+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope it's not bad parenting! Your DS is learning to self feed at cc, that's good! After work it's quite chaotic to get through dinner, bath, bottle etc. if you get home early enough to do all these then it's great but I assume you get home about 6 pm so it's not a big window to do all these. Plus you have to cook dinner too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i don't know if it is bad for skipping step. I just realise that it takes longer for DS to master the skill. Eg sitting himself up. That's probably because he thinks we will "do it" for him. Few of my friends refused to put the their baby in sitting position if they can't (argument saying it isn't good for their back). On the other hand, I can't imagine waiting for DS to learn sitting up by himself. That means no solid for a LONG while given that he wasn't keen in sitting. After we came back from Europe, around 7 months, We kept putting him in the sitting position and he eventually stopped sliding down and got interested in sitting. Same goes with the standing. I am sure that daycare helps with his physical development as well. Grr....he was standing, lost balance, fell and hit his mouth this morning with a lot of blood coming out!!! It was 10mins of big cry.

Yea, he is doing fine with finger food at daycare. We just don't have much time in the evening. Got home well past 6pm, freezer premade food for him and then bath. Bed by 7ish. Then only we made simple dinner for ourselves. I still don't see intro family food anytime soon. He is still on a very different diet than us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aw how cute @bbhope. Peeking out the window looking for you guys? Oh I was hoping number 2 formula would cause a little constipation. Lol. Ds used to only go once a day when only on formula but ever since solids he goes 2-3 times a day! But same on follow on formula.

@Minib - sounds like dd is getting the lots of vitamins I wouldn't worry. Ds is going back to number 1 formula. Are you not happy with the five am? I just gave farmers Union cos that's what I used to eat and thot it sounded most natural. Lol.
    Bum shuffling sounds so cute! That's good she pushes food or bottle away. Ds shakes his head, then puts both hands up as if to say stop and then if you still persist he slaps it away and gives you a grease! Lol. What made you go back to 4 bottles? Ds is still on 3 bottles and varies between 550ml - 650ml per day.
    Does dd sleep through most nights now? Ds is still inconsistent. He slept through 3 nights in a row which was so nice but last night woke up twice. I never know why, maybe teething? I've given up trying to figure out *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: yes a bit surprised to see how frequent he poops on solid!! Today 5x!

I once read that babies change so much during the first 2 years, it is hard expecting them to be consistent with their sleep all the time. DS was a nightmare last week when he was teething. Everytime he learns something new, sleep goes out the window. He is back to sleeping through again this week. His second upper tooth is going to come out in a week or two. So we will brace ourselves for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh no I just read about ds hitting himself that sounds horrible poor little guy. Was it a big cut? Poor thing, once they start standing and walking it becomes quite dangerous.

I think you do whatever works for you especially when working time is so precious. We let ds feed himself because it allows us to eat. He wears a smock so he doesn't really get that messy and he actually gets about 80% in. I also hand feed him as I'm eating as well. Give him a hand. The dog eats everything that falls on the floor. Lol. We don't bath him everyday and I have my mum help out on my work days. I'm sure otherwise I'd be very tired and stress. You are doing amazing without grandparents to help out while working. I am so busy even with grandparents. I have about an hr to relax at night.

Oh yeh brace yourself. I think it is teething pain making ds not sleep through. I'm glad to hear ds is sleeping through for you, makes a huge difference esp when ur working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: He bit his tongue or cut his tongue. it was blood everywhere on DH sweater. well parents probably always feel worse than it actually is. Ya, I bet daycare doesn't pay so much attention. He got a blacked eyes last week. I bet it was from him trying to pull himself up but unsuccessful. I guess that's the way they learned. Now, DS doesn't know how to get down after standing up! Is DS crushing yet? I wonder how long it will take. It needs to learn the balance first. DS is still very wobbling standing.

Yes, we feel very lucky that DS finally sleeps through after figuring out how to put the dummy back in. Just in time when we both going back work. He would stir and whine but it didn't require us to get up most of the time. Last week was bad but it wasn't as bad as the first 7 months in term of sleep. He just wanted comfort and slept with us. I met a lot of dedicated breastfeeding moms still doing night feed around ds age. As much as I like bonding with DS, I can't imagine myself doing the night feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no poor thing. But you're right it's probably harder on us parents than on them. I feel so protective of him, even if he doesn't cry after hitting his head I just want to jump and save him. But I try not to because I know it's not good for him to over protect him especially if he's not even crying and doesn't care.

Ds is not standing or walking yet and nowhere close. Not even up on his knees yet. Oh well he'll do it when he's ready. When he starts walking I won't be able to do anything. Will just need to run around with him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. Will need to put up barriers as we have Windows that go down to the floor.

Yeh lucky ds knows how to do that. Our son doesn't know how to do that. But he's different he doesn't need the dummy to fall asleep. And he doesn't sleep with the dummy in his mouth but if he wakes up throughout the night we need to give him a dummy to settle him.

I thought I would miss breastfeeding but honestly I'm so happy I no longer breastfeed or do night feeds. Thank god! Bottle works best for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @bbhope poor bubba. Is he ok now? It's so hard seeing them hurting themselves. I could imagine the cry. Poor bubba.

There isn't much time for you guys then between home and bed. I would just do whatever to get through the night. Honestly I only try to do finger food when I'm not working. On my work days, it's just feeding whatever my mum cooks for her which is usually stir fry veg and meat. I try to cook the same food but it's quite limited too. Tonight I just freeze some chicken fingers so I can easily pan fry them and steam some veg for dinner. What do you cook for DS?

Anyone else running out of ideas what to cook for the bubbas? I'm seriously running out of ideas. My DD isn't getting s lot of practise with finger food since I'm back at work. Mum doesn't do finger food. She can't be bothered. It's always congee with fish or veg. If you have good ideas for finger food please share. I've made chicken and quinoa nugget, chicken carrot and corn and parsley strip, chicken schnitzel, steam veg. Want to try cauliflower nugget, fish finger. What else should I try?
    @Gelati I'm happy with five am. DD is too. Was just wondering if that's healthy or good enough. Haha your DS is funny. He knows how to say no with his look! Oh I reduced to 3 bottles and she was fine for 3 days. Then on day 4, she cried and grizzled around 4 pm. Doesn't want yoghurt, cheese and wanting water cos she thought it's milk but cracked it when realised its not milk. So I gave her the bottle and back to a happy girl.

Well today she finished all 4 bottles so I'm happy with that.

DD sleeps through most nights. She woke up a few times about 3 weeks ago but is ok again now. I know sometimes she wakes during the night but doesn't call out for us. She is happy to just chat to her bunny then fall asleep again. I swear that bunny is a god send for us. It's a sleeping aid but I don't care. I just need to wash bunny regularly as it can smell like my DD haha.

I've also given up figuring sleep pattern. I used to worry she might wake but now if she wakes I just cuddle her. She doesn't need my cuddles much during the night so it's not like I need to wake every night.

We are still in the process of seeing the 2 bottom teeth. I could see the tip but that's about it. Soooooo slow!!!

And yes I don't miss breastfeeding too haha. Now I can't understand why I persist for so long haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have stairs so need to baby proof too. DD isn't crawling yet though so we have time. I feel like my dd's development is slow. I think she's lazy haha. But I'm not concerned. My hubby keeps saying she will be patience then. Uumm I hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @Minib I know! What made us persist so long? Ds isn't on breastmilk and seems to fight off colds just fine and his poo is regular. Maybe it's important when their gut is still
    Immature tho. Maybe they are strong now because we persisted with breastmilk for 6 months. Who knows. Either way I don't miss it for sure!

Oh you're lucky she sleeps through most nights. Luckily for that bunny! Ds doesn't really take to soft toys. I was open to whatever toys he wants - dolls if he wants, but he's such a boy. Doesn't like any soft toys or dolls but loves cars, balls and blocks. He also loves books especially the ones that light up and make noise but the soft toy that makes noise gets chucked the the side. Anyways I don't know why some nights he sleeps through and others he doesn't. No idea. I don't think it's diet related. Just need to hope he grows out of it.

We are lucky that ds isn't a fussy eater so I just make sure he gets enough protein and veggies or fruit and I just make the same things. Sounds like dd has a very broad menu there, you are very creative! I think there are books you can buy with recipes for babies. With ds breakfast is usually banana and apple with some form of carb like oats or toast. Sometimes i give him cut up banana and steamed apple for finger food. Other times I just feed him and tear up toast with cheese/avocado/vegemite/peanut butter and that's his finger food. Lunch now is some sort of finger food. Scrambled eggs with veggies, torn up meat or salmon with steamed veggies (broccoli/cauliflower/zucchini/pumpkin/potato/sweet potato/ green beans). If we're out he just has what we're having so I just order my food accordingly. He might have torn up chicken if I have a roast chicken or if I have a slow cooked lamb or beef he can have that. I give him bits of my veggies or salad. It does mean I have to get steamed veggies and nothing with lots of flavour like msg. I might get a salmon or fish dish and mash the veggies once with a fork and then he gets finger food. For dinner he either gets the pre cooked stuff which is slightly blended but I have to feed him that. If he won't eat it I just tear up our food or if I can't I steam him his own veggies and will give him either a boiled egg or I will pan fry some meat and tear it up for him. I'm now thinking of buy really thinly sliced lamb or beef that way I can just tear it up easily after cooking.
    For snacks I give either fruit and yoghurt but I have to feed that. Finger food I give toast with some topping or cut up fruit like strawberries or banana, crackers, torn up pieces of cheese. Anyways I've rambled on enough you get the jist lol. I def don't go all out cooking for him. I just make sure he gets the essential protein and vitamins.