+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are still on formula number 1. It said to switch after 6 months but we didn't. My MCHN said there's no need to switch. DD is on nan optipro ha 1.
    @Gelati can he roll back himself to his back? It will pass. DD did that a few weeks ago. Won't stop rolling to her tummy and then cries. After a few days she learned to roll back herself or just sleep on her tummy sometimes. She now sleeps on her side a lot too. To be honest, she moves a lot in her sleep. She can do a whole 360 degree turn. She can go sideway, back, to her tummy then back to her back lol. Sometimes she wakes herself up.
    @bbhope yay! Good work DS. So much easier with a happy baby. When they are grumpy it's so hard.

Oh wow did you move the baby monitor? My DD isn't crawling. She kinda does bum shuffle to move herself. Not sure why she won't just learn to crawl lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope good to hear ds is back to his happy self. Much better for bubs and mummy/daddy. Haha grand tour of the cot, that's what ds did! I had to put him back in a sleeping bag. Yeh I guess he must have mild allergy to milk protein. But he doesn't seem to have problem with yoghurt, cheese or milk. Tho today I went overboard with dairy, he had lots of cheese with bread and yoghurt and then eggs for dinner. He no longer lets me feed him (today was the first day he pretty much refused to eat) so I resorted to making whatever was left in the fridge. And he poo'd 5 times today! Eek! Hope he doesn't have a stomach bug again. Or maybe it could be all the dairy. I started giving 1 bottle of the 2 per day and so far no hives.

@Minib why did mhn say you don't need to? I compared the ingredients and 2 seemed to have less fat but more vitamins.
    Ds is not rolling anymore now that he's back home. He learnt it at my mums. I think it's because she always put him down when he wasn't tired. But I also know it's something we have to go through. He doesn't know how to roll back and ends up either sleeping on his tummy or sleeps on his side. So weird seeing him sleep on his side like an adult. lol.
    Is dd onto her knees now? Like going back and forth on her knees? Ds doesn't do that, he still just goes commando crawling. It's almost as if he missed that step lol

@bbhope - yay ds can stand! Big milestone for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just googled how to encourage crawling. And I realised it's very early days for us still. She does bum shuffling but slowly. She doesn't rock back and forth on her knees yet. I think she's not crawling anytime soon. Oh sometimes she's on her tummy and pushes herself backwards. Doesn't do commando crawling either. She only knows how to go backwards on her tummy.

I can't remember why MCHN told me no need to switch to number 2. I'll ask her when I see her next week. Have our 8 month appointment next week. I vaguely remember telling her months ago that Emily's poo wasn't regular so she said no need to switch to no 2 formula. I think it can cause constipation? I'm cautious about giving plenty of iron to DD but she needs the iron so I still feed her spinach, beef etc.

I know how weird is it for baby to sleep on the side like an adult. I don't sleep on the side. I sleep on my back. The only way I know how to sleep well lol.

Which yoghurt do you feed DS @Gelati? Is DS only down to 2 bottles now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Imagine if my MCHN tell me I should have switched to formula no 2. Eeks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont' think it is necessary switching to formula 2. I read a lot of babies having tummy problem with the switch due to the different ratio. Constipation being the main problem, i heard. DS poops a lot when on solid. Sometime up to 5x a day. He eats a lot so i assume what goes in must come out! It looks normal so i ain't worried. DS is still drinking 3 bottles a day. Happy to do that since he doesn't drink much water.

DS loves to sleep on his side. The first thing he does is rolling to his side when we put him down. With rolling, i find that it is such a big milestone for them. @Minib: DS also started commado crawl backward. The transition between backward to forward is pretty quick. When you mentioned that DD was turning 360degree, it isn't too far off from crawling/commando crawling. DS did that a week or so. He loves standing but he can't pull himself up. Grr...afraid that he is skipping step again like sitting. He can sit up by himself now but it an awkward way -- crawling backward and then sit up. He is commando crawl everywhere in the house now so it is time to child proof........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib I wouldn't worry about switching to 2 either. I've heard it's not necessary but my mum got to me. Kept telling me to. I was told if they are on solids they will get the additional vitmains from that. Ds is now mainly self feeding now. Won't let me feed him😋
    What is bum shuffling?
    I use farmers Union full cream Greek yoghurt. Strawberries are coming into season - ds had his first strawberry today and loved it 👍

@bbhope - sounds like ds is making good progress. He will be walking soon - def time to baby proof. We have baby proofed drawers and doors so far
    Our son still not making huge physical leaps. Think he is developing mental. Feeding himself and recently sometimes feeds me. Learning to use a spoon too. He now plays peek a boo. Goes behind the couch and peeks out then hides again so cute. Recently he has also learnt to shake his head when he doesn't want something!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: ya, before DS knows how to stretch himself forward into the commando position, he was sorta stuck when in sitting position. He would do butt shuffling to move himself. Very funny.
    @Gelati: i reckon babies learn the development in different stages. For a while, he was all about language. Mimic everything we said. Nothing physical. I was getting so worried that he has low muscle tone to do the physical development. As i mentioned, daycare even asked about crawling when he turned 9 months. Only the last month , he started to learn commando crawl, sit up, leaning forward, jumping (on the jumparoo) etc. DS wants to self feed but we didn't want to let him do it. I know bad parenting......we will just let daycare deal with it. It is all about getting through the evening these days. He is now like a cat/dog standing by the window and peeking out. Haha..that's good about shaking his head. DS just cries!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's exactly why I didn't want to switch. I'm worried about constipation. I would like to think my DD has healthy diet and hopefully gets vitamin from the food. Breakfast is weetbix and blueberries or banana with full cream milk. Lunch is cheese avo sandwich and fruit or congee with mixed veg incl spinach and fruit. I used to give her snack in the arvo like yoghurt or cheese but now she's back on bottle instead. Dinner is fish or meat with mixed veg. She's on 4 bottles a day again. It was 3 but now back to 4. Although yesterday she didn't finish any of her bottles. She usually has about 600ml but yesterday only 320ml. Last night she only had about 40ml for her last bottle. I thought surely she would wake up hungry in the middle of the night but nothing. This morning she finished her bottle with a lot of joy lol. Maybe she was just feeling off yesterday.

Water wise she probably has about 40ml a day. Not that much I guess?

Haha same. My DD does that too now. Rolls to her side and say hello to her bed friends. She's been doing 360 degree turn for a while though. Weeks. Maybe months.

Is it a problem if they skip certain things? I didn't realise that. My DD can't sit up by herself yet. I could see her trying but then she just roll sideway and goes on her tummy instead.
    @Gelati she uses her bum and legs to move in a sitting position. That's how she moves around. If I put her on tummy she pushes backwards instead.

I will give that yogurt a go. I give her 5 am natural full cream yoghurt. My DD loves berries esp blueberries. Although she wasn't that keen on raspberry. Too tart I think

Oh wow feeding himself is awesome. That's a good fine motor skill. And playing peekaboo too. My DD hasn't done any of those. I actually don't know what milestones she should be hitting so I always assume she's ok until someone asks me and I start googling haha.

The one good thing my DD has mastered is pushing food or bottle away if she's had enough. Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's exactly why I didn't want to switch. I'm worried about constipation. I would like to think my DD has healthy diet and hopefully gets vitamin from the food. Breakfast is weetbix and blueberries or banana with full cream milk. Lunch is cheese avo sandwich and fruit or congee with mixed veg incl spinach and fruit. I used to give her snack in the arvo like yoghurt or cheese but now she's back on bottle instead. Dinner is fish or meat with mixed veg. She's on 4 bottles a day again. It was 3 but now back to 4. Although yesterday she didn't finish any of her bottles. She usually has about 600ml but yesterday only 320ml. Last night she only had about 40ml for her last bottle. I thought surely she would wake up hungry in the middle of the night but nothing. This morning she finished her bottle with a lot of joy lol. Maybe she was just feeling off yesterday.

Haha same. My DD does that too now. Rolls to her side and say hello to her bed friends. She's been doing 360 degree turn for a while though. Weeks. Maybe months.

Is it a problem if they skip certain things? I didn't realise that. My DD can't sit up by herself yet. I could see her trying but then she just roll sideway and goes on her tummy instead.
    @Gelati she uses her bum and legs to move in a sitting position. That's how she moves around. If I put her on tummy she pushes backwards instead.

I will give that yogurt a go. I give her 5 am natural full cream yoghurt. My DD loves berries esp blueberries. Although she wasn't that keen on raspberry. Too tart I think

Oh wow feeding himself is awesome. That's a good fine motor skill. And playing peekaboo too. My DD hasn't done any of those. I actually don't know what milestones she should be hitting so I always assume she's ok until someone asks me and I start googling haha.

The one good thing my DD has mastered is pushing food or bottle away if she's had enough. Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews