+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ya, milestone is good. I did that too. On top of intralipid, steroid and clexane. It was a lot on the plate! @Tanej78.
    @Minib: we got two recommendations for GP at the other suburb. But so hard to get an appointment! Like u have to book a week in advance. It is hard when u have a sick kid. Ya, I don't like antibiotic either. Luckily, we went back to get it and DS recovered 3 days later. It must be a combination of virus and bacteria. I got the flu vax but it didn't seem to solve my problem of not getting the germs from DS! We probably will bring DS for the flu vax next week.

My friend loan us some toys. I only just bought a few used toys recently, mainly those that make sound. He likes it a lot. DS doesn't know how to pull up just yet so he can't do much with the activity Center. We have to undo the legs. Oh....his favourite is the music ball and a roller tape. Lol. DH commented that we don't need expensive toy to entertain him. DS doesn't care about the book much. He just wants to eat it. Hmmmm.

Can DD sit if you put her at the sitting position? DS can't sit up on his own yet. He has been able to sit up since 5 months but refused. He was fine sitting on the chair for solid. That's it. Until recently, we gave him a lot of practices playing in the sitting position and encouraged him. now he likes it. We have to give him tummy time again to encourage crawling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tanej78 - I bet you can't wait until
    Hubby is home too! Wow closing in onto the second trimester. Yay!! Soon you'll be showing

@Minib - no insomnia was no better and I got so run down I got sick and my body couldn't fight it off and I ended up with tonsillitis. how is dd going? Ds is being fed too much solids I think. He was pooing way too much so I've dialled down the amount of food. But he doesn't seem to want that much milk the last few days. Must no longer be going through a growth spurt. He seems to have gotten so big lately. He almost can't fit into his 6-12 mths onesies now.

@bbhope 2 weeks?? Omg that is so negligent. I can't believe it! When did the dr say they would get results? It's hard to find a good gp and all the good ones are fully booked. I guess that means good gp's are few and far between. Ds likes rattles and musical instruments, other than that he likes to play with tags and hanging straps. But hinestly everything just goes in the mouth. He enjoys toys that play music too. But now that he's moving he's just more interested it furniture legs and everything that's not a toy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: oh dear. So sorry that u got sick too. Did u see te counsellor? DS just passes his germs to us. We haven't stopped getting sick since coming back from oversea.

No the dr didn't say when we would hear back the result. We waited about 10mins after the X-ray and then the dr just told us o go home. Sure u would think the dr had looked at the film?! Anyway, I sent the complaint in today.

DS is now sitting (not by himself yet) so he isn't on tummy that much anymore. We will have to let him do tummy time again. No crawling just yet. No interest in pulling up either. We jut had the child health nurse appt. the CHN just recommended us to do some activities to encourage him crawling. Shock. They expect DS to crawl by 10 months (commando crawling at least). DS is no way close. He just seems to focus on other development at the moment. Like languages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my understanding flu vacc doesn't prevent a cold. Can still get normal cold but just minimise the proper flu.

Haha people have told me the best toys are the free ones eg kitchen utensils etc. they seem to love copying what we do Ie cooking, cleaning, etc.

DD can sit but not on her own. She's not far off from that though I think. It seems like my DD is trying to crawl but can't do it haha. Don't think she will crawl in the next few weeks.
    @Gelati oh no that's not good. Your body must be so tired from the lack of sleep. Make sure you try to rest when you can. Is DS back at cc yet? He my DD can hardly fit in some 6-12 months onesies now. She's fine with 2 pieces but not with the one piece onesie. She's a tall baby but more long legs.
    @Tanej78 how's the tww going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops press send too soon. Not much update here anyway. DD is over 6 months old. She's had a massive growth spurt (length) in the last few weeks. She's grown 6cm in the last 2 months.

No tooth yet. Still can't roll from tummy to back yet. She's getting frustrated about that. Started to sleep on her tummy now instead of yelling for us. She's very chatty just like me. She's sleeping less during the day now. 3 sleeps with 2 of them being a short nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib 1 more sleep scan tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: yay one more sleep. Keep us up to date
    @Minib: ds doesn't like to sit and watch. If he sees me cooking, he just wants to eat! He would start screaming. I just prep food ready for him to eat. Sometime We have to hide bottle from him. He has no idea where the food is coming from. Maybe the freezer. Lol. Well, no idea why he is refusing milk at the moment. It can't be weaning off so early. He hardly finishes half of his bottle. We have to force it down. Perhaps stuffy nose....

DS is inconsistent with his night sleep but I am not going to complain. 1.5w than I am back to working part time.

Ya, nothing is happening much either.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 how exciting! Let us know how the scan goes.
    @bbhope my DD doesn't love food that much a bit fussy. Shame. I love food a lot and was hoping to have a mini me. I'm very adventurous with food as well. Love diff flavour and cuisine.

How much milk does he drink now? Do you think he's down to 3 bottles?

Little missy also had a little cold. Blocked nose and watery eyes. Seems better now though. 2 days a bit sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do you feed your son @bbhope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: poor DD. Where did she get the cold since she doesn't go to cc? I dont know if he is down to 3 bottles. It changes day to day. It depends on his appetite. It is very inconsistent at the moment. One day he would have good appetite, the next day he would hardly eat anything. We really want him to drink fluid so DH decided to do bottle first and then solid (45 mins later) today. He drank 120ml and 180ml. Otherwise, he hardly drink any right after solid in the past few days. In the past few weeks, we sometime did solid first, sometime milk, quite inconsistent. DS doesn't have the patience when he is hungry. He gets panic when he sees the bottle or food! I am regretting for not starting him on finger food early. His fine motor skill isn't very good and still isn't chewing on food much. We just started finger food a week ago and asked cc to give him practice as well. He mainly plays with the finger food rather than eating it. Of course, we still feed him mash/puree mixed food. I bought one of those net food pouch which is good for him to practice on harder food like strawberry.

i feed DS the basic baby food. Pumpkin, spinach, parnip, carrot, peas, broccoli, potato, sweet potato, fish, chicken, pork, egg, pear, peach, apple, rice cereal, bellamy porridge, lactose free yogurt etc. Breakfast is normally bellamy porridge + fruits. Lunch is mixed veges. Dinner is rice cereal with meat and veges. Yogurt or rice cracker as snack. CC normally does fruits and veges. Unfortunately, I don't have time to cook fresh for him on weekday so all of these are mainly pre-made frozen. I try to make finger food fresh, though.