+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, DS changes a LOT. Only until recently that he allows us to bring him out on the pram and car. He is very interested in the surrouding now. In fact, it is harder to keep him entertained at home all day. Also, he doesn't like to sit in his bjorn bouncer and watches me doing things anymore. He wants us to carry him around! I put him on the bjorn carrier -- facing forward. He enjoys it a lot. The only problem is that he is still sitting fairly low. He got too excited when i was washing stuff in the sink and ang his nose bridge onto the stone benchtop. Ouch!!!!!! Set out a big cry. He has a red mark just above his nose bridge now.

After my experiment going to the cafe with DS by myself last weekend, I suggested to do it again but with DH this time. DS behaved just like we expected. We were able to eat out for the first time since DS was born. You must be laughing @Minib because you have been eating out with DH since DD was few weeks old. I am jealous of you and my friend who has an easy going baby that early on but i'm glad that we are finally getting there.

I tried rice cereal for DS today. I didn't expect him to eat. More for him to taste. I sat him on the swing. He basically just pushed everything out. I didn't even go through the entire amount. I prepared 1 tablespoon of rice cereal.

Well, i have a business trip. DH has to take care of DS by himself and no sleep for a week. I suggested to bring him so someone can help. Families get to see him. Win-win. Doing it in one go can be difficult. That's why thinking to split it. It is going to be exhausting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: does DS have diarrhea at the moment? I thought it is the side effect for the rotavirus vaccine. DS didn't go today. Since we put him on a new formula, I need to pay attention if he is constipated. He gets constipation very easily. Transition switch is certainly the way to go. We did that this time. DS stomach didn't get super upset with diarrhea. I still feel pretty stupid being a first time mom not knowing I have to do transitioning with the formula change in the past. DS digestive system was even less mature back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - wow 8-4 or 5 is great! i count that as sleeping through the night. Let me know how the 10:30 feed goes. DS slept from 9:30-6:30 which was great but then the next night (last night) slept 9 and woke up at 12...what the?? So i fed and then he slept from 12:30 - 7:30. Absolutely no consistency. Yep and still no consistency during the day. I guess you can't say no consistency at all at night cos he sleeps around 9 and then wakes around 6:30 ish. Most nights with 1 wake up tho and you never know when. Like you feed is more consistent now. Always around the 3-4 hr mark. But daytime sleep can be 40min or up to 2.5 hrs.

Thanks for letting me know about the vacc. DS has been fine so far no fever but i'll keep an eye out for it appearing in a week. I thot he was gonna have a rought night last night cos his routine was out. I didn't feed him when he woke cos only at the 1.5 hr mark then i put him to bed when it was 2.5 hrs and he didnt' cry but wouldn't sleep. After 1 hr in the cot he started crying so i eneded up having to get him up and feed and then he played for 30min so he was up for about 3 hrs!! then he went down ok. That's when he then woke at 12:30. So yeh sometimes ds doesn't have a sleep either but usually it's play feed play sleep and he's up for over 2 hrs.

Sounds like dd is developing. Don't stress too much just keep doing tummy time when she allows you to. Even little ones here and there help. MHN says when the roll from tummy to back it's usually by accident and it doesn't really count as rolling. She said proper rolling is from back to tummy and you'll see them starting to bring their legs up to their tummy and roll. I didn't know that. In which case DS has not rolled yet at all.

yes oats seems to do it for me. You should try it. That's great you are back to breastfeeding some of the time. It's so much easier. No bottles. Today after 7 hrs i had so much milk and DS refused to feed so i know it's not cos of the milk supply its because he just too alert to breastfeed as the day goes on. Eventually i got him to semi drain the boob and he didn't want anymore food. haha i'm the same. DS is 18 weeks now and i'm still breastfeeding! i'm going for 6 months now :P
    @bbhope that's great you can head out with DS now. Sounds like he is growing up. i went to mother's group and thought ds would sleep in the bassinet but he refused to sleep. Ended up staying up for 2.5 hrs!! when i put him in the car seat he didn't cry which was amazing and went straight to sleep when we got home. He must have been soo tired.

DS hasn't had diarrhea yet but he did poo twice yesterday. Normally he only goes onces in the late afternoon. Today no morning poo tho. I think last time DS didn't get diarrhea until about 5 days after the vacc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my daughter doesn't even like the pram bassinet now. Wants to see more so I can imagine how much your son wants to see. That's great that you and DH went out for a meal. Won't be long before your son joins in as well. What do you mean he's sitting low in the baby bjorn? Why is that? Can you change the setting?

Ouch poor bubba. Must have heard. Did he look at you like it's your fault? Lol. My dd head butted me once and then cried and look at me like how dare i hurt her lol.

We still go out for lunch and breakfast a lot. DD is good most of the time. Dinner is a different story though. She cracked it. It must be something about wanting to be in her cot and sleep. I am a bit put off going out for dinner unless we go to mums. Going to restaurant for dinner doesn't seem to worth the effort with her.

That's ok. Just keep trying the rice cereal until he takes it. Or are you thinking of waiting a couple more weeks?

What a great idea. Take DS and DH with you as well. Win win! The families would be so happy to see him too. Is the first time DH's parents see him?

Don't be so hard on yourself. We make so many mistakes as first time mums. I've done so many as well. Sometimes I beat myself up too. But if I think back, how am I supposed to know?
    @Gelati I did dream feed at 10.30 last night. She couldn't finish the bottle. Too sleepy. Only took 90ml and still woke up at 4 haha. Don't see the point of dream feed if that's the case. Will try again though. Don't expect her to understand on first night. Will try for a week I think.

Sounds like your DS bed time is consistent but it's more his wake time to feed. Does he always finish his bottle before bed at 9? Or do you BF?

Didn't know re the rolling. Yeah I'm not too stressed about it as she's hitting all other milestones. She's on her third leap according to wonder week app. That seems to come around quickly. Feels like we just finish the last leap.

Have bought oats. Will try tomorrow morning. I am loving milk again and seems to help her poo. She did one this morning despite a small one. Seems to be every 2 days now which I'm really happy about. I know!! So much easier to just offer boob instead of pumping. Plus I do enjoy looking at her happy face sucking. I am now aiming for 4 months of BF haha. You can do it! Only around 6 more weeks to 6 months. Keep going. Then celebrate when it's done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have pram bassinet. It is just forward facing pram. DS didn't go out much the first 3 months. In a way, I am glad that we didn't buy baby insert. We have to take out the head rest from the car seat. I think that's what makes DS very uncomfortable. We bought a less bulkier insert for the seat.

Good jobs you two on tr BF. I didn't want to give up BF for the exact reason. Feeling the closeness and bonding with DS. He fussed on my boobs so it wasn't exactly fun in the end. We will be asking the new paed about feeding again. DS isn't a happy eater. He cries during the feed most of the time since he was born. Whose baby does that?! to be honest, we just get used to it knowing that's the case. I though the reflux is under controlled.

No. DS was facing forward on Te carrier so he couldn't look back and blame me. Lol. I have a short torso so DS head is below my chest height. I am not sure if I can adjust it more to make him sit higher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS doesn't do everything as listed on the leap page, though.

I suspect he will crawl before knowing how to roll. he is nearly there with the rolling. Always turn side way. he is now extending his arm far out so he doesn't keep his head up long anymore. When his arms were still further in, he could hold head up for a long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - he usually feeds a big bottle before bed. Anything between 140-180. Last night he did 200! That's why I was so surprised after he woke up after 3 hrs but then he slept 7 hrs! I just don't see a correlation. Yay you can do it too! Yes the closeness is really nice. But @bbhope if Bub is fussing then it's not enjoyable. It's actually quite horrible and makes me so anxious.

@bbhope so you know how I said last night was quite bad for ds in terms of going down and then waking after 3 hrs which is so uncommon for him? Well tonight was/is exponentially worse. It has been horrible. Not sure if it's the reaction to the vaccine but I can't think of any other reason. So because of 3 hr feed he was fed just before going to sleep. After 40mjn catnap I couldn't feed again so played for 2 hrs. He was grumpy but wouldn't sleep so I fed him. Should have been his last feed of the day but only took 80ml and started crying so I changed nappy and tried to put to bed but he started screaming. I tried dummy but nothing worked. Even screaming in our arms. In the end I put him in the cot to let him cry for a little. Eventually picked him up but still crying so repeat until eventually he calmed down after I picked him up. He basically cried for 1.5hrs. After he was called I fed him and he ate 100ml and I held him for a little and felt him relax. I put him in the cot and he didn't cry and now he's only just fallen asleep after being up for 4 hrs! Do you think it's the vaccine? But he was fine during the day no problems. I couldn't believe how bad he was tonight and he was crying hysterically. I hope this isn't what he is going to be like every night from now on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: we sorta get used to him fussing/crying while feeding. He has been doing it since few weeks old. Tummy pain, gas pain, reflux and perhaps teething pain now. God knows what. Funny is that we are able to filter out crying now as compared to few months ago. We stop feeding and try again few mins later all the time. The gastroenterologist didn't take us seriously. Well, he didn't even have time to hear our story. I can only hope that the new paed will listen to us and hope to shade some light into potential problems. Every dr just dismiss us because DS is putting on good weight. Oh...actually, DS hasn't been gaining much since mid Dec. He was overfed and on 75 percentile. He is now back to 50 percentile on weight.

DS had mild fever the day after the vaccine. He has been napping more since. Too bad, it is just an one off thing!!! So far, DS is doing OK. We actually brought him out to the city on the train for the whole afternoon. He really enjoyed it. But it could change anytime. I was told that the side effect can show up within 7 days. DS cried non-stop after the 7w vaccine, my mom left, we moved house, DH was busy cleaning the old place and me dealing with a crying baby for few days. I cried and those days were horrible. I really think that it is the side effect of the vaccine for your DS. Give it a day or two and see what happens. DS can be up 3 hrs during the day in the last couple of days.

Teething pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BBBope - ds is eating less now too. It's normal after 3 mths to not feed so much.

Yes I remember at 7 weeks that would have been horrible. I'm glad to hear he's been good so far after this one. I did the same, take a break and feed again but everytime I put the bottle to his mouth he screamed louder. I don't think it's teething I think you're right must be the vaccine cos he is farting a lot. I think the next couple of days is going to be rough. No fever just yet. I'm going to give him some water again tmr see if he'll take it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is a fussy eater when she has tummy ache. She will literally cry and refuse to feed. Other times she's pretty good but i do notice it's harder to feed her now. Not as easy as it used to be. Not sure why. Maybe she's full or just not as interested.

Is that why?? I always think my dd sits low on the baby bjorn too. Maybe it's because I'm short as well?

DD starts rolling to her side but not quite a full rolling. This is from her back to the side.

Oh poor DS @Gelati. I think it's he vaccine bothering him. Poor thing. Is he better today??

Poor bubbas. The vaccination can really throw them out. They must be uncomfortable but don't know what to do so just cry.
    @Gelati maybe give him a tummy massage. And some water should hopefully help him.

I read this article
    http://www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sl..._campaign=msg6

It makes sense to me as dd sleeps better at night not day time. Today she slept 2 cycles this morning. Then at 12.30 pm only one nap. Woke up crying. I resettled her and she is having another nap. I hope I don't stuff up the night routine. She's awake now so we are ready to play again.

After this I don't care if she only naps for 45 mins as she won't need that much sleep. She's had about 2 hours so far today.