Closed Thread
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    SOS book has this rough guidelines for 10 week old baby until they start solid.

7 am wake and feed
    9 am sleep
    11 am feed
    1 pm sleep
    3 pm wake and feed
    This one baby can stay awake or nap. Not as important according to the book
    4.30 pm nap
    5.15 wake, bath
    6.30 feed
    7 pm bed
    10.30 pm dream feed

Well my schedule doesn't look like that at all lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our feed schedule is in line with the SOS book, except i don't do dream feed. We are in bed by 9pm these days and just hope he can sleep until 2am which gives us a long stretch of sleep. Nap is always all over so no schedule on that. DS woke up 4 times last night with only one feed at midnight. I think his reflux is acting up again.
    @Gelati; hope your DS feel better today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - no way my schedule looks like that. 4 hrs between feeds is too hard. I can do
    3.5 hrs but at night he's starving by 2.5-3hrs. His last two feeds are usually cluster feeds (assuming he is in his normal routine, yesterday's routine went to crap because he wouldn't sleep) wow so if they don't do that afternoon nap they are up for 4 hrs? And even if they do they are up for 2.5hrs? No way ds could do that at 10weeks.

Sounds like dd will be rolling before you know it! Some days I feel like ds is so close to rolling on his tummy but then others I feel like he's not even close! He is reaching out and grabbing toys now and he also reached out and spins this toy rattle thing. One of the milestones is reacting to their name. Really? This early? No way ds is quite that advanced.

@bbhope wow 4 times a night? That's really tough. I can't believe ds can sleep at 7pm. Our boy follows the sun. I can't get him to sleep any earlier than 8pm and I don't even know how I do it. He just randomly sometimes sleeps at 8 but mostly 9-10pm which I know is too late for a baby. He follows the sun, only sleeps when it's pitch black. Then he sleeps to about 9-10am with 1-2 wakes. So he is late sleeper and late riser. I would prefer 8pm - 8am. Ds has been good today. He slept 10;30 - 3:30 then 4:30 - 10 and then slept 1.5-2hr naps all day. Must have been tired from yesterday. Not sure if the side effects from the vaccine are over or not now or if there is worse to come. I'll keep an eye out for it. He certainly isn't more sleepy like when he got his 6 week shots. And no fever yet.

I wouldn't mind if ds catnaps during the day if he's happy but he is so grumpy if he catnaps and always sooks and cries. And then when you hold him he wriggles and sooks as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy to start at 7.30 am. That extra 30 mins sleep is so good! Lol. But it also means I can get up at 7 am to have my breakfast first.

We didn't do dream feed last night. She was too cranky the whole day. Overtired, tummy ache and didn't sleep properly. She slept from 8-5 without dream feed lol. But tonight we will give dream feed a go again and see how the night pans out.
    @Gelati my DD's room is quite dark. The blinds didn't do a great job. So I have 2 big cardboard boxes cut out to block sunlight. By about 7.30 pm her room is quite dark so she can start her night sleep. But don't worry it will be dark by 6 pm soon lol. Imagine if we have winter baby and have to get up all the time to feed and change. Yikes. So cold!

I also find every 4 hours can be hard because she doesn't have long sleep. When she does, 4 hours is ok. I also try to have 5 feeds by 7.30 pm hoping she can last the whole night. But we always end up with 6 feeds in 24 hours because of the 4 am feed.

I'm not sure if DD react to her name yet. But she def reacts to my voice. She follows it. She's so chatty. Every night when DH comes home they will have a long chat. It's almost like she's telling him about her day. All I hear is this cooing sound lol. So cute. It gives me time to cook and them to bond.
    @bbhope 4 times?? Poor thing. You didn't get any sleep. And have to work. Must be so tired!

I'm not looking forward to the 4 month jab at all. She was sleepy after the 6 week jab but it sounds like it might be different effect this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh today's schedule

8 am wake feed
    Play
    9.30 am sleep
    11 am wake and feed
    12.30 pm sleep
    1.10 pm wake. One sleep cycle. Cried. I resettled her and it worked! Got lucky.
    Sleep again
    2 pm wake and feed
    Play
    3.45 pm sleep
    4.30 wake and feed
    6.10 pm sleep
    6.50 pm wake
    No feed. Play with daddy for 20 mins.
    Then down time on the mat on her own for 10 mins
    7.30 pm feed
    Bed 8 pm

She is so much happier this afternoon after a good sleep in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually, no way DS will be on that schedule at 10w. He needs more feed than that.

I think DS can be down by 7--8pm because he didn't get enough nap during the day. He is so tired, grumpy by the end of the day. I can't do much for the nap. He normally wakes around 5--6am. We normally can convince him back to sleep until 7am. We dont get to interact with him much on working day. We are home at 6pm and leave the house by 8am.

DS reduced his cooing, chatting thing for a while now. He did that a lot when he first discovered his voice. Luckily, he stopped his screaming as well. He did that when he discovered his scream. LOL. Now, more squeaky.

Well, when I work, DH is on night shift. Vice versa. 4x last night was exhausting. But he dozed off quickly and only needed one feed. As i mentioned, I am still grateful that he sleeps at night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib that looks like a great routine and you are lucky you can resettle dd. With ds if he does a catnap lately he won't go back to sleep without a feed so instead he just stays up until it's time to feed him so he's sometimes up for 2.5 hrs!

Aw dd is so cute. I love when they talk.

@bbhope 4 times is crazy. But yes at least he is sleeping. Same with ds. He is not as talkative lately but also not screaming so much anymore either (thank god)! I heard boys can only do one thing at a time. Haha. Maybe ds is putting all his effort into turning.

Ds slept 8.5 hrs straight last night and then another 3 hrs this morning. Then 40min and now 2.5 hrs! Must be having some good days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I come to appreciate more for DS night sleep due to him not napping during the day. He isn't a textbook case. His pattern changes all the time so I will jut wait and see. you ladies are lucky with that DS/DD who sleeps during the day and night most of the time.

For us, things just go in cycle. Just when you think his night sleep has improved, something is messing it up again. I thought mon and tues nights were horrible. That's due to teething pain. DH didn't get any sleep last night despite DS "slept through the night". I am back to work today. DS has slept through the night without a feed for a few times now. Every now and then. Hmm always on DH watch. I wonder if he just refuses o feed him (I doubt it...we know DS quite well when he wants a feed). His sleep always over rule his feed. I quoted because there is always interruption. Not a real sleeping through the night. We just put the pacifier in. Most of the time, just gas and reflux. he wants comfort.

What's up with last night?! He is practicing rolling!!!! He is consistently rolling from the front to tummy since yesterday. Funny is that from the left side. He can't do the right side just yet. DH has to flip him back all the time. he has to watch him at all time so he doesn't suffocate himself.He is now spreading his arms wide while on tummy and can't lift his head up long anymore. Legs also up in The air like swimming. He used to have his arms closer to chest and lift his head well. No idea why he is doing the swimming style now.

That says we cannot use ltd anymore. It restricts his motion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard to be a working mum. Or dad. I'm already thinking I will have so little time with her when I go back to work. If money isn't an issue, I'd like to work half day daily so i could still have 4 hours of play with her before dinner and bed.

Will you look into sleep training again @bbhope? It's good that you get some sleep but still sounds quite tiring!

Although I told my husband tonight, for the last 12 weeks I don't think I've had longer than 5 hours sleep in one stretch. Have to express. If I don't express we won't have any EBM for top up during the day.
    @Gelati when you try to resettle him, do you look at him? Avoid eye contact as otherwise he thinks it's play time. But maybe your son just doesn't need that much sleep during the day.

Don't want to jinx myself but last night she slept from 7.45-6 with a dream feed at 10.30. No pattern here yet. Could be a one off. Will let you know how dream feed goes in a few days.
    @bbhope I bought an organiser for the pram. It's not good for coffee cup. It's good for water bottle, keys and mobile phone but too unstabile for coffee cup so will return it. I just went to Kmart to buy a universal bottle holder $8 hopefully this does the job.

I am so upset!!! Yesterday I noticed my milk supply reduced by about 30%. I expressed a few times and noticed it. I think it's because I missed 2 x 2 am pump. So upset!! I'm not ready to let go. So I have been eating oats for the last 2 days. I actually like it! I drink plenty of water today, plenty of fruit, back on motilium and pumping like crazy again. I really want to continue BF!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg he's rolling! @bbhope better start watching him in case he can't roll back himself.