+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - I am still on 2 solids a day mainly because of time constraint but I'm
    Just going to cook more and give the same for lunch and dinner. Ds is ready for 3 solids a day I think. I am giving about half a rice bowl of solid food to ds now. How much are we supposed to give?
    Sorry to hear ds is so unwell. If it is the flu it means he will develop antibodies to it so maybe flu vacc won't be necessary? I hope he gets better soon. Keep trying with the solids and milk but don't worry if he's not having much just make sure he is still getting fluids. You can boil apple in water and give him a bit of that if he is reluctant to drink water. Just dilute it a lot. Don't worry if he's not eating he's got enough in reserves if he loses weight. He'll put it back on quickly. Just keep offering. I'm still
    Unsure whether I want to give ds flu vacc. Minib has dd got it yet?

@Minib getting ready for number 2 already?? Wow! That's exciting. Yes I keep forgetting to give nuts too. Are you going to make your own peanut butter? What other nuts do you need to try? I have given ds egg yolk but not white as my mum said not to. Have you given dd whites yet? I'm wondering if I should. Ds has now had oats and in that he has had cooked milk and seems fine. Going to try cheese and yoghurt next week.

As for the sleep i got some last night but still not very good. Seeing dr next week.

@Tanej78 - I'm sure it'll be a relief to rule out ectopic but those hcg levels don't seem to be ectopic I hope you can see a heartbeat but yeh don't stress if you don't cos it is so early. I still can't believe it is still possible to see a heartbeat so early. Unbelievable really.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib 4:15 ☺️ @Gelati this is true... ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati no second baby yet haha. I told my doctor I'll see him at the end of the year. But he just said let's check what vaccination required. I've never had chicken pox before and he remembered I need a booster for it.

DD hasn't got the flu vacc yet. She's not quite 6 months and I want to do it 3 days after the standard 6 months vacc. Paed said at least 3 days apart to minimise risk of something which I can't remember. She will get it next month.

She's on 2 meals a day too because I forgot to buy kids weetbix haha. What are you guys making for them? She's bored of the purée veg and meat. In fact she doesn't like meat if it's not fresh. She loves fruit.

I gave her scrambled eggs both yolk and egg white with a couple tablespoon of cows milk cooked together. I don't expect allergy so just gave her the whole egg. She's had eggs a couple of times now. No issue. She's had cheese and yoghurt too. She loves natural yoghurt despite it is quite sour.

Re peanut butter I was just going to give her some of the adult one. I don't want to buy baby peanut butter if she's not going to eat it. It has no flavour haha. She's fine with nuts though I think. I gave her some curry sauce to try and she was ok haha. It has nuts in it I think. I've given her pasta, rice and toast too but running out of ideas on what to cook her. She is yet to try fish. Will buy salmon next week but have tried chicken, pork, and beef.

I have no idea how much food to give. My DD doesn't eat that much unless it's fruit. Generally she eats about 1/2 cup max a day I think. Not that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 I will be keeping an eye on my phone tomorrow arvo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope have you cooked congee for DS? Will he eat that?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

@Minib Monday arvo ☺️👍🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I meant Monday arvo. I got too excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Wow....DD isn't even 6 months and has tried so many food. Good job!

I don't think there is a standard guideline about how much to feed. I started out following the guideline but realized that DS could eat a lot more! Thats when he dropped his night feed consistently. ie. 6.5 months. I wish we have done that earlier. Before he got sick, he ate 1 serve fruit, 1 serve vege, ~rice cereal + 1/2 serve veges (dinner). DS usually doesnt have appetite in the early morning so the first solid is usually around 11am (second meal). We might try shifting that to breakfast. No weetbix for him. I reckon he can do fruit for breakfast.

I plan to feed him both egg yolk and white. Perhaps next week when he gets better. Sometime a mild reaction is hard to observe if it shows a similar symptoms as a cold. We have allergy in the family so I'm super cautious.

Oh...congee. My mom made that. I am lazy. Rice cereal or porridge (oat) are easier. Just add boiled water. I normally just cook all other food and freeze them. That means i hardly give DS fresh meal other than fish. DH doesn't cook. I think we have found something that DS doesn't like. ie. chicken! I didn't make puree. I just chopped it couple times with the food processor. I don't know if it was the texture or taste. He was excited about the solid for the first time since he got sick. After a few bites, he cried. We tried again after bath. Again, started out happy but then cried when he tasted the food.
    @Gelati: don't feel pressure about getting DS flu vax. We made the decision based on the fact that DS is going to childcare and he will be on the train exposing to the public on the way to childcare.

We tried to give DS fruit tea. MIL gave us a pack that's suitable for baby over 4 months old. Basically just dried fruit in the pouch. It has strong apple favour in it but still no luck to get DS to drink!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - great job giving dd so much before she is even 6 months! Ds is now 7 months. We have tried fish now - salmon - and no issue. I will try peanut butter this week I think. Can baby eat bread yet? I want to try yoghurt and cheese this week too but need to go out and buy some. How do you give baby weetbix? I might buy some. Been giving rice cereal. How is dd sleep? Ds has gotten himself into a late bedtime again now that he has long naps during the day.

@bbhope yes me too. I am cooking lots and freezing now and then microwaving as no time to heat up again. Microwave is faster. Fish I can give fresh because I can just mash it up with a fork but meat needs to be blended and it's a lot of effort so I cook a big batch and give it to him over the next 3 days. He eats a lot now about 1 rice bowl a day (half each meal) so I can cook a heap. If I'm steaming veggies already that night I'll give him something fresh. I should move him to 3 solids but just haven't been lazy.
    How is ds feeling now?

@Tanej78 - hope all went well today x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 hope all went well today. X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (23-05-2016)