+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati your DS is getting heaps of finger food. No wonder he's so good at it. I will need to step up the finger food more.

What cheese do you give DS? Some cheese can be salty. My DD loves cheese. I give her Bega tasty, bega stringers, laughing cow and jarslberg.

When my cook dinner for us it's always Asian food and can't self feed. It's always rice and something. I now understand why Asian children generally can't self feed for a long time. The type of food isn't ideal to practise self feeding.

I have never given her banana as finger food. Not sure why. I will try tomorrow morning. I have try given her blueberry to self feed but she can't quite coordinate small things like blueberry yet.

When you cook beef or lamb, do you cook well done or still slightly pink? I know what you mean about ordering food to share. I have to order scrambled eggs now even though I like poached egg more. At least eating out is easier when I don't have to carry few different container of food.

I didn't know they can eat salad yet. My husband would be very happy to hear that. He loves salad.

DD loves soft toys when she's winding down. For active play, she likes shape sorter (can't play it properly yet though), drum, anything that makes noise. We don't have books that light up. Is it vtech books? I recently bought a few lift the flap books and she just wants to rip the flap off lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - what kind of Asian food do you cook? You can always cook and take her food out then add flavour. Unless it's minced meat, or where flavour is full infused you can give it to them. Like a stir fry, just add flavour after. If you are marinating meat, you can just give the middle but that doesn't have much of the flavour. It might mean you need to steam some veggies additionally but you could pre cut some veggies for a few days and then you just grab them and steam as you need. You can also give rice as finger food. Just mix it in with the veggies and meat and dd will just grab and stuff it in her mouth. Hehe yeh precision of grabbing small bits of food is hard but there is only one way they will learn. Ds gets frustrated and sometimes whacks the food or throws it as it's stuck on his fingers but he can't get it in the mouth. But he's already getting better and instead of grabbing like a fist he uses his index finger and thumb to pick up. It's a fun way for them to develop fine motor skills. And it means they eat their food as well.

I just use the same cheese we use in our sandwiches m. Bega or coon tasty (non light) sounds like you're giving a good variety of cheeses.

With banana just make sure you cut into small pieces. Haha yeh no more poached. I like that too. No the meat I give ds is well done. Never pink. As for salad, the most important thing is making sure it's clean. So I would never give salad from places that feel a bit dodgy. I've not given it that often but sometimes at those nice brunch places. Like I had a pulled lamb salad and it had spinach, fancy lettuce leaf that was cut into small pieces and quinoa. The dressing was lemon juice and olive oil. That was a good one for
    Ds cos he could have the salad and mean. But I had a salad at IKEA and I didn't give ds any of that. Instead he had the cooked salmon with mashed potato (loved it cos it had butter and salt - so tried not to give too much of it) and steamed broccoli and beans. But yeh I think if you are making a salad there's no reason why he can have some. Maybe not tomatoes as its too citrusy, but I would say spinach, lettuce - that would be fine. Maybe even cucumber?

When he gets a bit older he can just have a ham and cheese sandwich which a yoghurt etc. oh and ds sometimes gets fat chips. Just one or two. Hehe as a treat if we are having it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - that's great dd loves shaped. Ds just puts them in his mouth lol. I think the musical book was fisher price? It's a nursery song book. Oh yeh ds loves musical instruments too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems like a long catch up.
    @Gelati: I thought DS is pulling himself up?

DS doesn't have any interest in crawling or sitting for ages. Just when he managed to sit without support (us putting him up not him sitting up by himself), he wanted us to pull him in standing position all the time. Sometime even refused to sit. He has only managed to do the commado crawling in a fast pace few days ago. Then starting to pull himself up by the window. He can't pull himself up on other furniture just yet. The window is just the right height. I sat behind him all the time in case he lost balance but still let him sit down by himself.......he doesn't really know how to sit down gently from the standing position just yet. He just released the hands and hit on his butt hard on the floor (luckily carpet in the bedroom). Guess what? He missed the window sill by an inch when he sat back down! This time hitting the upper gum with a tiny blood! My goodness. This is only day 2 of standing up. I let him learn how to sit back down so didn't react enough to catch him.
    @Minib: DD is 7 months? If she is like my DS, she might learn all the physical in a short period of time. Just like Gelati said, perhaps they focus on different development at different time. Ya, we put a teddy bear in his cot now but it doesn't help settled him back to sleep. It only helps at the beginning of the night if he still wants to play. He loves soft toy. We teased him all the time with soft toys when we were at the supermarket. He would give a big smile and want to cuddle! I felt so mean not buying him one for a while. We bought one for him in the end, though.

As for food, I am pretty much running out of ideas. I only have time to prep his food during weekend. All into the freezer. If the weather is nice, we want to bring him out. On weekdays when i am not working, i can't really prep/cook because DS wants my 100% attention. I now cut the pumpkin, sweet potatoes etc in small pieces. In this case, i can choose to mash them or give as finger food. Finger food: banana, grape (cut and de-seed), toast, rice cracker, veges, pasta etc. Sometime i feel like DS doesn' chew, he just "inhales" the finger food. So i still prefer mash and feed him. Daycare does finger food first now. They are giving him food that i won't normally giive at home, though. Such as cake and sausage roll. Apparently, he likes them. He is certainly doing more at daycare than at home.

Thanks ladies for the suggestion last week. I don't have to skip lunch anymore. I took DS out for lunch two days in a roll. So much easier than dealing with a grumpy eater at home. I get to have a quick lunch as well. Win-win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still don't kow how to intro family food. I like to eat noodle soup with veges etc. Quick and easy. DH likes his bread and cheese which i don't think is healthy diet for a baby.

Edit: hahah.. @Gelati: ya, DS still puts everything into the mouth. He was trying to lick his jumper zipper! He has only shown a bit of interest in the books. I mean not put it in the mouth straight away. He loves things that's making sound. Same goes with the book. We found a "noisy farm" book from the aus post office the other day. It seems like they have a series. Different post office seems to have different ones. Worth a look. I'll try to get a few more making sound books when i travel oversea for work. Another popular series: that's not my.... I saw them at childcare as well. Different materials for them to touch. I bought it at big W on sale.
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-08-2016 at 23:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no poor ds. Not having a lot of luck. Luckily it wasn't a bad injury. I'm sure when ds starts standing we'll have a lot of accidents too. Currently the only accidents are when ds bangs his head when crawling which he doesn't really cry and hitting himself in the face with a toy which he sometimes cries. He pulls himself up only to get onto something (like his bouncer) or to reach something high up (like the couch). He doesn't do it to stand up or be on his knees. Sometimes he uses his knees and ends up halfway up or the other times he gets up on the couch with a little help from us. So he kinds stands then pulls himself up. So yeh not really interested in standing or being on his knees.

It's so hard to get stuff done at home with a baby isn't it? Esocially now he's on the move you kinda need to be there 100% of the time. I barely have time to do anything during the day. Only during his naps but most of the time I just want to take a time out.

You can cut up the noodles and veggies and meat in the soup and give that to ds as finger food ds got sick of finger good today and started hitting the bowl and food so I ended up finger feeding him. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: i am more worried that he would really hurt himself at daycare. And next round of teething pain has begun last night. I sort of know that it is coming given that he had his teething fever yesterday afternoon -- no other symptoms but an one off fever. He has been an unhappy baby since.

Same here. When DS is taking his nap, i just want time out. Weather has been so crappy here. DS was kinda stuck at home with me in the last two days. I took him out for a short walk on the pram and ended up super wet. Luckily, DS was covered in blanket, only his face got some rain. Funny enough that he got SUPER EXCITED. Haha...like he has never gotten wet in the rain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @bbhope. Sounds like ds likes water. Yeh that's my worry about Childcare too. I guess we just have to
    Have faith that they will look after them. They do have lots of fun there tho.

Oh what a cooncidence we had a horrible night. Ds up 5 times all before 1:30am. Then he slept through but I'm still so tired. I think ds has 3 coming out on top. Must be painful. No wonder ds has been so upset. 5 teeth coming out at the same time. No fever this time tho. Hope the teeth come out soon for both of us!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

Sorry been a bit MIA... Felt a bit anxious so kept off Bubhub...

17week OB went well... Little girl was looking great on the screen did my glucose test... So just waiting now for results... If all good I'll b coming off metformin

3 weeks now til next appointment and 20week scan, which DH will be home for this one ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - good to hear the scan went well and you're feeling better about it all. So nerve wrecking for us ivf girls isn't it? When do you get results for the glucose test? Wow 20 week scan will be half way. And a good one for dh to be there for. Hope she behaves for you and you get some great pictures! Xx