+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope DD doesn't have teeth yet. The toast will be soft after being in her mouth for a bit so she can bite on it with her gum. She will try to put the whole thing in her mouth and gag. I try not to stop her too much. She needs to learn the reflex. I gave her a slice of pizza crust and she tried to shove the whole thing in her mouth. Gag of course. Does your DS choke or gag? If gag let him learn. He will be fine.

I also didn't know that we are supposed to try diff type of nuts on the Bub. Have only given her peanut butter. So now I'm making her try on diff nuts daily
    @Gelati oh you poor thing. I hope your psychologist and GP can work together to help you. Are you getting help from family? Please make sure you look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: one time he choked. DH had to pat him on his back to get the carrot out. Otherwise, he gags. We r having big problem of him not wanting any milk anymore. He probably realises that solid food tastes better than the milk. We don't cook much food with nut. I assume u just ground them and put into the food? Cc won't give nut in general.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no. He went too hard and choked. Poor thing. Hm my DD is also losing interest in milk. I don't think we are far off from dropping to 3 bottles. She hardly finish any bottle. I'm giving her cheese and yoghurt so she still gets her dairy intake. Yeah I just ground them and feed her some. Tomorrow I will give her Brazil nuts to try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am told that formula isn't te same as cow milk. So we r just a bit unsure how to give him more formula milk. He is drinking 1.5 bottle in total a day (180ml*1.5). This is a quick drop from 3 bottles! We don't give him cheese. Just lactose free yogurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask why lactose free yoghurt and no cheese? So I was told they only need about 400-450ml of formula at around 8 months. Your DS probably could do with more. But if he's not interested that's very hard. I wonder if you give him really good mixed of food, will it be enough nutrients from the food?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has lactose problem so we r staying it clear any lactose product until 12 months. He might be lactose intolerance for life who knows. Formula is different than cow milk. It has extra nutrient which solid can't replace. I initially also wasn't worried about it but that's what I read. Well, apparently he was drinking at daycare. No idea what his problem is at home. They said that he might just want to feed himself. They also brought up couple development issues like crawling and sitting. I guess DS just a bit slow and he eventually gets there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who are they?? The cc people? It's very hard to compare babies. Is he hitting all other milestones?
    Yeah I'm getting mixed messages about how important formula is. Some babies wean off formula at 10 months and went straight to cows milk. Some babies drink formula until way past 12 months. If your DS is growing well probably no need to worry so much. If he has lactose problem just introduce it slowly. Can he sit up yet? He will get there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

Ya, CC people. Everything is just a guideline. he is slow but get there in the end. Like rolling, it took ages but he got it eventually. He can sit without support only if we put him in siting position. Not sitting up on his own yet.

Yes, I know people who weaned off formula and started cow milk a lot earlier than 12 months. Cc doesn't feed him as variety of food as we are at home. Until he can eat meal, they are just doing basic purée. That's another reason we prefer him to continue formula until then.
    Last edited by bbhope; 30-06-2016 at 11:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What kind of purée do they feed him? I started giving sandwiches for lunch with avocado and cheese or vegemite and cheese. It's so much easier going out when I bring sandwiches. No need to look for microwave. Then I give some blueberries or other fruit after the sandwich. I cut the blueberry in half so she can chew more.

Yeah they all get there eventually. My DD has no teeth yet but she's eating pretty well for someone with no tooth lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mine doesn't even sit up properly. Even after I put her in sitting position she will topple and face plant lol