Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gelati I think so.. So hard to decide what to eat lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 your friends must be super excited. They are all cheering for you.

Lol same as @Gelati I was eating like a pig so I don't throw up yucky stuff. Even though I threw up 7-8 times a day I still put on weight. So I still have 6kgs to go to my pre IVF and baby weight. Finding it so hard to lose the weight.
    @Gelati so great to hear from you. Also good to hear the insomnia is getting better. I think exercising is so good. I am so lazy. I haven't joined yet. No excuse really. When are you going back to work?

We are on 3 bottles now. She is not that interested in milk. I dropped the 4 pm bottle and she didn't even care. I gave her cheese or yogurt with fruit at 4 pm instead now.

Haven't tried rhubarb but that sounds like a great idea. How do you give the oats? Just cook it in milk?

Anyone tried giving the Bub chicken drumstick to eat?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I know the weight is so hard to lose.even going to the gym doesn't seem to make a huge difference so I'm trying to change my diet. It's all around the belly and thighs. I still look pregnant when I sit down.

I cook the oats in water until it's soft then add milk at the end and cook.

I haven't thought about giving him a whole drumstick. Can you do that? My mum gave him too big a piece of bread today and he semi choked. I think if I gave him a while
    Drumstick he'd def choke lol. Still no teeth!

Is dd crawling now? Ds still only knows how to commando crawl. He can get around fine that way so doesn't seem to be in a hurry to learn to go into his knees. Def nowhere close to standing! He knows how to dance now tho. Bops his head along to music and when he's sitting he wiggles his bottom. So cute!

I'm going back to work in a few weeks. Eek! How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I'm trying to cut back on food but very hard with winter. But I'm so sick of being a bigger size still.

Cool thanks for the tip re oat. I'll try that. DD has been having weetbix everyday for breakfast.

I don't know if DD can handle a drumstick yet lol. Probably not. Haha no teeth for us too.

No she's not crawling yet. She can move 360 degrees but not crawling. She can't even sit up on her own. I have to sit her up and sometimes she still fall lol.

Aww so cute. Are you going to take him to mini maestro classes?

Are you looking forward about work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to catch up. It has been two busy days.
    @Tanej78: yes, time will fly. It is so right that some people take it for granted. Peppermint tea helped me a lot with heartburn during pregnancy.
    @Gelati: glad to see you are back on the thread. Hope you are getting more sleep now. You must be childproofing every place at home now with the commando crawling. DS is still not crawling. Sort of backward in slow motion if he wants. So funny to watch. He is skipping steps all the time. He can't sitting up by himself just yet but has been wanting to stand these days. Instead of pulling himself up, he just complains and wants us to give him a hand. Same goes with the crawling. He woudl try to reach for the toy. If he couldn't, he just cries for help. I feel like we are slowing down his development by helping him to sit, stand and reach for the toy. Anyway, hope he will somehow make connection.

DS likes music too, especially the drum set. LOL.

I don't know how you ladies keep DS/DD occupied at home. I am now back to part time and feel like DS is bored with me at home. Playing the same toys, walking in the same area etc. Playgroup isn't running during school holiday. DS cannot just sit there and watches me cook. He is constantly on the move. Hyperactive.

@Minib: yes, it is about getting through the evening. DS is doing 2 naps which pushes his limit in the evening. We are mainly spoon fed to make sure he has enough in the evening. I am trying to cut down his intake. He was below 50 percentile at 8 months check out -- just recovered from the pneumonia. But he is certainly very chubby now.

Perhaps you can feed DD drumstick and tell us how she does it. DS has two teeth but he just seems to swallow food than actually eating them!
    Last edited by bbhope; 13-07-2016 at 00:15.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, i have a question. I am so confused about the FTB. Both are income tested. You can't get FTB B if on PPL. What about FTB A? When i fill the claim form online, it says $130k+ combined income but the website says $90k+ (for the main income earner?). I am earning less and will out of job later this year so just trying to figure out if they are tested as main income earner or combined income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry @bbhope can't help you about FTB. We didn't qualify so I didn't bother looking. Maybe post a question on BH there will be people that know more. But from my understanding it's family income means combined income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm back at work. Did I tell you girls? Part time for now. Been back for a couple weeks now. 2 days for now. Struggling both home and work front. I feel like I couldn't get everything I wanted done. Just need to push through and be more organised.
    @bbhope don't worry he will crawl soon. My DD is a bit sooky now too. Doesn't like being left alone.

Omg i was just thinking the same thing. It must be boring for my DD to be playing the same games over and over again lol. Does your DS like people watching? Sometimes I just take DD to watch people.

Hahaha I haven't fed her drumstick but I gave her a frenched lamb cutlet. She wasn't interested. She knew what to do but didn't like the taste haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since my last post, DS has started the commando crawling. Not much action, he is still pretty slow and too exhausted for him. At home, he would just try to crawl but then complaining and big cry. We gave up and gave him the toy in the end. Spoiled. At daycare, they really pushed for it. I reckon that's the reason he improved many of his skills quickly there. Same goes with the finger food. Apparently they were feeding him chicken pieces and regular cracker. Geez...we are still blending the chicken and giving him melt in the mouth rice cracker. DS really good at "pretending" at home. Of course unintentionally. Monkeys see, monkeys do, as i was told.

Oh...i didn't know that you are back at work @Minib. Were you excited? I have just gone back part time (3x a week) from full time. I am feeling overwhelm. I feel like not getting enough work done, especially when DS got sick and i had to take days off work. I am putting my name down for an extra day at childcare. Sigh....it is a difficult situation. Not having job prospect gets me down about going back to work full time. In the meantime, i won't be able to reach my goals if i only go back 3x a week only.

I am so annoyed that the playgroup isn't happening during school holiday. Not this coming week either. My intention to work part time is to take DS to playgroup. One month goes by without being able to attend once..........

Yes, he likes to watch people and hates to be at home. I spent most fo the day bringing him around playground watching other kids play and shopping malls. I feel like it is getting bored for him as well. All the same......every day with me. He hates to sit in his pram now. Hyperactive. The commuting is getting very challenging. We have to keep him entertain not in the pram but on the chair, on our lap etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sorry I can't help with FTB as we didn't qualify so haven't looked into it. Yay commando crawl! Watch out need to baby proof soon! Hehe. Yeh ds can't sit up by himself yet either. He is just starting to go up on his knees and pulling himself up so that is also knees practice but he loves commando crawling too much so doesn't seem to interested in being on his knees or standing. I have to baby proof now cos he can pull himself up and open drawers and cupboard doors 😁😁
    I feel like ds does get bored at home too. But he'll be going to Childcare 2 days a week soon and then other times he will be at my mums during the day so a change of scenery. At home I try to go to the library sing along if it is on or mother group events or I go visit friends. I have lots of friends who have had babies at his age. But we also have a dog at home (big and fluffy!) so that keeps him entertained. Although the dog is scared of him cos all he wants to do is pull his hair out! lol.
    As for food haha good to hear the Childcare is pushing him along. Yes our ds can have crackers now and I break off bread and he eats it himself. Not a whole drumstick or lamb cos he has no teeth to chew but if I give it to him he'll just suck on it. He loves playing with noodles and sucking it up. Childcare is good for development as they are pros and know how to teach them. They taught him how to use a sippy cup (non straw) and he commando chases another baby who commando crawls as well all around the room. He also get outdoor time which is good.

@Minib - I'm starting full time work in 2 weeks. It must be hard at the beginning but you'll make it work. Don't try to get too much done. If it is a busy day just buy dinner or have toast! LOL. Working mum is a tough gig so give yourself a break if you need it. Is your daughter with your mum during the day? Maybe she can help you out with chores around the house? Has dd got teeth yet? I think ds's ones are slowly coming through now. I see more and more white underneath the gum.

@Tanej78 - how are you travelling? Anymore scans lately?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-07-2016)