Closed Thread
Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib yep got my referral today from GP my first appointment is week10 I've chosen Tom Cade.

Francis perry is prob the closest for me being a Westie bit easier than st V or Freemasons. I'd like to think we'd use the hotel option!!

Almost 7weeks now hanging out for Monday's appointment and scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 I googled your ob. He has impressive cv. He also looks young and quite good looking haha.

2 more sleeps and another scan. Is this with Lynn? And that's it after that as in you are graduating from Lynn and moving on to the OB now.

Do you have to do nipt still?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib haha... I'm at ease knowing he's covered by a good OB too

Yep Monday last appointment handover to OB... Eep

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yep he'll take a feed from my mum and dh. He's just particular. If he's in his feeding chair he's ok but at the Childcare too much distraction gets him worked up and then he becomes particular about who feeds him.

I think ds is getting sick again. After 2 sessions of orientation he's sick already. Sigh. He had a 39 degree fever and very sooky so we gave him Panadol. I don't think it's teething, that's too high a temp for teething and I can't feel any teeth. But there are no other symptoms yet. Is fever usually theft symptom? Last time he had a cough first. I think we have a long week ahead of us.

GLad to hear ds is doing better after the antibiotics. Is he feeling better now? They really are sick all the one after going to Childcare. Wish there was another way. They either get sick now or later.

@Minib yes ds is huge now can't believe how big he is! How is dd going with her solids? How many naps and feeds is she having now?

@Tanej78 - yay 7 weeks! Enjoy seeing Bub tmr! The ob looks very experienced. Haha @Minib - good looking!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor DS @Gelati I'm not sure how high the temp is from teething. We are yet to experience it. I thought DD is teething but I can't feel any tooth yet.

DD is on 3 meals a day and 4 feeds now. Sometimes 5 depending on her naps etc but mainly 4 feeds. Otherwise she can't finish her last bottle. She has 3 naps/sleep now. Sometimes 4 but we prefer 3 so she will go to bed around 7 now. She will yell out around 7.30 am but I now realised she's up earlier just didn't yell out. I think she's up around 7 am or just before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They either get sick now or later. This time next year I will be the one writing DD sick all the time and your sons are probably not sick as much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib that's the same as ds. Except he only does 2 solids a day. I think ds is going to be ready to drop that fourth bottle soon but I just don't know how to do it. He sleeps 8:30-7:30 ish now. Well not now that he's sick but normally. So he feeds around 8am, next feed is usually 12:30. If he drops a feed does that mean he won't feed from 12:30 through to 8? Maybe his second feed will be more like 1 and then finally a feed at 7? Not sure.

How do you get tee lunchtime solid in? I'm always out so if I have to give him a bottle and feed him solids while I'm out by the time that's done I need to head home. Unfortunately ds still isn't napping in his pram though I haven't really tried it. I can just tell he won't nap he's just too wired looking at everything. Maybe I should give it a go.

Yeh unfortunately no parent can escape cold and flu. It's just a matter of when.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: my friend told me that it is the same for them. The sickness from the kid just passes it around the house. We only got it this time. I suspect it is because a stronger virus/bacteria. DS was very sick with this one!
    @Gelati: no luck with DS sleeps in the pram either. The most he would do is 30 mins. It is a bit early to drop the 4th bottle but we have noticed that DS hasn't wanted to drink much at 3pm even though his appetite has returned. CC is doing morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea. That's a lot of solid. I just told them to feed him at lunch and afternoon tea.

I think sickness is unavoidable this time of the year. Yes, teething can get high fever. Just before we got on the flight back from Europe, DS was running 39C fever that afternoon. We almost cancelled our flight home. The dr there didn't find any obvious infection, no throat, ear, lung infection. Teething was the only explanation. It went away after the panadol and it didn't happen again. We made it back 24 hrs+ later without any problem.

DS didn't get fever for the last two colds. He did this time but it happened few days later after the cough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh didn't know they can get high temp with teething. Well ds fever has returned after 6 hrs. His cheeks and ears are very red. Fever is 38.5. He has lost his appetite for solids. Won't have any and his milk in take us 150ml max so I would say that's decreased too. No runny nose or cough still. I think maybe he has a sore throat? Could be flu. Not sure. No other symptoms other than tired, lost of appetite and high fever. Will continue monitoring.

Glad to hear ds appetite has returned. Must be a relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope ok this is odd, ds woke up today fine no fever - nothing else but a little ulcer on his tongue. Maybe as a result of his fever. Appetites seems back. But I looked at his gums and no redness and no teeth. How long before ds teeth came from when he started getting fever? Otherwise I'm stumped as to what is wrong with him. Unless the ulcer on the tongue caused the fever? Didn't think ulcer can give fever. Ds was very unsettled last night and realised he was cold. We didn't want to over heat him in case the fever came back.