+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - I don't like salads either unless it's summer. I don't mind the ones that have a lot of stuff and flavour in them like smoked salmon or raw fish or pulled pork etc. and they also put all diff vegetables. But they take so much effort to make.
    Good work on the running. Keep it up you'll be pre pregnancy weight before you know it 😊

Had a huge argument with my mum today. She not only refused to do want I ask her to do with DS she tries to convince me to do things her way when I know they don't work for ds. He ended up having 3 naps today and had a late bedtime and didn't get fed dinner till really late so didn't have much milk. Only 450ml in total today. I also tell ds the name of things as I hand it to him and she scoffs and says, pfft as if he knows what you're saying. I'm close to just putting him in daycare full time rather than use her. It'll make life harder for us but seriously it might be worth it if I don't have to put up with her. She also said 'no need to teach him that stuff what you need to teach him is to be a good person. Not that he'll be able to learn that from you 😳😳😳 I was ready to throw a toy at her head!

@bbhope I think give ds has slept well before it means he will sleep well again. Maybe it's the antibiotics and before that the sickness. When he's well again he should go back sleeping well again. Might need some training but he should go back to it eventually.

I'm glad to hear he's doing better now that he's on the antibiotics. What a tough time you guys have been having. Childcare is hard cos there are so many germs. I also feel when ds sleeps well he's less likely to catch something but if he doesn't sleep well esp at Childcare, he catches colds so easily.

We don't have a cleaner as doing 3 days at work I still have enough time to clean but if I move to 4 days we will get a cleaner. Are you thinking of getting one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am not a salad fan either. I like everything warm.
    @Gelati: Gosh....I would be fuming as well. i know how it is like with mom. I have that a lot with my mom too when she was here if you recall. She comes from a good heart but I don't like too many opinions. I like to do things my way. She didn't go by the routine when she was raising us. This is all textbook and modern to her. Her intuition was right sometime, though. So DS with your mom when you are working? I thought he is at daycare? Yes, it is a blessing and a curse to have grandparents around.

I won't worry too much about the milk intake. DS does the same some days. He didn't drink much at daycare yesterday for example. Is DS sleeping OK at night with 3 naps? I gave DS 3 naps he didn't sleep enough for the other 2. or if he is sick and extra tired.

As for the sleep, DS sleeps well with us fine. It is more of the co-sleeping habit that we won't be able to break now. Honestly, we don't mind when he is sick. It gets us a close watch on him without us getting up the bed. But he expected that even when he wasn't sick. Sigh....we were able to put up waking up N times a night in the past when one of us wasn't working. Now, just kinda give in. the sleep training that we worked so hard for is now out the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope it's not just the not doing what I ask but she is so critical and vicious as you could see from my previous post. Now that I'm a mum it's suddenly been made very clear to me how horrible she was to me growing up and that it was her and not me. The mental bullying and her own selfishness. She used me and made me feel crap to make herself feel better.

Ds is at Childcare only two out of the 3 days and even when he's there she picks him up at 4. Ds is ok with 3 naps if he hasn't napped well but when he was at hers he already napped twice 1.5 hrs each. He doesn't need to nap more than 3 times in a day. I told her at 3 when I left for 2 hrs to not put him down again. He woke at 2 and by the time it was 5 when I went back he'd already been down for a nap and had woken up so she put him down after 2 hrs only and she said he was tired. No way! He only napped 30min - surprise surprise and didn't have a bedtime until 8pm which is too late when we are working. And he woke up today same time so of course he was grumpy in the morning

Anyways like I said not only the routine thing it's more the viciousness of her comments and the mental bullying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope would you ever consider cry it out? Babies need to be re trained after being sick back to their good habits. Given ds now knows how to sleep it might be better for him. Only suggesting it because you say it's tough for you guys now you're both working

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope haha I know. Now she won't stop crawling. Tried to crawl during nappy change.

DD doesn't really try to stand up yet. She's happy to be on all fours and crawl. Doesn't do bum shuffle anymore.

Cool thanks for the tip girls re milk. She doesn't cry after 180ml so I assumed she's happy. She normally slow right down with about 30ml to go anyway. Sometimes she doesn't finish the bottle.

Your poor son. He's had a really bad run with cc. Sick all the time. Winter is almost over so hopefully the kiddies are better after this. We've had our first bout of serious cold. She's on the mend hopefully now. Poor thing. High temp and runny nose like a tap. She was quite spaced out with the high temp.

Antibiotic is better than let them suffer. I say if it's needed then give it to him. A baby can't always fight the illness and if not treated it can cause more harm. Do you give probiotic with the antibiotic?

I don't think you are the only one that send the kids to cc when still a bit sick. I mean isn't that how your DS got sick to start with? Some other kids pass it to him?

Would you consider another sleep school? Or cry it out a bit? I think bad sleepers will have more issue when sick or learning a new skill etc. so your DS might always need more comfort.

We don't use cleaner right now but will do soon. I'm going back full time next month so will look for a cleaner then. It's actually hard to find a good one. All the ones recommended by friends are full and won't take on new customers are you thinking of using one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati hm I think I would rather use cc if I were you. It's not nice that she has a dig at you in front of your son. That comment about he can't learn how to be a good person from you isn't acceptable. I would be peeved! I get grandparents can be hard work but normally they just push their way about what to feed, what to do etc. I can put up with those comment but I wouldn't be happy if my mum tells me I can't teach my daughter to be a good person

My parents are good. I mean they have opinion. But generally it's more exaggerating stuff like her poo colour isn't good take her to the doctor, she is sniffling take her to the doctor, she has a pimple ask the doctor if it's ok or you should try feeding her more etc. it's mainly over cautious. DD refused breakfast once and mum gave her another bottle instead. I wouldn't do that myself as I think it would just ruin her appetite for lunch but I know mum just wanted her to have a full tummy before sleeping.

Mum has DD for 3 days. I am starting to request varieties for lunch. Otherwise it's always rice congee with veg. It's awesome but can be boring if everyday? Mum cooks it fresh everyday.

After 2 x 1.5 hours nap, I don't think your DS would need another one. Otherwise the night sleep gets pushed out and he won't get enough sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I rambled too much in my previous post. What I meant was everyone has diff routine and style. That's ok. But if the delivery isn't good ie always having a dig at you then really it's not good for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm..my phone didn't show me any update the whole weekend. Grr...anyway....
    @Gelati: I didn't mean to say that your mom intention was coming from a good heart. I don't know her. From what you were saying, she seemed to be treating you badly in the past as well. Saying those things in front of DS is never OK. Honestly, I would send DS to daycare to save the hassle.

Speaking of sleep, DH will not send DS back to sleep school. Even when we had the dummy issue, he was so straight out against it. I was glad that it resolved itself just when we were due to go after postponing it many times. We won't try CIO. Given DS personaility, CIO certainly would not work. When i was on the night watch, i had tried several things, including something similar to controlled crying twice. I didn't look at the clock. I just went in, pat him, left, few mins later repeat. This went on for like 1.5 hrs. I gave up. I had to work the next day.......everyone needed to sleep. DH tried to sit by his cot, pat and shoosh. DS was screaming the entire time while he was doing that! We concluded that controlled crying won't work for him due to his strong personality. I don't have the energy to fight with his crying the whole night. He actually got even more upset when he saw us and we refused to pick him up for a cuddle.

I guess we have gotten used to rush into his room in the last 3 weeks due to a week with visitors at home and didn't want to disturb anyone. We changed our tactic last night. We decided to wait a bit to see if he would lie back down after sitting or standing up. We did that in the past when he was looking for his dummy. As i said, he gets super upset if we go in and don't pick him up. Surprisingly, he did go back to sleep after sitting up crying once. So he only came to our bed at 4am instead of 10pm or midnight. I don't know if it is an one off thing. I really hope that this works and he would start sleeping in his cot again........

Also, i am not sure what's up with DS. He has been napping a lot. 1.5--2 hrs per nap in the last two weeks. Today, he took a total of 4.5 hrs nap!!!! He only went down 30--45 mins later than normal bed time. I assume this has to do with him being sick? He was also sleeping that much at daycare which was quite unusual. I don't know if this has to do with the night waking but he always seems to be able to fall asleep in our bed without any problem. Ya, when babies sleep, we wonder, when they sleep, we wonder if it is normal too!
    @Gelati, @Minib: what are you ladies planning for the birthday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yeh you're right it is very unacceptable behaviour. And that's just one example of many. She uses threats when I don't obey her because she thinks she's always right. Whenever I go against her she thinks I'm being a stupid girl and needs to be put back in line. A few times when I was stubborn and refused to give into her she said I'm going to teach your children to be disobedient to you just so you can experience what I'm experiencing. This is before I had ds but because of comments like that I do worry about her influence over him. I've put him down for an extra day but there is no availability. Hopefully something comes up soon. I'm basically asking every week so they don't forget I'm waiting. I'm so scared about her influence over him. She keeps criticising him just like she used to do with me like he's such an angry baby and throws things angrily when he doesn't want them. I'm like he's a baby, what do you expect? That doesn't make him an angry baby. She also blames him for things like she would blame me - like, oh he's already gotten a hole in his jeans(like really annoyed) and I said - you can't blame him he's just a baby what does he know? Get a clue woman!

Yeh I understand wanting variation in his lunch. They do say it's to get them used to different flavours so they don't become fussy eaters. Although I never got variety and I love all foods. I suppose it's more for children who have a natural disposition to be fussy with flavours?
    Have you tried asking mothers group for cleaner recommendations minib? I'm getting a recommendation from one of the mums from mothers group.

@bbhope ah ok well maybe cio isn't for your son. We ended up doing it after we had taught him how to fall asleep but he kept getting mixed up after going to Childcare or my mums. His slept would always be so bad. In the end we did cio and realised by me going in there it woke him up fully and made matters worse. So I let him cry the first time and the second time and after that and then he hasn't needed us afterwards. But it was cry on and off for 20min. That was hard to sit through I would watch him on the monitor but I knew it was best for him in the long run. Now he's happy and cos he gets 11-12 hrs sleep overnight he gets over colds faster and strengthens his immune system. But if your ds is going to cry for 1.5 hrs it's probably not the right thing for him.

Wow could be cos he's sick? Or maybe he's tired from the broken sleep overnight? I don't let ds nap longer than 3 hrs overnight unless he is sick. Otherwise it affects his night time sleep time and becomes harder for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't believe you're going back full time @Minib! How are you feeling about it?