+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: how long does it take for DS to clear up the conjunctivitis? DS has been on the eyes drop and no improvement. The eyes are still very swollen!!! Apparently there were cases in his room last week at childcare. He actually hasn't had any major sickness until now. Bronchilitis doesn't seem to upset him much. Just heavy breathing. DH is probably pretenting to not let me worry.

Haha...i remember you were wondering abotu the teeth. Now your DS has more teeth than my DS. Only the 5th is coming. As for the gap, yes, he has that for the upper one but it might still take some time for them to full come down. He had lip tie and we cut it to prevent gap. I am not sure if this helps in the end. Bottom ones are fine. Speaking of this, we are lazy parents who haven't spent too much time brushing DS teeth. We tried a couple times and it was kinda pointless given that he screamed like hell.

Good progress on your DS. DH is house proofing now. DS is still not dong proper crawling. He is climbing everywhere and reaches out stuff on the table, bed etc. I find that DS develops pretty fast ever since he knows how to commando crawl. Remember, it took ages for him to get to that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope your poor son. So hard to see them sick. That poor boy has had a rough run.

I was talking to mum today how I feel DD isn't interested in crawling. She is very good at bum shuffling and now trying to stand. I was a bit worried and mum said I didn't crawl. I went from bum shuffling straight to walking before I turned one. Maybe it's like mother like daughter?
    @Gelati wow 6th tooth?? We haven't got upper tooth yet so can't say if there is a gap. I feel like the next 2 bottom teeth will come out soon. So maybe she has 4 teeth (2 upper 2 bottom) coming in the next couple of weeks.

Clever boy @Gelati nice crawling. I read the what to expect in the first year book. There are multiple styles of crawling. On knees, commando or half walking. All are ok apparently. No one is better than another.

We never have a leaked nappy in the last few months. What size nappy is he wearing now? Maybe go one size bigger for night? DD is on crawler nappy right now. Still ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you are not a lazy parent. There's no need to really brush yet. MCHN told me to just use wet cloth and wipe the tooth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - I think it took 1-2 weeks. Quite awhile but he didn't have a swollen eye. It was just crusty in the morning when he woke up and a but if goop in there throughout the day. GP said sometimes they can get it as a result of getting sick as I got it too. When I got the cold off ds. That was a bad cold, only just getting over it now. Good to hear the bronchitis isn't bothering him too much. He's a tough little guy.
    You're not lazy bbhope, no one likes doing things that makes their baby scream/cry. Ds hates having his teeth wiped too. Screams bloody murder and slaps my hand away. Sometimes I laugh cos it's so funny when he gets angry. I try not to tho cos it makes him more angry. Lol.
    Yeh I've heard they do master skills quite quickly from now on. Ds just suddenly stood up and now he does it all the time like he's always been doing it.

@Minib - hehe yes sounds like she's just like mum. Skipping skills! My mum said I didn't crawl either. Just started walking one day. Didn't realise there was no difference between proper crawling and commando crawling. Ds probably doesn't like crawling in his knees cos it hurts on the floor boards lol. But he'll soon realise he can crawl faster on his knees and it's less effort.
    He's still in crawler too. He's not very heavy. Probably only just over 9kg now. Although I think he's going through a growth spurt cos he's drinking huge amounts of milk (310ml once) and huge amounts of solids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope is that a symptom of lip tie? Gap between two front teeth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i read that crawling, walking etc are all genetic. Few people told me that crawling is a must milestone BUT everything i read suggests differently. Your DD is like my DS. He was more interested in standing than sitting/crawling. The transition between commando crawling and cruising is quick.
    @Gelati: oh ya, we have had the nappy leaking problem on and off since he was a newborn! When it happens, time to up to the next size. You can also buy nappy liner to add as an extra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: no it isn't a symptom of lip tie. If DS has lip tie, you will know. U just can't flip his upper lip all the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yeh I bought a size up will use that for night time. Although he hasn't had any leakage in the past few days.
    I checked his lip, doesn't seem to have lip tie.

Ds is sick again. Think he caught it at Childcare on wed. He didn't sleep well at Childcare he last week. I feel when he doesn't sleep well he gets sick. This time seems worse than other times. Lots of coughing. Hope he doesn't have bronchitis or neumonia. But no high fever. Highest was 37.8. Now today no more fever but lots of coughing. Will monitor it as it can turn into chest infection yeh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies for the MIA...
    Little bit of anxiety but also a whole lot of busy... State photography awards, DH home... etc

BUT had my 20w scan today... Ahhh she was perfect! So happy such relief and DH was home for it.

My glucose came back normal, actually more on the low side...

So off the metformin.. No more prog... And I'm almost off the pred!

Feeling her move more and more... ❤️ ... Crazy that this is real life!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1472550212.059023.jpg

She had her knees up to her face... And wriggled about the whole time