+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Being induced makes perfect sense then @Tanej78

Epi is good and bad but the pain is intense without pain relief!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @tanje78 - yeh once you start feeling movement it'll hopefully settle your anxiety. I started feeling elastic band flicking type feelings around 20 week mark. Hopefully you feel her move soon what are the risks with clexane?

@Minib - oh no sounds like teething to me. If she has a runny nose she might also have a cold? But def teething I would say. Can you see any white under the gums? Ds's first top tooth cut through yesterday and he slept through last night hopefully tonight will be just as good as I have a big presentation at work tmr. Dh is looking after him overnight tonight if he wakes crying. He's got 2 more up the top coming through so a few rough nights ahead I think. 5 all at once - poor guy! Could be more but I can def see 5.

Those chicken finger sound yum! Do you cook the carrot first? Or is it blended really fine? Sounds like a great idea tho. I might try make some myself. He's really getting sick off the blended stuff I make and wants finger food. It's hard for breakfast tho. Cos I need to feed the oats. He could just have finger food fruit but I need to steam the apple which takes a bit of effort. I like him to have apple.

I have given ds soup yet. Not sure if he'd like it. I have him a chicken drumstick the other day. Made sure there weren't any small bones and just a bit of meat on there. He sucked and ate away happily. Need to monitor them closely tho.

Oh more tummy time for dd, makes sense I suppose. Does she like tummy time? Ds doesn't use his legs enough so they aren't very strong. He's 9.5 mths already. Yeh bbhope sounds like ds is a risk taker I think our ds is in between. Sometimes takes risks especially if it's to get to something he wants, but other times thinks before doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It also helps ease my anxiety a little having a bit of control over knowing when she will be here...

I've to'd and fro'd between planned induce or c section ... But I think I want to give labor a crack ... Which prob sounds crazy but I really want the less clinical the better... If that makes any sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - oh yes I remember now my friend was on clexane due to a rare complication during ivf and ended up doing CS planned but went GA. I think she wanted to cos she was scared of being awake. Also her husband left her while she was pregnant (yes awful) so she didn't want to go through it alone. So I think GA was a choice. But sounds like planned Cs is a smart choice. Natural without having Epi as an option would be scary for me. I certainly needed the Epi and without it I might have had an emergency cs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati that's so sad
    Ultimately as long as she's earthside healthy it won't matter... But I'd like to try inducing and planning so I can stop the clexane the night before... My mum had fast labors so hoping I follow suit... My acupuncturist who I'm seeing every month will also try and make sure I'm ready when it comes to it

Sidenote I think I felt movement tonight for the first time while on the phone to DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: yeah half way point!!! 20w scan is exciting! I was off clexane at 20w and then on aspirin until 36w. Induced around 38w+. Is it necessary to be on clexane all the way through? Are you off pred now? Pred induced high glucose level for me. It didn't go away and i was officially diagnosed GD later. For induction, my OB wanted to do it after 38w. I don't think i could do it without epi. I felt the pain badly when my epi worn off the first time and they couldn't top it off fast enough for me. I asked a bit early when i felt the drug starting to wean off the second time. The contract is quite intense at the beginning for induction. Honestly, i didn't' regret the induction because i felt having a bit of control after what we went through.
    @Minib: ya, that sounds like teething. We had a bad night two nights ago with teething pain as well. 3am with an "emergency" dose of panadol. We gave him a dose of nuerofen before bed last night. he slept reasonably well. We did the same tonight. Hopefully, he sleeps ok....will see. I really have no idea why DS gum was super swollen last time. Might be infection? It doesnt look this swollen this time so hopefully this teething thing won't last for a week of screaming!

Oh....DS doesn't do the commando crawling until 9 months and only becomes a "pro" just a few days ago. Daycare pushed for it. The robot vacuum also gives him a lot of practice these days! So funny to watch.

DS is certainly a risk taker. He is still very wobbling while standing but he just wants to do it. He also likes to touch everything and anything! Putting Into his mouth, of course. we have to watch him carefully. My bro got stuck by a scorpion because he touched everything as well. I assume DS is skipping the proper crawling stage. I wasn't concerned until two moms i know saying crawling is an important step and i must teach him how to do it. Something about learning (coordination) disabilities. BUT then i read online that it isn't scientifically proven. Other moms on another BH group also reassure me that there isn't anything wrong of skipping the proper crawling. Just let the babies do what they want......
    @Gelati: my goodness. 5?!? Poor bubba. DS drags left leg while he commando crawls. He still seems weak with his arms as well. He always put one of his arm underneath in front of his chest. And mainly use one arm to propel. DS has strong legs but he can't balance well just yet. He is a pro jumping in the jumparoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: just saw your update when i posted mine. Super excited with the movement! Just go with the flow for now. If bub is breach, CS is the only choice. DS was breach until a lot later......luckily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yep haematologist that OB referred me to for 2nd opinion on clexane has said I stay on it til 6weeks post baby... I'm almost off the pred now just waiting for follow up blood test results w Dr M on the markers.

Oh it was so awesome to feel it while talking to DH he feels so separated... It does have me 2nd guessing myself today haha coz I want to feel it again... But I've had such a crazy morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: quick reply. Be aware that glucose level won't be accurate when you are on pred to do the testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yea both the OB and haematologist suggested i would b higher risk of GD positive