+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib aw poor little thing. Antibiotics must not taste very nice. Ear infection is so common. How many times a day do you give it? How did you know she had an ear infection?

Yeh I agree treat the symptom. We gave him Panadol twice yesterday. When it was 38.6 but only when he was looking a bit out of it, gave him Panadol and he fell asleep in our arms after only being up for less than 2 hrs. Second time was just before bed. Temp was again around 38.4 and I wanted him to have a good nights sleep. I feel sleep is so important for him to get well if all we're giving him is Panadol and he has no immune system. Today he's down to 75.5 but he's been a bit fussy during the day. Even still I haven't given him any Panadol.

Morning tea with close family will be nice. Three months is ages. Will you be doing a smash cake session? We thought about it but thot with the party it was too much.

I'm thinking of going back 4 days. Feel like I'm doing 5 days of work but only getting paid for 3 days. Not worth it. Let us know how you go with full time minib

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - ds is fussy on the change table when he's sick too. Just moans and cries I feel bad for him. I try to show him that I sympathise and just do the nappy as fast as I can and when it's over give him a big cuddle and say well done you did great. Being sick is so hard on the little ones.

I no longer use the vaporiser either. Feel like it's useless.

Wow 16 that's crazy. Would be manic and also higher chance of getting sick with so many babies. Our nursery is only 8 babies but the next age group is 12. Thy will probably move ds up in February.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Will catch up later. DS had 39+ fever before. Quite high. Normally, nurofen is the one that breaks it so I think there is inflammation somewhere. DS has never like to be on the change table.

First cc, 12 babies in one room. 0--12 months only. Current cc, 8 babies per room, although babies move from one to the other often. Like doing the morning tea all in one room. DS room carers come early and leave late one week and vice versa. 0-12 months. A lot of shared care between the two rooms. each room has an extra educator to help during meal time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I took her to the doctor on day 4 of her cold. Mum insisted me to do it. Lucky I did. Doctor said it had turned into an ear infection because she couldn't drain the sinusitis properly. The antibiotic is twice a day. She had it for a week and all good now.

I agree. Sleep is most important. If a dose of Panadol can help them to sleep better when sick, I think it's ok. I would do the same.

Don't think we will do smash the cake. Never really interest me.

Yeah that's the thing. Working part time is hard because we end up doing a lot more. Today is my day off and when DD was sleeping, I worked. 4 days is also hard as its almost full time so people expect you to finish a full time workload. Have you got work mobile? Do you check email during day off? I do. Bad habit.

Oh @Gelati you are so good! I don't think I say well done after a nappy change lol. I do cuddle, kiss and say I love you.

I think kids take being sick much better than men! Lol.

8-12 in a room is ok. But ideally nursery should be 8 max. So @Gelati your cc has nursery up to 1 year old then the next room is 1-2 year old?

What age is your DS's room @bbhope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - oh lucky you went to the gp. I wonder if I would miss an ear infection if I don't go to the gp?

Giving cuddles and saying I love you is the same thing

Oh really? I like the idea of smash cake, but especially so for ds cos he loves his food and loves getting his hands dirty so I think he would really enjoy it. But the birthday is already costing is an arm and a leg and is taking lots of time to organise so won't go ahead with it.

I do have work from home access and can access emails etc but I refuse to. Today I did do something that took 10min but I wouldn't normally do that. I'm not an executive or even head of a department so I don't think I'm compensated to work on days where I'm not getting paid. It would be the equivalent to me working weekends. I don't do that either not for this job. I took this job as a step back in my career so I could be a working mum. If I want to focus on my career again I would leave and go back to the career I used to have. So anyways long story short I'm doing about 2 hrs overtime each day at work which almost equates to a day so I may as well do 4 days. Plus it's hard to manage my team only doing 3 days I feel like I miss out on too much. Sigh, so hard for us working mums.
    When you go back to full time will you be doing overtime or working weekends? Is that the culture at your current organisation?

Yeh ds current room is up to 1 yr old and then next one is 2-3 yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope 39 + fever is high. Poor ds. We've never thought about giving neurofen. I guess if Panadol didn't bring down temp our next step would be going to the gp to rule out infection. I got really bad stomach ramps having neurofen for the first time in my life. I'll never take them again so that's why I never thought of giving it to ds. Tho having said that I used to be so anti pills. I think I only had antibiotics once or twice before giving birth to ds and even refused to take Panadol. I am a big pro of vitamin c tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was at a meeting whole day so couldn't really do a proper reply.
    @Gelati: i didn't know that using a walker is also not good for their mental development. There are so many controversial about baby products. It is hard to know what's right and wrong. Like the bumbo, infant carrier, jumparoo etc. Yes, i feel like it is better off going back full time! BUT judging from the number of days DS is sick, it doesn't seem to worth it. Of course, there are many other factors for me not going back full time at the moment. DS had a good 4 weeks with only minor cold. He just doesn't seem to catch a break and only started to get pretty sick again after the conjuncvitis 3 weeks ago. Must be weaken immune system.

I hate giving DS antibiotics. I felt like it was better safe than sorry when he was running 39c fever and it wasn' stopping for 3 days. I only started nurofen after people recommendation. ie, when panadol doesn't break the fever. He can only have it every 6 hrs but the fever returns in less than 6 hrs. Nurofen is given in this case. I'll start DS probiotic again and add in fish oil. i was told that they help to strengthen the immune system.
    @Minib: DS had middle ear infection. Some GPs check, some don't. Now, i always ask them to check! DS room is 0--1 yr. I deliberately chose a centre that has this.

I am checking my work emails day and night and weekends.

I am actually going to see a GP tomorrow. I came down with this cold 3 weeks ago (or might be even longer if i count the other symptoms earlier on). It is mild but my cough just doesn't seem to improve. Chesty and a lot of mucus. I am taking cough syrup and am still coughing like crazy. I suspect DS has it already and he is on the 2nd course of antibiotics and no sign of getting well. I don't know what to expect from the GP, though.

Oh...the cleaner. How much am i expecting to pay? I am so ****ed with dH atm. I am working, cleaning, cooking etc. When i mentioned about cleaner, he said that he would mop the floor on weekend. Ya, right. If he would clean, i won't have to think about a cleaner! I just can't do everything on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i read that they now have coupons for returning customer for lost my name book. Did you receive it along with your order? If so, what's the discount? This is new.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I haven't ordered the books yet. So busy at work and have been working most nights after DD goes to bed.
    @Gelati not sure if you missed an ear infection. Signs to look out for: spiking temp above 38.5, yellow colour snort, glazey eyes. I think DD will enjoy smashing a cake. She loves self feeding now. I pretty much let her do that most meals now while I feed her too. So messy!

I'm not GM level or above either. Maybe I work too much. But I agree might as well get paid for the extra hours you do. I hope I don't do weekends. My team works long hours. There are pockets in my company who do long hours and mine is one of them. It's a pretty blokey environment in my division too. It is now becoming my passion to help creating an environment that is family friendly.
    @bbhope how's your cold? Are you feeling better? I went to the GP myself as I'm sick on and off for a month. So now on antibiotic myself. Hopefully we can stop getting sick too.
    @bbhope cleaner is about $25-$35 an hour. Most people get them for 2 hours every fortnight. I would love weekly but the cost quickly adds up. Although I can't stand not cleaning for 2 weeks. The kitchen is cleaned daily. It's just the floor and bathroom. Now that dd crawls everywhere I feel like I should mop daily but I can't be bothered. How many days I can get away with before mopping again?

Are you doing all the cleaning @bbhope? That's annoying! Get a cleaner. It's worth it. A bit money to buy some quality family time

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: I went to a random GP on Saturday because I have been sick for nearly 3.5w. It is so strange......i mentioned it few weeks ago that I had a high fever and severe sore throat which came on quickly. Then, i was back to normal 2 days later without other cold symptoms. It seemed viral. Then, i travelled oversea few days later. My immune system was probably still weak. As soon as i landed, i had the sore throat again but it was rather mild. Lost my voice quite quickly and cough a week later and haven't gotten any better since. It is mild but it lasts forever...........the coughing at night interrupts my sleep a lot. I am exhausted.

GP said it is viral which I doubt it because DS was sick for quite sometime and the antibiotic helped him to get better straight away. He gave me a script for antibiotic and it was up to me to decide if i wanted to take it. After Sunday, I gave in and started taking it. Lack of sleep and stress with deadline is a killer. I was working over the weekend and when DS was napping in the last few days. Thanks goodness that he has been napping a LOT. I really hope that i don't have to work this weekend again. I hate it now given that I can't have weekend family time.

Well, DH and I had a fight few months ago about the cleaning. He had to clean the whole house by himself because the builder tradies were coming to fix the house. That's just one off and he complained. Imaging i am the one cleaning every time. DH loads dishes into the dishwasher and washes DS bottles. That's all. I am doing everything else. I just can't keep up now. I feel like i am constantly cleaning whenever DS is taking his nap. I don't have down time myself at all. Also, DS is following me everywhere and needs attention when he is up so it is very difficult to vacuum and mop. When i was on leave and DS went to childcare one day a week, that's the day i cleaned the house and even had time to do sport. If i have a day without DS like this, i won't need a cleaner. DH doesn't want a cleaner but he can't expect me to do everything. Of course, i complain. I want to save money for the time i am unemployed in the near future but it will make us happier if i have someone to help cleaning. If it is just the two of us, i might pretend not seeing the dust but I feel like the cleanliness is for DS now. I don't know if we will hire someone for fortnight just yet.