+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: no. licking can't give crook teeth. I am not sure about chewing, though. DS chews everything and sometime his gum bleeds. I can't really stop him from chewing on things! I reckon it is a way for him to relieve teething pain. I was told that the growth of teeth is genetic.

For the fish cake, i boiled the potatoes. Mashed them. Added 1 egg, raw fish (cut into small pieces), some flour, parsley. Thats it. I got this recipe online. It doesn't stay in shape. It just likes a mash with a bunch of ingredients mixed in. Grr....

Yes, teething more poo. Stinky and a bit runny. However, he seems to poop more with solid. Teething is a pain in the butt. So much disruption. Geez...28 teeth.....each last 1 week of disruption. That's half a year. LOL
    @Gelati: With pneumonia, DS didn't eat, drink and play. He had persistent high fever (39c+) that panadol couldn't keep it down long enough (return every 3-4 hrs, panadol max dose is every 6 hrs), coughing, wheezing, throwing up, in bed most of the time.

DS is still wheezing heavily today but the coughing is much better. I find it very strange that he seems to have one FULL day of non stop coughing (so sick) and then ease significantly the next day for the last two times he had a cold. Same this time as well. Thankfully that the vomit was an one off thing. His appetite has returned today, although he is still not eating much. I think we might have to feed him overnight again. Ha...just when i thought those night feed days are over. He didn't really have his dinner. Sigh. When he was sick last time, we could get by without a feed but he was screaming hungry half way through the night in the last two nights. I reckon it has something to do with him not sleeping well and spending too much energy.

It seems like the second upper tooth is "taking a vacation". We haven't been needing panadol in the last two nights all of the sudden. It certainly isn't as swollen as the last tooth but might still eb too early to tell. Again, i thnk the last one might be infected.

My sympathy regarding sleep. Waking up 4--5 times was typical for DS when he was younger. Sometime more than that. The last 3 nights haven't been great for us. I hope it improves soon.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 poos today and her skin is now red and raw. Poor thing. she screamed and cried during nappy change. I had to use cotton ball and water tonight instead.
    @Gelati I didn't use breadcrumb in the chicken finger mix. Mine was simply chicken mince very finely, chopped up carrot, corn and parsley. Pan fried with a little bit of oil. If I make chicken nugget then I use the same mix or add quinoa too then I dip it in egg before coat it with homemade breadcrumb, Parmesan and parsley.

Omg 6 teeth wow. No wonder he's been fussy. Poor thing. That's a lot in one go.

I hope you get better sleep @Gelati waking up every hour is awful!
    @bbhope chew until gum bleeds? Poor thing must be very strong chew. Have you tried giving him cold cucumber or something to soothe it and a bit harder so he can chew on it.

Your fish cake recipe is very different to mine. I don't use potato. Mine is salmon or flathead or Barra in the food processor with egg, green bean or snake bean, carrot, fresh lime leave, fresh coriander and a small clove of garlic. If your DS can have curry then you can add some curry paste but be mindful as it can be quite salty. Once it's mixed, I just scoop it up with a tablespoon and flatten it a bit as I pan fry them.

I think baby only has 20 teeth not 28. Still. That's at least 4-5 months process I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope sounds like ds is on the mend. I'm sure you are very happy to know the symptoms aren't the same as when he had pneumonia. Ds is the same. Now when he gets sick he is unhappy and sometimes fever for one night then the next day he is back to normal but may have runny nose and cough for a week but isn't as upset. Fingers crossed he doesn't get anything more serious. Winter is almost over so hopefully cold and flu season is almost over too.

@Minib - aw poor little poppet. Water and cotton ball is the way to go. Do you use bepanthen cream? I found that to be the best with nappy rash so far. Sounds like dd is having it tough through teething too. Is she sleeping ok? Ds has been ok with sleep the last 2 days. Woke up once or twice which isn't too bad. Once is fine. Twice does interrupt how well I sleep. Anything more than twice and I'm tired the next day. Yeh I know 6! I just think we'll he's getting it all out of the way in one go. Lol. So it's been a tough month.

ah I think I put too many watery veggies in there so it didn't hold together enough. The veggies you said are drier. I put pumpkin, zucchini and carrot. I'll try using drier ingredients and see if it works. I'd like to use potato. Dipping in egg is a good idea. With fish I actually just steam the fish and give it to him as finger food and steam other veggies and give him as finger food. It's actually the red meat and pork that I don't know how to give as finger food so I need to blend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I never use that one. I use aromababy or Weleda cream. We never really have nappy rash before. So this is first time. She's sleeping well still. Last night she screamed around 9 pm. A quick cuddle and she went back to bed until 6.45 am. On our worst night so far she woke up screaming 3-4 times but generally very easy to put back to sleep. Having said that I still need to wake up lol. Yeah anything more than twice i am tired too. I am on 3 coffees a day now. So bad. I need to cut back to 1 soon. I want to get my body ready in the next few months to try again.

Zucchini is very watery. Maybe try cauliflower instead. I made mac and cheese last night. She loves cheese. But wanted to feed herself. Haha half on the floor. Quarter on her chair and clothes and quarter actually eaten.

What fish do you give DS? I make egg custard with mince pork but that's not finger food. With beef, can you make meatball? Some onion, beef mince, pork mince, carrot, breadcrumb, some herb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - that's good she's still sleeping well. Sleep deprivation is what makes it hard. If he catnaps during the day it's such a tough day.

I didn't know they could have onion and garlic at this age? Thot it wouldn't be good for their tummies. Haha yeh when they feed themselves it goes everywhere. Although ds is pretty good now. Gets about 80% in. I give ds mainly salmon and sometime prawn. I find making those mince things and cooking them more effort than just steaming and tearing it up for him.

Wow trying again soon! That's exciting minib! I don't drink coffee but yeh try cut back to 1 a day if you can. Have you guys got a month you are thinking to start trying? How many frosties do you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    quick reply. at work. I just bought a bethapen (as first aid at home) and Dh uncle commented that it is good for nappy rash! It has wool oil in it apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati oh garlic and onion are fine. They add flavour. They pretty much can eat anything now even chilli. Obviously not honey yet and not raw fish etc.

Your DS is so good with self feeding. My DD doesn't love prawn.

We are thinking when our DD is one year old so December. But I probably need 2-3 months to get myself in a ready mode ie reduce coffee and wine intake. Wine will be easy. Coffee will be hard. I have 3 frosties left so hopefully dot need another stim cycle.

Hm maybe I should get bethapen too. Aromababy seems to work very well. Nappy rash is so much better today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone thinking about second baby yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how do you use bepanthen for first aid? @Minib - you can give it a go. We've never had nappy rash using it but even if I feel his bum is getting a little red a use this special one our cousin got us from a chemist in Essendon they make themselves? That is so expensive but clears it right up first time. It's about $26 for a small tub tho so I only use it when his bum is getting red. I haven't really had to use it when on bepanthen tho.

Ok I'm going to try onion and garlic. I'm actually getting to that point where I'm just going to feed ds what we eat for dinner. We don't add that much flavour to our food so 80% of the time I think he can have it.

Fingers crossed you won't have to do another stim. Good odds there with 3 frosties I'm not ready for a second yet. I'm going to wait until ds is 1.5 yo. If we have two I won't really be able to work, it'll be so much work to look after two I don't know if emotionally I can handle it, we'll need a bigger house and I'm not sure we can afford private school for two. Just seems a bit too much for us to handle right now. Just don't know if I'll be up for it. We are pretty happy with just one for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati what's the nappy rash cream called? Which chemist? Aromababy barrier cream isn't cheap as well. $33 for 100g tub.

Yeah I try to cook family dinner to be honest. But when mum cooks, it's not really appropriate for DD. Too much oil, salt, seasoning and chilli. My cooking is fine as I cook simple meal that suits DD too.

Private school fees are so expensive. Are you thinking of putting DS into private from primary? We are thinking more year 5/7.

Haha I was thinking 2 would mean I have no time to do anything else for a while. But I would love 2 year age gap ideally.