Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still won't have solids tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

@Gelati: I don't know how long it takes. Whenever I checked, it didn't seem obvious to me. DS has been teething for ages. All The sudden two came out one week. I suspect the upper ones are coming as well. He is rubbing the upper gum like crazy. He has diarrhea for a day or two due to bottom teething coming out as well. I was worried when I saw diarrhoea. He was waking up screaming many times the night before. We didn't know why but gave up putting him in the spare bed with me. He got his comfort and slept well. Last night, we gave him the panadol and he slept quite well other than waking up at 5am, refusing to sleep, wanted to play. So i put it down to teething. I don't recall him learning any new skill two days ago.

Yes, DS teething fever only lasted a day. It was the only explanation because he was back active after that.

Oh...also, I don't know if it is coincidence. Other than DS figure out how to put the dummy back in. We also put in the heatermate and a new heater the same time. We don't want to spend a fortunate on electricity bill so keep the room temp at 18c with heatermate. The heater hardly kicks on. DS has been sleeping well. Perhaps it is worth investing the heatermate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh wow top teeth coming in now? That's exciting but also hard on you if you have more sleepless nights.

Oh ds is warm enough at night just last night we took one layer off because he had such high fever the night before. But because no fever last night he ended up being too cold. After I put more layers on he slept from1-7:30. No fever today but still grumpy doesn't want anything near his mouth. Sometimes he even pushes the dummy away.

I read online that they go off their solids when teething. Did ds go off his solids?

That's good to know it's not always apparent that teeth are coming through. Seems all signs point to teething given he is suddenly better today. And he doesn't want anything near his mouth. He's also so sensitive. Even if you touch him when he doesn't want to be touched he starts inconsolable crying. He wasn't like this even when he had a cold and congestion. Poor thing must be so uncomfortable. He had big red cheeks when he had the fever but that could also be teething?

So the heater is helping da sleep then? Does it dry out the room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is heatermate?

We use oil heater and it pretty much runs overnight. It doesn't dry out the room but j bought a humidifier to run for a couple hours during the day. Haven't opened the box though lol.

I have heard with teething, Bub can have runny bottom, fever, off the solid or milk, rosy cheek, unsettled. That seems like everything lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know they drop to 3 bottles around 8 months. Wow soon there will be no bottle.
    @Gelati re lunch, I try to give things than can be given at room temperature eg vegie, fruit, avocado. We tend to do protein at night only unless I know I have access to microwave then I don't bother bringing food that need heating up.

I gave DD packaged food from supermarket. She didn't like it 😱😱😱😱 I am going to try a few more times as we are going on holiday in July and I can't cook her food then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: ds has never really gone off solid unless he is sick. Having said that, he wasn't too keen about eating his solid in the last two days. He ate just not his usual amount. Maybe it is teething.

I don't know if it is because of the heater but it certainly helps given that it can get down to 14c in his room in the past. We layer him up to suit 18c.
    @Minib: Google it. It is a plug in thermometer that connects to your heater. When the temperature drops below one degree of the temperature u set, it sends the electricity to you heater and switches it on. I find the built in thermostat on the heater not as good because it pretty much run all night. I also got the heatermate for our room now. Otherwise DH would complain about the electricity bill. He is a cheap stake. I wasn't allowed to have the heater on (on thermostats) in the room overnight in the past. I was using 3 blankets. I know some people will do just that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - haha yeh seems like everything. Ds doesn't have any other cold symptoms and the fever goes with no Panadol so I'm thinking it must be teething otherwise why would fever come and go with no medication? He has one rosey cheek today. And very sensitive. Ive dropped him off at Childcare for 2 hrs as there's more there to distract him with.

Does it take awhile to feed dd too tho? I don't think I'll have time to feed solid and milk when we're out as we only have 2 hr window. Once he's up for longer I can tho. I guess cos ds eats so much as well it takes about 15min to feed him.

We've thrown out quite a bit of food yesterday and today cos ds refused to eat. Will try with a little bit today. Learnt my lesson!

@bbhope I put more layers on ds as I don't like heater on over night or air conditioning. So far he seems to be ok. I've also bought a wool mattress cover as well but the night I put it on was the night he had high fever and he was way too hot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ya. I also use vaporiser. It actually gets the room too humid. It helps DS with the congestion. I use eucalyptus oil.
    @Gelati: where do u get the wool sheet? I only got fennel fleece but still very cold to touch.
    @Minib: it is actually very early to drop to 3 bottles. It is recommended not dropping it until 10months. Who knows. I am just guiding by DS. Ian happy for him to take 4 because it has a lot of nutrients in it. My friend is still doing 5 bottles with breast milk at 11 months and the baby is eating 5 solid a day (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner). I think breast milk is less filling. The other has dropped to solid only feed by 9 months. Every baby is different. I will just see how DS is doing. Solid certainly keeps him fuller. I suspect that's why he doesn't want te milk at 3pm if we feed him a big lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The blobby Lone Ranger is doing awesome! Kicking goal posts better then all other pregnancies before ...
    7weeks and HB 140... ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope can you remember when you started weaning off the pred ?