Closed Thread
Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope after a couple more catch ups maybe you should ask her what she does during the day. My MG would welcome a new member joining in but after a few months it is harder I agree. Some women have formed friendships. I know some mums have a separate catch ups now. Smaller group. The big MG is weekly and sometimes it can be too big. How about taking DS to gymbaroo or mini maestro? You could also meet other mums there.

I feel frustrated @bbhope that I couldn't get everything done being only a part timer. I still try to do a full time job in my part time hours. My boss was the one that pointed the only person putting pressure on me is myself. He's a great boss isn't he?

Yeah it's nice to have family around. My husbands family doesn't help at all but mine does. There have been a couple of times I asked mum if I could drop off DD to sleep there for a couple of hours while I do some errand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being a stay home mum can be so isolating so I hope you find some new friends @bbhope. Hugs. Have you met any other parents from Childcare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: gymbaroo needs a term commitment. I was hoping it would take casual.

It sounds like an awsome boss. My boss doesnt care about our future. We are all contractors. Highly disposable. Being on part time, it really hard to get work done. I am also working at home some time but difficult because DS is sleeping less during the day now.

There isn't any social activities for mom at childcare to meet each other just yet. I chat with a friend back in the States. She suggested me to send invitation for DS birthday at the childcare in his room even though i don't know any of them. That way, i could potentially meet some of the parents. Well, i was just talking about not having anyone coming to his birthday party........i guess the desire to look for a mom is more to do for DS finding a playmate down the track than anything else. Sure, we really need to make friends outside of work!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's right gymbaroo needs a term commitment. You can't commit to a term? I think it will be nice to meet the same mums over a few weeks. I want to do gymbaroo or mini maestro but I want DD to sit up on her own first. So I'm thinking next term.

Can you work at night if needed? I do that sometimes although some nights I feel tired and just want to rest watching tv with a glass of wine.

Yeah birthday parties are good way to meet up other parents. Don't worry your DS will make friends from being at Childcare. My niece and nephew have a lot of friends from cc. They go to birthday parties a lot now. Your son will make friends don't worry. For now it's more about you making friends so you don't feel so isolated. How about a swim class? Or are you not committing anything for a term?

Is there anyone on bubhub that live near you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I was just reading up about FTB. Were you asking about FTB a or b? Both were income tested. My understanding based on what I read.
    A - Nil benefit if family taxable income is over $94,316
    B - Nil benefit if either you or DH (whoever the primary earner is ) earns more than $100k as taxable income.

Is that the same as what you thought?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, regarding FTB. I'm looking at FTB b. I don't even know how they define primary earner. I suspect the one earning the big money? I am confused about it because the online form says family income rather than individual.

I don't want to commit a term because I might go back full time in the near future -- waiting the childcare to give DS a spot. Also, DS gets sick a lot. I feel so wasted paying into childare while I am taking leave almost every other week. This will probably happen for gymbaroo, We need to budget really well with me now working part time and not having a job early next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, thinking about the swim class but the same problem with gymbaroo. DS has eczema so i am not sure pool water is too good for his skin at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm not too sure about the details but I suppose if your DH works full time then he's the primary earner? Not too sure. Can you visit Centrelink or call them to confirm? I hate calling them though. The wait time is always so long. I am yet to apply for cc benefit. Must do that soon.

Oh if you are going back full time soon then no point enrolling to gymbaroo because you can't make to some classes? I think you can organise make up class if you miss your normal class but still it only works if you don't work full time? It is annoying having to pay for cc while he's sick at home. I'm dreading DD being sick a lot too when she goes to cc.

Have you asked paed about eczema and pool water? A couple babies in my mg have eczema but they still go to the pool. They said so far it's ok. Just have to wash the pool water off and moisturise. We are yet to enrol DD in swim classes. I feel a bit unsure because it's so cold in winter and I don't want her to get ear infection. Apparently it can be common. Having said that I've taken her to the pool myself a few times just to get her familiar with water. We also shower her and pour a bucket of water over her head. I will enrol her in swim classes next term. It will be Spring so should be warmer and she's older as well. She would be about 9 months old then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know when i will be going back full time. I am waiting for childcare to give DS a spot on Tuesday. It will take a while as i was told that no movement at the moment. I should have known better from my experience with the previous childcare. Tuesday is a popular day. I should have chosen Tues-Thurs instead. Anyway, I'll just cherish the time with DS. He is sick again.

Yes, it is VERY cold here. We will try bringing him to the pool on weekend (with casual entry fee) and see how he likes it. I haven't asked pead about it.His eczema doesn't seem to go away unless we use the steroid cream. He still has cradle cap!

Oh...i am darn tired in the evening. I cant' get myself to think even if i want to work. TV or something is more relax. The time is just too short in the evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - yeh I can see that it must feel quite isolating without a mothers group to go to or some sort of group if you don't have many friends with kids of a similar age. Also your family isn't here so I can see why it would feel that way. I'm surprised the lady from mothers group was not keen on introducing someone new. Why could you get into a playgroup or mothers group again? Hopefully you do meet some new people soon. I know it can be hard to crack into a group tho especially if you only meet them once at a library thing etc. have you looked into Facebook? I have seen Facebook groups for mums in our local council area. Do a search and join one of them and get chatting and hopefully soon you'll get invited to something

@Minib - I can't believe you have the energy to work in the evenings. That would be the last thing I would want to do lol. But then ds doesn't go to bed as early as your dd. I've recently gotten back into cooking and baking again. But will be back at work soon so probably won't have time for any of that then! Haha