+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - it's called David Hosking's soothing & healing nappy rash cream from David hosking pharmacy in Essendon. It is $22 for 100g so not as expensive as the one you are using. But it's fantastic, he had a bleeding bum once and one application it was gone.

No probably from year 5, id like him to go to a co ed primary school. Probably the same one I went to - st Joseph's. We are Catholic. But even from year 5 it'll be $30k ish per year. 2 kids it's 60k. That's a lot of money. Plus I'll be working less. and we'll need a bigger house. Currently we have a 3 bedroom and it feels just big enough. But 4 ppl I think we'll need a 4 bedroom at least. I'm sure it'll feel like we are all living on top of one another. In that respect I would prefer a double storey house so you can get some peace and quiet but I would want one with a master bedroom downstairs. Hahah. I'm probably over thinking it!! But yeh def not ready for number 2. I'm going to wait until next June earliest to try our last frostie and if that doesn't work that'll be it for us I think. I can't flush the last frostie so ill def give it a go but I won't do another stim cycle. You girls are so brave going through all those stim cycles. I couldn't go through another 😓

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome. My friend lives in Essendon so I might get her to buy it for me. Then I can just catch up with her on a weekend.

It's a lot of money isn't it. Is that $30k current fee? When our kids are in year 5, the fees could go up to $40-$50k a year. It's scary. I read an article that year 12 could cost $50k a year when our kids are doing it.

We currently have 4 bedroom double storey. And it actually feels too big haha. A lot of cleaning. But when we have 2 kids it will be perfect I think.

We are currently in a townhouse but thinking to move to a stand alone house in one block. Not sure where to move to yet because we haven't decided on school but also affordability. Houses are so expensive in Melb.

We also haven't put our daughters name in any school. Waiting to see what gender for our second. If a boy, then both kids go to co ed. if another girl, maybe both go to a girls school.

Stim didn't bother me that much to be honest. My body coped fine except the weight gain. But that could be because I just ate too much too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an idea of my dream home but we are so far from living in one haha.

We would be content with one child too. I mean we had to do IVF so I think we all know one child is a miracle anyway. I really want a second child as a sibling to my daughter. I love having a sibling so I want her to experience the same thing. So I have another stim in me. But I don't think I'll keep trying for years as I don't want to focus on what I don't have. I would like to focus on what I have instead. Kinda makes sense in my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: will try your recipe next time. DS just chews on hard plastic or whatever he can grab and hurts his gum sometime. I try not letting him chew anything hard but can't help it if he is teething and it helps to relieve the pain.

I am certainly not thinking having a second any time soon. It is tough to raise a baby so can't imagine going through again just when DS is getting slightly easier now. We think one is enough for us to experience the parenthood. We still have frosties. Don't know what to do with it. I am certainly not doing another stim. I just think my body went through a lot with these drugs. I was also on immune drugs and GD problem. Just can't imagine my body to go through all of these again. We haven't even thought about school because don't know if we will be here in the future. I guess the reason we didn't Consider school catchment when we built the house. Ya, also have to upgrade a bigger car and house if we have another one. With me not having a job, that would be impossible.

Good that u have frosties and hopefully not having to do another stim!
    @Gelati: DS had a small cut last week and I Didn't have any wound cream at home so went and bought the bepathen (first aid version). I read the ingredients and it seems to be identical to the other bepathen cream. Now gonna give it a go when DH bottom is really bad.

We have been using Sudocream as preventive. We didn't know how to use it at first but hearing from you ladies, I applied a thick layer so the acidic of poo won't get to his skin. We also use powder to make bottom dry after wiping with wet wipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yeh we all know out limits. The most important thing is to be content and grateful which we are. If you have it in you to keep going that's great. A sibling would be lovely. For me it wasn't so much the physical but the emotional. And I only went through one so I really feel like I don't have a right to feel that way given how much you ladies have gone through but I just don't think I could do another stim cos we have one already. If we didn't I might go another but no more than 2 for me I think. But yeh a sibling would be great but we couldn't afford 2 x private school and buy a bigger house in this area. I love this area, we live in hawthorn bordering camberwell, and just really love the convenience and the parks and shops. And it'll be so easy for ds to get to the schools. But yeh sibling would also be nice. We still have one frostie so I'm going to leave it up to God hehe.

Oh yeh 4 bedroom would be perfect for 2 kiddies. And double storey is great! I would like a double storey now we have ds. We live in a single storey and it just feels like we are all on top of each other. It is a small house only by the nice thing is its standalone so very private and quiet. Landscaping is done now can't wait for summer!!!

@bbhope oh didn't know that I will know to do that if ds has cuts. We used sudocream too but I like bepanthem better
    Do you use cheeky wipes? We use them and only use disposable wipes with poo by then we still finish with a cheeky wipe with water. Seems to work well. Da hasn't really had a red bottom at all even through 6 teeth.

Yeh if you are unsure about where you will be then also no point paying extra to be in catchment area. To be honest I don't know where we will be either. If we have only 1 we may move back to London and try get citizenship there.
    @Minib - that's a good idea to do coed if you have a boy and a girl. Not many private co ed schools tho. Heard Carey is quite hard to get into. You will get a cheaper rate if you have more than 1 kid in the school.
    $30k is just an expected value including extra curricular activities, camp, sports, books etc. but to be honest it's probably more. Yeh by the time they are in high school probably $50k per kid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: yes, certainly a sibling would be good for DD. Perhaps i would change my mind because of this. Everyone is different so go for it! i have never had desire to have 2 from the start. If it isn't infertility, maybe since DH wanted 2. He doesn't have the desire anymore given how much work DS is. DS is hyperactive. Not saying we regret it. We are very grateful and thus thought about donating the rest of frosties if we are allowed. There are just too many things to consider for us, career, house, car, childcare, saving up for another FET etc. I have friends who want to have 3 kids from the start. Since they don't have fertility problem, it is a lot easier from the grand scheme of things. eg: the amount of $ we put into having one is enough for them to have ~5 kids going priv OB.
    @Gelati: going back to UK? Everyone is trying to get out after Brexit. We are leaving the option opens for Europe. I don't want to move to Europe because of the language barrier but recent job opportunities (career change) have changed my mind. I would love going back to the States but DH doesn't want to live there.

It is scary to hear about the school fees here........

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: oh no. I am too lazy to use cheeky wipes. I can't even keep up the amount of laundry DS is producing. Let's alone doing extra laundry. I try not to use the washing machine when he is sleeping because it is right next to his bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope haha yeh I know people want to leave. Who knows what the future holds. I know the amount of money we spend on ivf. Ridiculous! At least we got a take home baby. It was worth it in the end.

I know house prices and school fees are scary!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely understand regarding cheeky wipes. For me I just bought a whole lot so I don't run out and just chuck it in when I do a load of his laundry. The laundry is next to ds room too but ds is used to the noise now, he sleeps right through it. I don't put it on at night tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick reply. Will do a proper reply tonight. @bbhope did you end up getting the lost my name book? I need two as gifts so I thought If you haven't we could do refer a friend thing.