Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib yep 4 more sleeps
    @Gelati im sorry to hear this i hope it gets better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fantastic level @Tanej78. Counting down the clock!
    @Minib: on average 12 sickness is about right then. I would assume stay at home babies would get sick less?!
    @Gelati: poor you. I had insomnia when I was in school. Not fun. Sleeping pill can have adverse effect. Ie: relying on it to fall asleep or needing higher dose to take effect.

Long story. In short, he is pretty sick. I don't know what DS has. He could have caught this on the flight rather than the Childcare. Who knows. He developed the high fever two days ago and we had a hospital run at 4am after he vomited. Not keeping any fluid down. No chest infection just middle ear infection. Thanks goodness. We e having a hard time to give him extra water. He hardly drinks his milk. No solid either. Fever is now gone but coughing non stop. I feel like this is a flu but symptoms are different. After this, we have decided to give him flu vax and I will be having one as well. We are very skeptical about it because it doesn't prevent you from getting the flu. The dr at the hospital doesn't seem to convince that babies younger than 2 yrs should be getting it if it isn't high risk. However, if he will be contacting many people, better to do it. So we come to the conclusion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope in my MG there are a couple fully breastfed babies that keep getting sick. Stay at home babies. No older siblings too. So I'm not sure why they are sick a bit. Normally if they have older siblings they get sick a lot even though the baby is just at home. I think cos the older siblings bring the germ home from cc and school. My DD has been sick once but I have no doubt when she goes to cc she will get sick more. She got sick from going to cousins birthday party last time.

Oh your poor DS @bbhope that sounds really bad. Big hugs to you and DS. It is so hard on you too. Watching your child sick and can't do much. I hope he's on the mend soon.

I am a pro flu vax for anyone over 6 months old. Royal children hospital wouldn't just recommend it otherwise. They would have done extensive research. But i am a very pro vax. I have the flu vax every year for the last 10 years I think. It doesn't necessarily prevent but it minimise the risk and I'm happy about that. This is just me though. Everyone is diff and I understand people not as comfortable with young kids.

Speaking of vax, have you guys done any blood test recently to check if you need any booster? My rubella was low but don't need a booster yet. I need chicken pox booster though so better get that done soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 3 more sleeps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All my friends baby was breastfed and they also got sick a lot when went to cc the first year. Maybe if one goes out to the public often? No idea.

If flu vax is so important, why it isn't on the schedule? I am a bit puzzled about this.

I haven't checked my immunity though. Is it necessary to check every year? I am seeing the GP on mon to get the flu vax. I am doing it for DS. DH doesn't seem to bother as he doesn't see it worth the effort. He got the flu vax and still got the flu (different strain) when he travelled elsewhere.

Yes 3 more sleep! It might be a bit early so don't panic if you can't see a heartbeat. @Tanej78.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope yep I've prewarned DH... At the very least we'll be confirming its not ectopic because of my previous history ... Fingers xd

But a HB would be a nice surprise ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure why flu vax isn't on the regular vax schedule. But isn't there others not part of it too eg meningococcal strand B? We are getting that too but when she's one. Paed told me to wait until she's one for that one.

I went to see my OB re pelvic floor so we were talking about recovery and preparation for second baby. That's why he checked my immunity and asked me to do some blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What time is your scan on Monday @Tanej78
    @Gelati how are you going? Is your insomnia any better?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: meningococcal strand B is on the schedule if high risk (i think). I did get a pamphlet about that. In any case, we r getting DS flu vax as soon as he recovers. DH really thinks DS actually caught a flu.
    @Gelati: how r you doing? I'm curious how many solid your DS is eating atm? I haven't been able to introduce egg or anything that can potentially cause allergic reaction. DS is so sick atm that if i can get him to eat solid or milk at all is a win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You mean if the child is high risk? Everyone i spoke to including my paed said its not part of standard vax. I'm going to get it. It's a few hundred bucks but I think it's worth it.

We've done egg but I haven't given her any nuts. Keep forgetting to. Will do that next week.