a couple tablespoon of tomato paste. I suppose tomato paste has some seasoning. I served it with steam rice tonight. When I cook cheesy pasta I stir fry some garlic, carrot, zucchini, broccoli, then add salmon pieces with some milk/water and cheese. I usually use risoni for the pasta. I've made her mac and cheese which she loves but it has a bit of cream and butter so I haven't made it again. I even made my own breadcrumb lol.

When we go out for brunch she and I would share scrambled eggs, avocado, spinach and mushroom on toast. Sometimes I worry if I've introduced too much salt in her diet. But I tell myself it's not like we are eating out everyday. I don't know. Most of her meal are homemade with no extra seasoning but we do use oil for stir fry etc.

She naps about 3-4 hours a day now. A couple times she would nap for close to 5 hours. She seems to have longer sleep at mums.

Going for the doggies today. So good to see them win. And I loved loved when the coach gave bob murphy his medal. Brought tears to my eyes. My DD couldn't believe the tv was on so much today. She doesn't get TV time normally. Must be like Christmas for her today haha.

Haha your DS would have been so sleepy. Does he normally transfer well from car to cot? I know. I was hoping to put DD to bed earlier tonight but she didn't go to bed until 7.45 which means it's 8.45 pm. Wonder if she will wake up her normal time or 'sleep in'. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Haha come on! Have a second Bub. Oh awesome. Didn't know he's sleeping through almost every night now. That's great! Oh yes we were talking about it last night. Today is my first day of AF. Cycle of 30 days. Couldn't believe it! Like a perfect cycle lol. Anyway we aren't trying this month. But will do next cycle. Eeeeksss!!! So mid November basically. My biggest fear is the morning sickness right now. I hated the MS feel but obviously love the pregnancy. So the plan is trying naturally for 2-3 cycles then back on the IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was just going to tell you girls about our TTC plan. Can't believe it's finally time again. We've always said we will try end of the year. But it seems like I just gave birth not long ago. And I stil have that stupid 5kgs that I can't lose!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yay!!! Trying naturally first well good luck! You never know. Soo excited for you Hun! Ohh haha nah I'm not ready yet but just thought it cos the last month ds has been sleeping through. And it's so much easier. It's really just the sleep deprivation that makes newborn days soo hard!! But maybe I'll try naturally come the new year 😝😝

I actually have no idea what you just said, i have no interest in footy to be honest. Even tho we have immediate family on the board of the hawthorn footy club! Hahah. Soo wasted on me but dh is a big footy fan.

I'm so impressed with your cooking efforts. And you're working full time! How do you have any spare time to chill?? I haven't made homemade chicken stock since I've had ds. I used to make homemade chicken stock paste so maybe I'll do that again. How do you make home made bread crumb? I think dd should be fine. Sounds like you give her a good balance ok I'm gonna give ds some pasta bake this week! But I'm not worried about ds not being adventurous with food. He loves anything new!

Oh at least dd knows high five. Ds doesn't really get it when I say the words. The only words he understand is kiss and no. Lol. The last few days he knows to wave hello and goodbye but I don't think he understands what it means. Just copies us when we wave. I've been trying to teach him his nose and mouth but no luck so far haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yeh morning sickness was crap. But at least you know now it won't be forever. And yeh I hear you about the weight. I haven't had luck even with the gym cos now I just get more hungry and eat more. Ha!

Oh dd naps heaps! Is that one long nap or two? Ds naps between 2.5- 3 hrs per day.
    Last edited by Gelati; 01-10-2016 at 22:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much to catch up. See if I can get it right with DS with me this morning. Can u ladies believe that we have been on here for more than a year now? More like our priv thread. Wondering how @Tanej78 is doing.
    @Minib: yes we bought golden kiwi. it took 3 months to ripe when we had it last time!!! We wasn't tasting as good so we stopped buying.

Good effort. I Think DS is getting bored with his food at home. We make his food separately. Maybe only once or twice eating with us. I don't know how u do it. Cooking is so much effort and have to come up ideas. Our food isn't necessary suitable for DS. Daycare feeds him all sort of things so we can only do as much. I am the only one cooking at home as well. I will have to try making he chicken or fish finger again.

That sounds like a good 2nd bub plan. Hahahaa....DS has gotten so much easier now than 6 months ago. Difficult baby. I want to enjoy this moment as long as I could. DH feels the same. Of course, we have other reasons not wanting to have a second as well. The idea of sleep deprivation and a possible another crying baby scare the hell out of us.
    Last edited by bbhope; 02-10-2016 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh....i think DS is still far from walking. He only did the no support for a few seconds. Also, only did it when he wanted to show off. LOL. We haven't let DS sleep in the pram for a while now because we always go out right after his first nap and returns 3--4 hrs later. 3 hrs is considered long for him. 4 hrs is pushing and will start to get very grumpy. We are one of those parents who go with his schedule most of the time. Some of my friends say that parenthood doesn't work if we always work around the baby. Ya i envy them sometime for being able to do more but DH just said that we would get there. Every baby is different. Working around his sleeping schedule makes him happy and less stress for us.
    @Minib: High five? That's good. DS only knows how to clap. He doesn't know how to wave hello and goodbye, though.
    @Gelati: how long does DS sleep at night? I reckon 12--15 hrs in total is normal? DS is napping way too much during the day and is starting to make his night sleep shorter. I don't like to wake him up so don't know what to do about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope haha he wants to show off that's so cute!! He wants to make you guys proud. Our little ones are sure growing up fast! Ds now likes to run away from me to engage me in tiggy/catch. So if he sees me going for him he squeals with laughter and furniture surfs the other way or crawls the other way looking back to see if I'm close. Haha so much fun!

Oh we are the same we work around ds nap. Whatever is best for him at this age is what I go by. But I know that doesn't work for all parents. Each to their own I say. If it's a special occasion then I will make an exception and ds can nap in the car.

im actually making ds food separately now cos it's easier to spoon feed him as he's naughty with self feeding now. So I only let him self feed as play after I've fed him his proper meal. Tonight I'm going to give him some of our pasta bake. I'll still blend it once tho and spoon feed him. Childcare gives him all sorts of flavours. Maybe that's what has made him so fussy as an eater? Used to flavour now. He eats really well at Childcare. Always more than 1 serving.

Ds sleeps from about 7 to 6:30 overnight. Pretty Good. How long does ds sleep? If he's still sleeping a decent stretch overnight maybe he needs the sleep?

Yes @Tanej78 how are you travelling? Almost third trimester!