+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just veges and fruit. I dont think they feed him any meat or egg. DS is ~9 months. He has only just started sitting well without support. At 6 months, he needed support to sit when we fed him. Even so, he looked uncomfortable.

DS is eating a LOT in the last few days. To the point, we don't think is normal!!!! Like he had the silent reflux. He would drink milk like no tomorrow as a two years old. He has been sick continuously, though. It has also been a week of hardship with him. He was just super grumpy in general. We pulled him off daycare 3 days in two weeks so the daycare isn't really helping now with us taking time off looking after him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh 9 months already. Our babies will be celebrating their first birthday soon. Is he crawling and speaking?

How much does he eat or drink? Maybe he's just had big appetite? Or you think it's silent reflux? Try not to think negative of it and just see if he's having a growth spurt. Did he vomit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No crawling. That's why he has been quite frustrated these days. He can't reach for the toys. He is speaking at his own language. He is more interested in making funny sound than talking! 3 very different languages are going on at home so he might just be very confused.

He has been eating until he spills his food! If we stopped, he got upset. No idea if it is the reflux again. I big bowl + 1 yogurt amount + finger food (more for him to play). Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I only feed him snack at 3pm but he has been demanding 1 big banana + rice crackers. He is also gaining a lot of weight, getting very chubby again. Just few days ago, childcare told us that he seemed hungry all the time. I hope it is just growth spurt. More than double from what he used to eat. He is pooping a lot as well.........normal amount, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ya, time flies!!!! I am back working part time. I am hoping to be able to meet a few mothers at the playgroup who might be more interested in meeting up in the future. I gave up on the last lady. I met one today at the library program. She still remembers me after we only met once back in April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He can finish one banana on his own? Wow that's a lot of food. It does sound like a lot but I honestly don't know how much a 9 month old should be eating. My DD doesn't eat as much but she's only 7 months old. She has weetbix and fruit for breakfast. Maybe 1/3 weetbix plus 7 blueberries, a quarter of kiwi fruit or some banana. Lunch is mixed vege or congee (maybe 1/3 cup) or half a cheese Avo toastie or cheese vegemite sandwich; followed by fruit usually 7-8 blueberries and apple/kiwi fruit/pear or papaya. Dinner is the smallest meal usually some steam vege or stir fry vege and some protein. Maybe 1/4 cup that's it. Her weight gain has slowed down compared to early days but still sitting at around 60th percentile. She's tall around 90th percentile.

I wonder when they start sayid mama and dada. My little one will be confused too. We also have 3 different languages. I'm not worried if it takes longer as once it clicks she can speak at least 2 languages. And it will be just so natural for her to switch between the two languages. I've experienced it first hand.

Are you worried about his appetite?

That's awesome. It helps to have some other people going through similar things. I love my Mothers group. Such a nice group of women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 how are you going? How many weeks now?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: hitting 12w?
    @Minib: well, i think his stomach is messed up. Something isn't right so he is eating a lot to "feel better". Today, he has been pooping non stop. No diarrhea but quite loose. His butt is extremely raw now. Childcare is feeding 2 serves + milk. He was under 50% percentile in weight after the pneumonia. BUT at the moment, he is very chubby. He is gaining it back quickly. I think we will go bland food tomorrow to ease his stomach problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hm I think you should keep an eye on him. If your gut is saying something isn't right then should monitor him. You know him best and it is quite possible he's eating to feel better. Not good about the raw bottom. How many poos today? Yeah go plain toast and see if it helps. That poor boy. Have had a rough few months. You as well! Hugs be hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope not be hope. Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope @Minib 12 weeks Sunday!
    Still waiting for harmony results, and then scan next Friday 12w5d... Ifs going to be a long week