+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78: ya, long weekend. Are you finding out the gender?
    @Minib: ya, few rough months but will continue until his immune system gets better (who knows when?!). Plain toast will do the trick? Thinking about congee with fish and ginger (with veges)......don't thnk it is plain.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep 🏻 @bbhope

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 when will you get the harmony result? Lol even though only few days it will feel long. Next Friday is going to be awesome though then you are on second trimester. Have you been enjoying the pregnancy so far? Not feeling too nauseous etc?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope normally when my tummy is playing up, my hubby told me to eat plain food and not too liquid-y but I know with Asian congee is considered plain whilst Caucasian will think toast is more plain and dry. Better.

Unfortunately immune system could take a while to build up and get better. Going to cc doesn't help short term but long term it's good. Just need to push through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yea not too bad the reflux has calmed down, and I'm avoiding late meals because of indigestion.

I was supposed to get harmony test results while DH was home last week but the first tube failed so they've set up the 2nd tube and I've had to wait til this week for them to come back hopefully Tuesday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: let us know how the hormony test goes.
    @Minib: how many naps DD is having now? DS is inconsistently dropping the 3rd nap. I wonder if this has anything to do with him waking up at night and wanting to play sometime. I actually didn't think of it and keep track. We are fine with him waking up one time which is better than 10x times like he did in the past!

We have to force him to drop the 3rd nap now and might have to bring his bedtime forward. He won't have the chance to have the 3rd nap going to daycare from this week. I didn't realize how little nap baby needs at 9 months.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 hopefully you get the result tomorrow confirming everything is very low risk. Oh reflux is yuck glad it has calmed down.
    @bbhope she has 2-3 naps. Most days 2 naps. Up at 7 am. Down for a sleep at 9.30 am roughly. Sleep is about 45-60 mins. Then down again for a sleep around 1.30 pm after lunch. If we are home, she could sleep for 2-2.5 hours. Then no more nap until night sleep.
    If we are out though, she only has 30-45 mins nap after lunch then I put her for a nap around 3.30 pm - 4 pm so she doesn't get too grumpy for dinner. When she's sleepy she won't really eat dinner.

If she only has 2 sleeps during the day, her bed time is about 7 pm the latest. But if she has 3 sleeps then bed time is around 7.30 pm ish.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is also doing 2--3 naps. But at his age, 2 should have been enough. We now reckon the problem is his bed time. We moved him to 8pm many months back to suit our lifestyle. 3 naps weren't a problem back then because he only stayed awake 1.5--2hrs. Now with him stretching to 2.5hr wake time, 3rd nap is way too late into the evening. We had to wake him couple time. One time he was so upset being woken up and set out inconsolable cry, no dinner and back to bed. He woke up at 11pm asking for food. We can see our trouble coming with the tantrum in the near future. Anyway, we have always guided by him rather than going by the textbook.

He will have to drop his 3rd nap now because we don't get home with him until 6 pm on Childcare days. I would prefer to be consistent than switching every few days.

Interesting enough, the playgroup is at a time when all babies suppose to be taking their nap!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get the results @Tanej78?

Yeah sounds like 3rd nap is cutting into his night sleep. Might be best to drop 3rd nap and just put him to bed earlier. I have to wake my DD up sometimes too and normally she doesn't have big appetite for dinner because she wants to sleep. Dinner remains to be the smallest meal but I'm not fussed. It's probably good habit anyway. My DD wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes. I could hear her talking to her bunny but she doesn't cry or ask for anything. She will then fall asleep again. We are so lucky. Still no tooth though so I'm not sure what will happen when a tooth is breaking through. I reckon she will make a big fuss.

I agree. We can't take her to library baby time now as its her nap time. The morning playgroup is also her bed time hahhaa. So the catch up with other babies are mainly with mothers group.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!!!
    Harmony came back low risk and we're having a girl