+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 woohoo movement!!! It's hard to feel the movement when you are busy during the day. But when you relax at night you might feel it more. If not have a glass of cold water and you should feel some movement. How exciting! I get it. I wanted to give natural labour a go without epi too. I resisted epi as long as I can but in the end I couldn't get through hours without pain relief.
    @Gelati I can see a bit of teeth over the gum. Only a tiny bit though. Like maybe 1-2mm? I always thought I'll see big teeth straight away but of course they need to grow more lol. But I think she has a cold too. She's grumpy again today. Won't have dinner too. I gave her panadol about 30 mins before her last bottle and she was so happy when it kicked in. She wanted to party! Hopefully she sleeps better tonight. She woke up a few times last night. How did your presentation go today? Wow 5 teeth! That's rough. Hopefully all 5 cut through soon.

No I didn't cook the carrot first. I just chopped them very very finely. I should have just used the food processor instead of manually chopping for ages haha.

DD doesn't mind tummy time but def prefer sitting up. Less work I guess.
    @bbhope teething is quite intense for them. Must be painful. People have told me crawling is good. It teach them to feel things and really maximise their sensory skills. But a lot of babies don't crawl and just walk straight away. I think when they want to walk they can't be stopped. It will be very frustrating for your DS if you don't let him walk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tanej78 - yay movement. Dh would have loved that it happened when he was on the phone. Bub must have kicked cos she heard daddy's voice. Oh yeh understand you wanting to try natural. I hope you haves quick labour like your mum. Acupuncturist will help I think. Did you feel anything today? If you lie flat on your back you may be more likely to feel it.

@bbhope ds is the same! Drags his leg and crawls on elbows rather than using hands. Recently he's started using hands a bit more but yeh it's weird. Not normal crawling. I didn't know skipping steps was an issue. I think every baby is different.

Ds has a fever tonight. Think it's teething poor little man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I'm going to try blend meat and veggies and fry some chicken fingers hehe. I'll fry in some coconut oil.
    He's already had 3 cut through in the last 2 weeks and now just waiting for the last 2. I think that's it, haven't seen anymore. When you say some white over the gum so you mean the teeth have cut through now? Ds's bottom left tooth seems a bit crooked. He keeps licking them, I wonder if that effects how straight they are?

Presentation went well I think. I did pause as forgot a line but luckily remember in time without it looking too embarrassing. Brain doesn't work very well now that ds wakes me in the night. Sleep deprivation - fun times as a working mum. How are you finding work? I find I can't get enough work done in 3 days and I'm really working full on. No time to eat! Back when I did 5 days I remember chatting, chilling out but now with 3 days I've got no time for anything. Heads down working hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: I can't imagine 5 teeth at the same time! One is already causing some much grief for DS. He is back to sleeping with us in the last two nights. It is a bit of a mix this time around with this tooth. Last time it was a solid unbearable fussiness. We just have bad time every now and the. DH got very upset with him last night because he didn't think it was teething pain. I reckon it must be something that's bothering him. Otherwise, he wouldn't be waking up demanding attention. Yes, DS also gets one off fever whenever he is teething. He had that on Tuesday. He is having a mild cold at the moment. I really hope that he doesn't get what I am having. I was feeling unwell fri night with sore throat and headache. I didn't think of it much and continue Taking care of DS all night long (my turn in night watch). Finally good weather on Saturday so brought DS out despite the headache and sore through didn't go away. When we got home, I kinda decided to take a nap and hope the headache went away. Nope. Apparently i was having a high fever. This headache lasted 1.5 days! A record for me. I really hope that DS doesn't get it from me --- he was quite unsettled and vomited twice after dinner. Bath him 3x! The first time had to get him up on the change table or else he would choke!
    @Minib: don't know how to make chicken finger. I was trying to make fish cake. Failed. It is more like mash with fish. Everything just blend together. Sigh. No finger food for him. Well, not that it matters. He vomited all out in the end. I just realise that he doesn't seem to chew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: same here. When I went back full time, I found that I was a lot more relax. I had lunch in the lounge with colleagues. Now, I just eat lunch on my desk. After chatting with the boss, due to my contract, I think it is better off for me staying working part time. Contact can last a bit longer. It looks like I won't going back full time anytime soon even if I want to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh poor you. Are you better now? It's a nasty cold going around atm. Took me 3 weeks to get over it. Ds didn't have it as bad. Does dh get angry a lot when ds isn't sleeping well? Sleep deprivation is so hard. Ds had a shocking night last night. Can't even count how many time he was up. 4th tooth has cut through so must be the last tooth? No idea. I can see white on either side of the top 2 but not sure if they are close to coming out. Could be awhile away. Which tooth is coming out for ds?

I don't think I can go back full time. Do you want to go back full time? Not enough bonding time with ds. I won't consider full time for another 6 months and even then maybe at most I'll go back 4 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: headache has gone today but throat is still hurt. DS is full on with his cold now. I am afraid that i passed it to him but he has a completely different synthom than me. I hope he doesn't get the 48 hrs headache that i had. It was awful. Panadol didn't even help with that headache. He is coughing non stop atm. I am about to go on a week business trip so i really hope that he isn't as sick as before. You know, the pneumonia scares me to date! Feel guilty about leaving him behind but he will get sick non stop from childcare.

Yes, DH can't handle sleep deprivation. Lucky him who didn't have to encounter sleep deprivation much in his life in the past! I had that so many times. As i said, compared to what i had for the first 4 months of DS life, the sleep problem is not as severe. I know that it will end at some stage. it is very situational. Like teething or mastered a new skill. DS had two bad nights in a roll now. I don't expect him to sleep much tongiht either given how much he is coughing.

DS second upper tooth is coming out any time soon. The first upper tooth cut through two weeks ago.

Yes, i want to go back 4x a week first. Not a choice at the moment because daycare can't give me tuesday. I don't want monday because i go to playgroup with DS. After his first birthday, i will evaluate if the playgroup is still worth going. I am hoping i would meet few mothers who are willing to meet outside of playgroup. Then, I would want going back full time. Of course, there are many factors, such as if daycare can give me another 2 days. On the other hand, it is out of the questions for another 6 months if i want my contract to last longer to minimise a gap between a potential new contract.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati did you end up making chicken fingers? Did DS like it? My dd's bottom two have cut through properly. I could actually see quite a lot of teeth now. The upper two won't cut through for a few weeks I think. Can't see any teeth under the gum yet. But gosh she's been fussy with food. Keep blowing the food out or refusing to eat. Dinner is he worst meal to feed her. Keep pushing the food away and shaking her head then cry.

I don't think licking the teeth can make it crooked. Or can it?

3 days is better than 2. That's what I found so far. I started with 2 and now doing 3. I got a lot more done and don't feel like I need to catch up all the time. Having said that I still log in when I'm not at work, trying to stay on top of my email. Haha I don't have lunch break for sure. I eat at my desk. I get takeaway coffee unless I'm having a coffee meeting. The other challenge working part time is my team wants to talk to me when I'm in the office. So I find myself going from one meeting to another and only start reading email at 3 pm. I leave work at 4-4.30 then work from home if needed.
    @bbhope 48 hour headache sounds painful. I hope your DS doesn't have that. How did you make the fish cake? Just wondering where it failed.

I am going back full time in a few months. At the time it sounded fine but now I'm really struggling with the thought of not seeing her much. I don't think I'll last. I did think about doing full time, fall pregnant, have a baby, mat leave and then only work part time with 2 kids for the next few years.

Teething seems to be a pain! Really mucking up appetite and sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh do your sons have more poop with teething? My DD has 4 poos today. She's had 3 poos most days in the last 1.5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh no poor ds. How is he today? The pneumonia is very scary. What were the symptoms last time that he has pneumonia other than results of X-ray? Was I high temperature or was it lots of coughing with phlegm? Ds has a cough and always sounds like he has phlegm first thing in the morning but I've never thought about getting an X-ray to rule out pneumonia. The gp did listen to his chest awhile ago when I got really sick and ds got a bit sick but said he can't hear pneumonia. But you know how reliable gp's can be 😔
    Good to hear you are staying optimistic about the sleep deprivation. Must be such a big improvement to what it used to be. Whereas for us it's worse than newborn times. Woke up 4 times between 3-6am!

@Minib - yay teeth have cut through. I know teething and being sick really mess with our schedule too. Not good when they won't eat. Ds does that. But only when we feed him. If he feeds himself he's fine. So not sure if fussiness is due to teeth or if he's sick of the mashed food we need to feed him and likes finger food more cos there's more variation. He likes the chicken fingers but when I tasted it I thot it tasted pretty yuk. I used breadcrumbs and so it just tastes like bread with pumpkin. Can't really taste chicken or other veggies. Thot it was pretty yuk but ds seemed to like it lol.
    Guess what ds has 6 teeth come through not 5. Two on either side of the top two teeth are coming out. So 2 bottom and 2 top have cut through in the last two weeks and tooth #5&6 I think have cut through today. It's hard to check cos ds won't let me feel and I can't be sure if I'm just feeling the top two or the ones on either side of top two. From looking it seems like 5&6 have cut through too but can't be sure. Poor ds, 6 all at once.

I think teething has caused more poos. Used to be1-2 per day but now 3-4 per day. Also some of the poo's are a bit more liquid than the normal solid poo's. Eek so much poo talk.