+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A quick one. @Gelati: i felt sad walking into a cafe yesterday afternoon with DS and saw a group of mothers chatting away with their bub. I have just started back to the playgroup. I feel awkward to ask any mom phone number when we only met the first time! I met a mom who just live down the street from us after many months of texting yesterday! Well, mainly because DS gets sick all the time and i didn't want to pass the germ given that her baby doesn't go to childcare. That's a good start. I reckon she has a lot of friends with baby because she doesn't go to playgroup or library sing along.

I would like to come back working 4x a week now because i have so much work to do but childcare doesn't have a vacancy on tuesday. I should have chosen Tues-Thurs last time knowing Tues is hard to get in. They can offer me Monday but that's DS playgroup. The purpose of me going back 3x a week is to bring him to the playgroup and in the hope of meeting other moms and find him some play dates in the future. If that happens, i won't miss the formal playgroup anymore. Sigh....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gelati no appointments now til 17weeks (3 weeks away) seeing my OB and doing early GTT

Had OB last week, saw her dancing away on the screen... DH came home last night so got to see the dvd from 12week scan

Feeling ok, so it feels weird being in limbo... Am I really pregnant ? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - yes you are pregnant with a beautiful little girl! Feels wonderful doesn't it?? You're pregnant you're pregnant your pregnant! Yayayay! Heheh. How are you going with the meds? Are you easing off any of them yet or do the drs want you to stay on them?

@bbhope oh I'm sorry you feel sad when you see that. Hopefully you're new friend on your street can introduce you to some people? One of the mothers in our mothers group just brought another mother into our group so it's still not even too late to join an existing group. The more the merrier! And you don't even need to go every week. I probably go every 3 weeks. As I go to the gym on thu mornings now it'll be even harder to make those groups. Shame about the Childcare. It is so hard to get a place at the good ones.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati yes! Yes I am

Started reducing this week, slowly 5mg a week of steroids, only 1 crinone a day now and once this box finishes that's it... Prog I go to every 2nd day on Sunday until I run out

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78- are you relieved to be slowly going off the meds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I think a mix of both relief, for just being able to relax a bit and the $$$ side of it... But then I get a bit nervous too...

I'll b on clexane the whole way through though

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I def think Childcare can really help with development. I've seen it first hand with my niece and nephew. They leaned so much. Even as they get older they will have bigger vocabularies too.

Juggling both work and home feel hard in the beginning. Even a few weeks in I am still adjusting. But I do love my work. In a way, I feel great that I use my brain again. I have lots of non baby adult interaction. But I look at her pictures and videos quite a bit when I miss her too much. I have a new respect for women returning to work after mat leave. Working part time isn't easy. I constantly feel like I'm not doing a great job and very hard to gain momentum. I end up working from home quite a bit when she sleeps. My work has been awesome. Very supportive and accommodating. My boss told me to just ease into it and we will have a conversation about my scorecard a few months in. Of course I'm impatient. I already had that chat a few weeks in and he just laughed about how I already talk about adding an extra day of work

I'm lucky that I have mothers group and a few friends who are on mat leave. We aren't short of social activities. DD and I don't stay at home that much but some days we will so she has an appreciation of being home and I can clean the house.
    @bbhope wow commando crawling. Woohoo. Another milestone. Have you baby proof the house?
    @Gelati haha it's funny about your dog. We don't have a dog but I have started thinking it would be quite nice for my DD to grow up with one. I never grew up with any pet so don't really know how it feels but think I'm missing out.
    @Gelati mum has DD when I'm at work. Mum has been amazing. She has taught DD to play some games. DD loves my parents. Mum can't help me with chores because I drop DD off at her place however when I pick DD up she would have her dinner ready and often mine too. How awesome is that. I will get a cleaner when I'm back at work full time. No tooth yet but not far off. I could see two bottom teeth under the gum almost breaking through. She is drooling like a tap too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope don't feel awkward. I see other mums at library and I just start a conversation. You never know. That mum you see might want a new friend too. It's also a bonus if they live close by. You can just have a play date at each other house so the bubbas can crawl and play while you have a cuppa. Hopefully your new friend will bring you into her group. Mothers group is a funny one. You don't click with everyone but hopefully there are 2-3 that you could be good friends with.
    @Tanej78 aawww I love those scans when bubba is dancing away. It's so amazing don't you think. Yes you are pregnant. You are. Very pregnant hehe. Have you started feeling any movement yet? When you do, you won't be able to question if you are pregnant. Your daughter will remind you she's inside.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just catching up.
    @Tanej78: follow up with drM? Time flies! Second trimester now.
    @Gelati: I am not sure if the new mom on the street would be able to get me into the mother group. Neither she goes to the playgroup nor library program. She only participates the online mother group. LOL. A bit like me. I have no idea what she does during the day with her DS then. Perhaps she has other friends with babies......I don't ask too many questions since we were meeting officially for the first time -- have been texting for a many months now (found her on the net and realized that she just lives down the street). Well, i thought the existing mother's group would like a new member too. As i mentioned, i didn't have luck at all. Perhaps i was also too quick about asking to join after only meeting the lady once. That's why kinda reserve at the moment. I don't want to scare off another mom.

I guess i will forget about hte mother's group and focus on joining one or two mom individually. This will take time, though. I am hoping playgroup will get me back meeting a few ladies that i already had the conversation with at the library program few weeks ago. I won't be abel to make it to the library program anymore.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: the post was replying to you as well.

It is harder for me to adjust back to part time after full time. While i was working part time for a few months early this year, i didn't feel like difficult to adjust. I guess it is due to crunch time with project deadlines.

It is nice to have family around. Sometime i wish i could just drop DS off and have a break!

Not really child proof the home yet. DS is still not so mobile. I am watching him most of the time while he plays.