+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you wake him around 7 everyday now?

I tried too but still varies around 7-7.45. I quite like starting at 7.30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - no idea why but she thinks it's healthy to go daily. More regular. He's poo is fine, normal texture and colour. Yeh can you believe how obsessed with poo we are??

We have had a similar morning today. Both up at 6:30 except ds only had 10min play and then in the bed for ages only sleeping at 8:30. I breastfed for 45 min. My boobs were so sore after not pumping for 8 hrs. He's still sleeping now. Guess the dummy didn't effect how long he sleeps. Oh good I was thinking the same. He fell asleep on the boob and was dead asleep on my shoulder so I changed him and wiped his face. Cos it was morning I didn't want him falling asleep in the boob. Middle of the night I don't mind so much. It doesn't seem to affect how long he sleeps. Although most nights he seems to wake up when I burp him. This morning he was out like a light. Probably because he did 2 hrs less than what he is normally used to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually don't wake him it's more about when he goes to sleep. If he can go to sleep around 8-9pm I know he'll be up around 6:30-7:30. Last night he weiggled around for 45min so he didn't fall asleep until 10pm and because he didn't wake at night he woke up earlier than usual at 6:30 so only 8.5 hrs sleep. If he had done 9-6:30 that would have been better but not sure why last night he just couldn't put himself to sleep straight away.

I think dd has entered the alert phase. She could be ready to sit in a chair with an infant insert. I have to take the handle bar off the bassinet so ds can have a clear view otherwise he fusses. That's unusual about the car seat tho. Probably just a wonder week or a phase. Keep at it she'll get used to it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend has this schedule play feed sleep and her kids have no problem self settling and sleep from 7-7 from a young age. Kids are exclusively BF too. That's amazing!

I BF directly this morning as well and I think I will this arvo. We are going out for lunch and I will miss a pump session so might as well just get her to BF and I will top up after that. Next feed is at 10 am I will give her EBM so I know she has a full belly.

I'm reading wonder week book and realise DS can't roll over yet and she's 11.5 weeks. Eeks! Probably not enough tummy time when she was much younger.

You don't get blocked ducts though yeah even not pumping for 8 hours? I pump every 6 hours now on average. Probably not enough but I found I don't get much every 3-4 hours so feels like a waste of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    When she's in the car, she looks in the mirror first and fascinated by herself lol. Then she realised she's in a car which she's not happy about the seatbelt. But then she withers cry or sleep. Lately cry! When I don't cuddle her she gets upset and escalate her cries so I pull over, quick cuddles and she will sleep after that lol. Babies are smart!

I have to go to baby bunting and check what options I have re pram seats.

Ah I see if he goes to bed at 8ish he will wake once during the night (what time roughly?) then sleep again until 7? That's very similar to my DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many cups of coffee / tea do you have @Gelati? I have 2 max and I wonder if it goes through my BM hence the catnap. I tend to have mine in the morning and nothing after 2 pm. I can't sleep well myself if I have it too after 4 pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahah. DS always look grumpy in the pram. He just sits in there and looks around. He will smile only when he sees me. Our pram is facing outward. He keeps looking up for me. I know he doesn't have separation anxiety just yet but if he doesn't see us when he wakes up, he cries. I wonder if he is feeling insecure? Same thing happened when I dropped him off at babysitter/daycare. I am sure that the sleeping in the pram was just an one off thing. We have a serious trouble. DS can't sleep in a noisy environment. Last time we went grocery shopping and he couldn't fall asleep. He was so tired at the playgroup yesterday but just wouldn't sleep. Just dozing in my arms quietly.

As for wake time, when I have to drop him off at babysitter/daycare, there is no choice but to wake him up. DS normally is up before 6am anyway. We usually have to be the one getting him back to sleep until 7am. DH rocks him and let him sleep on him. Me? I brought him to the spare bed in the other bedroom that I have been sleeping, put him down, snuggle him and he normally just dozes on and off. I am fine wth me because I get shut eyes. This is an improvement because he never likes co sleeping. I think he just wants some snuggle time with us. It has made me realise that I didn't hold him as much ever since trying hard to get him not sleeping on me.

Oh if DS is wakes earlier than usual like 6:30, he will go down for a nap sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is always down by 7pm. He is so tired by then because bot enough nap durig the day. He likes me to carry him around these days. Like to look around.
    @Minib: as for roll over, hahah. I worried the same the last few months. I think the book is over saying it. Babies normally don't roll until later than 3months!! DS still doesn't know how to roll. He has been trying since 3m. He is getting there from the back to tummy. If I help, he can do it easily. Most babies do tummy to back first so don't ask me why DS seems to do the other way around first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys sorry for the delayed reply... and skimming your mumma posts I feel silly as i dont have much to add xx

I'm due for my cycle soon... i don't think im ready to do FET just yet.. its been such a busy fortnight, catching up on work after DH being home and the birth, we have state awards.. and just having bad days.. today is one of them.. im still trying to process the anger and frustration after surgery... I think i'll aim for FET for the next one.. so transfer will be mid april.. that also means it will be after the wedding season ends so probably better.

DH has gone back to work, won't be back til just before easter... this year he'll be home for our anniversary and easter which is nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: it is always good to have dh home especially special occasion. R u doing anything different for the FeT?