Closed Thread
Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - it's not ideal to need to work after dd goes to sleep. I can't function if I need to do that plus look after ds, do chores, cook etc. that's just too much. If my work required me to work weekends and nighttime I would most likely find another job because it would make me really unhappy. That's me though. I know a lot of mothers who say they work at night and weekends and seem fine with it. I just know I couldn't do it. Maybe if I had a cleaner and didn't need to do any cleaning at all I could maybe do it. But I like my nights work free and weekends to be family time.

Ds had a bad cold this time round and resulted in minor gastro. He was still a little unwell after 5 days when he'd normally be better (still had yellow snot) so I went to see the gp but no ear infection or lung infection. And as per usual the next day he was well on the mend and today he's pretty much back to normal. Oh well better safe than sorry.

That's great dd is feeding herself! Yeh it's so messy! Do you use the ikea smock? Ds has become lazy in the last few weeks. When I let him feed himself he doesn't really feed but more plays with it and throws it around everywhere. Lately he's been feeding it to the dog 😓😂 so I'm back to feeding him with him feeding himself snacks after I've fed him his meal. He's recently started feeding himself his bottle which is quite handy hehe.

@bbhope I'm going to look into this book. Sounds interesting and many first birthdays coming up.

Oh poor thing. It really is so relentless. We've gotten through our first winter tho so yay for us! Hopefully next winter will be more mild. This time was bad for us. I got it mildly but dh was knocked out and had bad vomiting and gastro. He is still unwell after a week. It was bad for ds too but he took it pretty well. He had a bloody nose when he woke up
    In the morning tho. Twice. It looked pretty scary but he seemed ok so I googled it and apparently it's quite common for babies as they have sensitive capillaries.

As for chores, if dh can't do anymore and you find its too much then should look into getting some help. Could you clean less? We only vacuum and mop once a week. And we have a big dog. I used to be anal about cleaning but I've really relaxed about it now. Dirt and mess is good for ds. It's def nowhere close as dirty at home as it is at Childcare. Having said that I won't go more than a week without mopping and vacuuming and a full clean of the kitchen. I guess everyone has their own limits. But when I think about how much I do to keep a clean house I really think if it's worth it. Dirt doesn't hurt ds and it's not like I'll be on my death bed and go, dam I wish I had cleaned more or have a cleaner house.

I've asked to go back 4 days now but before I do I need to find a good cleaner. It's such a mission so hard to find. But yeh no more cleaning for us if I go back 4 days. Cooking and washing dishes and cooking for ds is enough chores when we are both working so much. Would love to save more money but family time is more important. You can never have enough money 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I found that you can get 15% off using this link from couponsock.com for the lost my name book if you're interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati I tried googled for the link but can't find it. Can you please PM us the link? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

Those r the referral links. I asked DH to use my referral link to buy DS book. Then it is 15 percent discount. And I get 1 referral ticked. With 3 referrals who buy the book, I get an alphabet from them for free (for DS). I can always send u a link @Minib if you want. But certainly understand if u just want someone else link online.

I haven't paid full price so far because my friends have the referral for me to use each time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ok. If it's the referral link, I'll create my own account so I can get the free alphabet book. I have to buy 3 books anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope are you feeling better? I think antibiotic is a good idea. I know it's not good to take it regularly but sometimes you need it so the illness doesn't linger around.

Do you clean everyday @bbhope? Maybe try not to clean every room if it's not used a lot. What's your cleaning routine?

I don't think saving money but then feel stressed about not having time is worth it. I would rather spend the money.

I'm the same as @Gelati I don't mop the floor daily. I probably could but I can't be bothered. I clean the kitchen daily. I do washing every second day. But that's easy. Folding clothes doesn't take long either and I do it with DD. Well I fold clothes she just throw everything around. I start vacuum in front of her now so she can follow me around. I mop the house once a week when she's having a nap. Washed toilets, shower and bathroom once a week. Dusted once a week. I don't work on Fridays so I try to clean but when I'm back at work full time I'm not sure when I can clean. I realise I need to have the cleaner weekly as I can't stand if it's fortnightly. Bummer. I am not super anal re cleaning though. The house is clean enough lol.
    @Gelati I need to do the same and not work outside of working hours. I'm going to make it clear so no one expects any answer outside of business hours.

Poor DS is he fully recovered now @Gelati?

Yeah we use IKEA smock but sometimes I forget. Doh! I am going to see if she can pick up pea. That would be a good test. Or sultana. So far she can pick up things up to the size of a small blueberry or raspberry. But she doesn't always use thumb and index finger only. So sometimes she will eat the raspberry along with her whole fist lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yes I think it's the referral link. Have you received your book for dd? Do you like it?

That's a lot of cleaning minib. I only do the shower every second week. I don't clean the kitchen daily either. Just a quick wipe of the benchtop. I should probably disinfect the sink daily tho but I'm too lazy. It takes me 40min to do a full clean of the kitchen so I do that on my day off. I'm usually out for my other day off and I chill out at home when ds naps. I don't normally do any cleaning. Then on the weekend I will mop and dh vacuum and I cook a couple of days worth of dinner. Toilets and laundry and bathroom sink I just do in between on any other day. I don't know how you could do mopping everyday, that would be impossible for me. Today I didn't sit down until 9:30om and that's because I did the mopping after dinner. If I had to do that every night I would burn out.
    So yeh def getting a cleaner. All that time cleaning and instead I could be baking or going to the gym or spending time playing with ds.

At least dd is getting better with feeding herself. Ds does that too, whole palm in the mouth stuffing all the food in. But he can pick up small pieces of food too, your daughter will get there. Does your daughter know words yet? If you say where's dada will she point to dad? Ds still doesn't know words. The only thing he knows is kiss, I say kiss? And he gives me a kiss. But he still doesn't know mamma and daddy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: That's a lot of cleaning for you. I don't clean every day. I am just lazy or too exhausted to do it! Laundry is every other day now as well. The laundry will start to pile up if bad weather. We do't have enough rack. I used to vacuum every few days given that we have a robot. But now, DS just wants to play with it so the robot cant do its job. I brought out the vacuum cleaner and he just pulled the cable etc. Grr.......can't do any floor cleaning when he is up. I dont like to make a lot of noise when he is napping. Also, I just want down time sometime as well. i just clean the toilet etc whenever i see it dirty. Like gelati, i could spend 30 mins cleaning the kitchen if i picky about it. LOL.

On the working day, i just want to crash after getting DS to bed. On weekend, i will do a big batch cooking for DS (put them into the freezer). If the weather is good, we want to bring him out. When i am not working on weekdays, i bring him to playgroup, eating lunch at the cafe etc. So you can see my priority. Cleaning isn't one at the moment. Cooking is even a chore for me now. LOL. I thought after i got married, i would have someone to share the cooking duty! Nope.

Yes, definitely getting an account so you can start collecting referral.
    @Gelati: DS doesn't know to say anything meaningful just yet. He started saying dada a week or two ago. DS sort of understands "no" in DH language but not in my language. Hahah...he doesn't always stop doing it even we say NO. He knows how to pass thing to me when i have my hand out and ask for it. He just does that few days ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I must have made it look like I clean more than I do. The daily kitchen clean doesn't take me long. Maybe I didn't do a thorough clean lol. I clean the bench, stove, sink and spot clean the floor.

I do that while DH feeds little one bottle and put her to sleep. So if I time it correctly we are able to sit down for tv after she goes to bed.

On my day off, I could easily sit on the couch the whole day when dd naps. Bugger the cleaning. I need me time to recharge. I can watch junk tv show while having a cuppa.

My DH helps out if I don't get cleaning done during the week. Like this weekend, he vacuumed, mop while I cleaned bathrooms and dusted.

Haha yeah the daily mopping has come to mind but nah a bit of dust won't kill anyone. It will make us all stronger. This is another reason not to get a big house. More cleaning. Not fun. I can't say I love cleaning. I would prefer not do it.

I don't think DD knows words yet. If I say kiss, love she would lean her head towards mine as a sign of affection. She says dada mama but could be randomly so I don't think she really knows it.
    @bbhope I heard babies can be confused with multi languages spoken at home. My DD is exposed to 3 languages so I think she's a bit confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: oh...i think i have recovered now but i still cough occasionally. Have you recovered with the antibiotic too? DS has just gone back to childcare this week and he started coughing again yesterday. His cheek is very red. Party teething, partly eczema. Lotion doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it is a sign of allergy. Also, does DD like to rub her face while eating? DS does that all the time and it is so messy. Rubbing his eyes is the worst!!!

I have been working a lot in the last two weeks. Then, I started working last weekend, my day off and night. I am NOT very happy at the moment. My colleague came to my office on friday and i had to leave so just said i would work this weekend. and the response was "good". It is driving me nut. We have a deadline in a few days and he keeps sending me ideas rather than focusing in answering the key points that we need for the report! OK...stop complaining. DS is sleeping now. I'll have to work again. I kinda feel like dropping the bomb to have my colleague finishes the rest at this point........grr...have to work on my day off again tomorrow and tuesday. The up side is that we have found a cleaner who will come tomorrow.