Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay yay woohoo!!! Awesome news.

Now we have 2 boys and 2 girls

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you going to start buying things now @Tanej78?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha @Minib I've been buying stuff for years lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Tanej78 love it. Buy more! The sale is still on. I'm bad though. I love buying clothes for my little one. She has more clothes than me. Haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww beautiful scan pic x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing @Tanej78!! Beautiful scan!
    @Minib: oh ya. We tend to feed DS a lot at night so we can be sure that his night waking has nothing to do with hunger. Whatever it was, it had passed. He is now drinking his milk again and eating more normal now. Childcare is feeding him quite a bit and he is getting quite chubby again. I am running out of ideas what to give as finger food anymore. I just don't know the limit in term of soft and hard.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope did you say your DS is on 3 bottles? How did you know he was ready? I'm struggling to get DD to finish all her bottles. I'm thinking of dropping one bottle and replace with 3 serves of dairy a day. She has 2 serves of dairy a day now. My DD hasn't put on much weight in the last month. She's not fading away though. Still about 60th tile.

Finger food any steam vege, pear, blueberries, strawberry, sweet potato cut into chip style, home made chicken nugget, frenched lamb cutlet, cheese stick although your DS is lactose intolerant so can't have dairy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Hmmm.....you will know that when they are ready. For us, we are going by his intake. DS 1 bottle = 180ml. I offered DS 4 bottles a day and he only managed to finished 3 bottles equivalent amount. For weeks, we were having a hard time getting him to drink the milk, especially the 3pm one. Childcare was also struggling as well. We swapped it feeding bottle first around that time. Just when i decided to cut down his serve per bottle (not to waste the formula), he started drinking again! Childcare phoned me saying he was hungry and would prefer us to go back to his normal amount again. No idea what it was.

He is drinking 3.5 bottles (in total) now. After solid except the first bottle. In fact, we have up his morning milk to 240ml because he screamed hungry after 180ml. He usually takes 90ml or less for the evening. We are fine with that because he doesn't really drink water. We are going by the flow so we don't want to put a hard deadline weaning him. He is certainly eating more solid as well. It amazes me how much he can eat!

It is difficult to feed him fresh finger food. I tried to freeze some but they are all mushy after being heated up in the microwave. That's why i kinda run out of ideas of what is easy to feed. Childcare is a lot more proactive with things. They are now feeding him finger food first. We are still mainly mashed/puree food first and then finger food. Moving his bedtime forward to 7pm doesn't give us much time in the evening. We get home around 6pm (last week was a lot later due to bus issues). We just want to feed him, bath him and bed straight away.

Oh..speaking of cheese. Childcare accidentally gave him normal yogurt the other day and he didnt have any trouble. Hmmm.....we are just too super careful. I read that yorgurt is easier to digest than milk so i assume he might be Ok with the lactose with small dose. That is good news. I might start looking into low lactose cheese.

Wow...DD can chew meat?!? I was making pork chop last night and was wondering if i should offer him. DH said no so I didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are struggling to feed her milk too. She will drink the first 90ml then she will stop. She will push the bottle away and turn her head away. Need some convincing before she will finish her bottle.

Could your son be teething again? I heard they could lost appetite during teething. It could be why my daughter isn't as interested. She probably drinks about 30-50ml of water a day. Not consistent.

If your son wants the 4th bottle back, might as well introduce it again? There's no harm to have a bottle.

Wow 240ml is good. My DD is on 150ml. She used to be on 180ml but now after about 100ml she will always stop first. 150ml is about the max we could get her to drink. Shes only on about 500ml a day. I was worried it might not be enough but apparently at her age 450ml is enough as long as she has 3 serves of dairy as well. She does. Cows milk with breakfast, cheese for lunch and yoghurt for arvo tea. She will also have 2 serves of fruits a day and lots of veg. So I was told not to worry so much if she doesn't want as much milk. My DD doesn't eat that much solid but she doesn't seem to be hungry.

You could try some cheese and see if he can tolerate it. Could you cut up the veg the night before and par boiled it? So it's easier to heat up the next night without freezing it?

I think cc is great for working parents. Honestly. If they give finger food to your son then you don't have to worry as much for dinner. It's hard at dinner time as they can start to get grumpy and tired. Sometimes it's just about getting through dinner, bath bottle then bed.

When I do finger food, i actually also spoon feed some poached fish or something like that.

She can chew some meat but not big chunks. If you want to give Chop, cut the meat right back so he can just chew on the bone with only a little bit of meat. And spoon feed some of the actual meat to him.