Closed Thread
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @Tanej78 - she's perfect Thankyou for posting the picture. Did you guys get any 3D shots to make out what her little face might look like?

Great news regarding the Gd. Sounds like it's all going so well and you're over halfway now. Yippee!!!

Good luck at the awards 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 awww so happy for you! That scan looks amazing. Looks like she's a busy little girl already. Try have something cold like ice cream and see if she dances away inside you. She probably has a massive ice cream party.

Ok so my DD decided to crawl. On all fours hands and knees. She wanted my dads glasses so she crawled to get it haha.
    @Gelati 310ml in one meal? Wow that's a big appetite. Must be a growth spurt. So how do you know that he wanted more than usual? I'm making note in case DD is like that too.
    @Gelati your poor DS. How is he now? Is he feeling better? I'm so dreading all the illness when DD starts cc.

That also reminds me I better call the cc we want to check availability.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! And you thought she might skip that stage @Minib hehe. Isn't it funny how suddenly they master a new skill. It just comes out of nowhere like you leave the room and come back and they've rolled over or they are standing. It's such a shock to see! She will be standing in no time and then walking.

Oh I just give him milk until he pushes the bottle away. Normally the most he will have is 210ml. But this time he just kept drinking so it must be growth spurt. He's having less now that he's sick sometimes only 130ml. But luckily he's fine. On the mend but off to Childcare again tmr - sigh. We kept him home on Monday. I'm sure when he's feeling better he'll be a guts again making up for what he lost. Yeh be prepared for the first winter of Childcare. It ain't fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati so how much do you make in a bottle? I make 180ml and DD finishes it most of the time. Do you think I should make 210ml and see if she wants more? She has bottle when she wakes up then breakfast about 45-60 mins later. Lunch is about 11.30-12 and bottle around 1. Snacks or arvo tea around 4. Dinner is around 6 and bottle around 7 pm. I make 180ml for all the 3 bottles.

She's not showing signs of standing up yet. Even when I hold her hands, she's not steady but who knows.

Yeah first winter is always so hard. A lot of babies in My MG are sick and they aren't even in cc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I don't really know. I make 150ml and then give another 60ml. And then if he's still going I make more if he's fussing but if it seems like he's had enough I generally stop at 210ml. Should I do that and only give 180ml max? Sometimes he cries so I have to give him more. The 310ml was cos he cried. On the tin it says 3x 210ml so i figured up to 210. I'm sure if dd wanted more shed cry. I generally give solids 30min - 60min before or after bottle. Snacks I only give if he wakes up at an awkward time. More so afternoon snack than morning one.

Once she's stronger in her knees she'll be able to stand. For us it happened quite quickly from when he went onto his knees to standing.

How is planning for #2 going? 😊

Yeh they still get sick not going to Childcare but maybe not as often. This is ds's 6 or 7th cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah ok. I thought you make 300ml every bottle and just waste so much formula lol. Makes sense now haha. No don't stop at 180ml if he wants more. I've tried given DD 210ml and she never finished it. She's happy around 150-180ml.

Same we don't do morning tea. No time between breakfast and lunch lol. Afternoon tea is generally yoghurt, cheese or fruit.

My DD drinks quite a lot of water now. Around150-180 a day. Must be all the drooling lol.

Haha haven't started yet. Won't start until end of the year or early next year. But I'm going to get fit first. I'm running now and going to join the gym again. I'm a slow runner but building up on my distance slowly. Really want to lose the last 5kgs before trying again.

How's your gym session going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - that's great you're down to 5 more kgs. The gym is going well but being back at work means I'm snacking more so I actually put on a kg 😁😁
    I'm back to watching what I snack on again. Still trying to go to the gym 3 times a week but no other exercise unfortunately. I don't really run now I'm going to the gym. Maybe when it starts getting lighter and warmer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm terrible with portion control. I eat way too much and don't like light food like salad. I'm more into carb and heavy food lol. I like salad but just find it not filling.

3 times a week is awesome. That's what I want to do. Just signed up this week so early days with the gym lol. Been running for 4 weeks now though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, have been MIA.
    @Tanej78: congrats. It must be so surreal t see the scan! good luck for the award!
    @Minib @Gelati: wow...dd is crawling. I think we just never know what they decide to do! DS now prefer to cruise than commando crawl. He will get anything within reach on the table. I normally make 180ml for DS. It really varies. When he is on a growth spurt, he would drink more than that in the morning. 240ml is max for him so far. He rarely drinks after dinner so I make 60ml. If he doesn't drink, at least i am not wasting too much formula. Yes he would complain and cry if he hasn't had enough. We just top it off. No idea what the deal was when he refused drinking his milk for a while last time. He still doesn't drink that much of water. He is certainly fine drinking from the sippy cup now except we have to help beause we dont put the spill filter.

DS got the conjunctivitis last week. It was improving but started the high fever and cough on Saturday. He was pretty sick and the fever wasn't breaking until he was on antibiotic. 3 days of high fever...not eating, vomitting, When the GP saw him on Monday, he commented how awful he looked and was very concerned. i was so afraid that it was another pneumonia given how bad he was wheezing. He is still wheezing heavily. So far, drs keep telling us that he has asthma but the inhaler doesn't seem to do anything to ease the wheeze!! Sigh.....i don't like antibiotic but it is the only thing that's working. DS improved within 24 hrs. We had a follow up the next day and GP was relieved to see that. Anyway, he is back to childcare tomorrow with the left over sickness. I need to work despite still having the cold. I am a bit selfish for sending him back in for spreading the germs. On the other hand, i think we have done our part for keeping him at home last week and another day this week. Daycare certainly doesn't want him to spread the conjuncvitis. He is fully recovered from that now. He got that from the childcare to begin with. Cold is common and if that's excluded, i think babies are allowed to be at the childcare anymore.

DS hasn't been sleeping through for 3 weeks now. Teething and then sick and more teething (another one?). We don't know what to do with him sleeping in our bed. Gosh....i thought those tough months are over. Here is the thing......he doesn't sleep a long stretch anymore. I feel like he is back to few months old waking up at 10pm, midnight and then 3am. He still falls asleep on his own in the evening but once he wakes up at night, he would not want to fall back to sleep in his cot again. DH tried to settle him in this cot but without much success. DS just cried hysterically until DH picked him up. We tried several things and nothing is working. Now, DH doesn't even try anymore. Once he wakes up, DH will just pick him up and put him in our bed. I thought he wanted to sleep in our bed but when i tput him on the carpet floor in his room, slept next to him, he fell asleep. It seems like he just doesn't want to be by himself. My friend told us that his son went through a phase like that. Separation anxiety? or practising new skills? who knows!! He certainly moves a lot while trying to fall asleep or sleeping. Kick and punch on our face sometime.

Given that you ladies have less of a hard time with DD/DS sleep. I wonder bad sleepers will always have sleep problem.

I havent had time to do any exercise. It was nice when DS went to childcare 1 day a week and that's the day off for me. I could go to the sport club. Now, i have to work, clean, cook! No time. Gosh..I lost a lot after having DS due to stress but now gaining all back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does any of you use cleaner?