+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When is your first scan? Anymore bt @Tanej78?

Yay you get to celebrate with DH tonight. Have some sparkling grape juice haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another BT Monday and Thursday next week ☺️

We're also going to see my GP and chat about OB on Thursday too and get a referral for a private scan. DH goes back before 7wk scan w Monash and I really want to have first scan with him here so hoping we'll get one done 6W2D.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - so exciting big celebrations tonight! in sure you will be able to get a scan earlier.

@bbhope oh so only 3 bottles a day now? Does he have 3 meals a day? He might be growing up. Well maybe it is that simple. Fingers crossed he can get himself back to sleep after a little fussing. That would be great! Ds on the other hand can't self soothe himself back to sleep as he didn't have a dummy to begin with. Last night I went in and gave him a dummy to stop him crying then I pulled it out again, talked to him for a minute and then left and he fell back asleep. But it still requires me to get up.

@Minib - oh no 8 month sleep regression. It seems a bit early for that. And it doesn't seem like teething the only thing I can think of is the feeding routine change. I would go back to 5 feeds but he doesn't seem to want it. He def doesn't want a feed overnight I've done it before and he wasn't that interested and each time he wakes up he doesn't need food to go back to sleep. Maybe he's just getting used to not having the calories overnight. I'm going to give it another week see if it improves.

Oh I didn't mean cereal I just meant rice cereal but I'm thinking of making oats. he had his 6 month vacc yesterday so I'll wait a few days in case he has a sensitive stomach.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL. If it is that simple. It sorta work the first half of the night. Then, it din't the second half of the night, DS either couldn't get the dummy in the right way (in his mouth but wrong orientation) or just wanted the comfort. I let him try many times until he set off a big cry. I had to go in to pick him up and comfort him. It acutally worse when i walked in. As soon as i put him down, he cried. After two attempts, i woke DH up and had him dealt with DS. That's 1 am. DS did the same at around 5am. I have no idea why he jus tcouldn't fall back to sleep without us comforting. Might be separation anxiety. Fair enough. Considered we hadn't walked in the first half of the night. I am pretty sure that DH gave up and put him on the spare bed to sleep after 5am.

Ha..8 months sleep regression. I don't think DS ever got over the sleep thing ever since he was born!
    @Gelati: I don't know if DS is really dropping feed. His schedule still seems a bit out of wrack since coming home last week. He stopped the night feed at day 4 upon returning. Day feed is a bit all over the place. He jjust doesn't seem to have any appetite in the last few days even before the vax. He was eating 3 solid meals a day when we were oversea but he hasn't had any appetite lately. So it is now reduced to 2x. Like today, he hasn't had any.

Any tip of getting DS to drink water? He won't drink out of the sippy cup. To force him drinking water, we put it in the bottle but he would still take a few sips.

I might try oat + fruit for breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least it worked the first half of the night @bbhope. Hopefully he gets better as the nights go on and you persist. How many times a night does he wake now?

I just use a sippy cup and persist at every opportunity offering it to him. He hates water to begin with too but the more I offered the more he drank. Maybe try warm water or cold water see which he likes more. Also offer it as soon as he wakes up or just after a meal when he's most thirstyz

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: it was first night trying. He woke up many times. We just let him put the dummy back in by himself rather than rushing in. As I said, somehow it didn't work the second half of the night. He is having another cold. Probably from daycare. I know it is going to happen with daycare for at least the first year of DS life. One after another.

We r giving him solid at the same time with milk. That might be why he isn't thirsty! We haven't been successful to feed him an hr after the milk. Once he started eating, he wants more.
    @Tanej78: yah. Enjoy tonight!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 do you have an OB in mind? Does Lynn have a recommendation? Are you going private or public?
    @Gelati that's annoying that you still have to get up. Is this most nights now? He doesn't sound hungry but just need you to comfort him. Not ideal though if it's every night.

It does sound like he's getting used to the new routine. I think we need to drop the 4th nap as well otherwise DD's bedtime is getting late. It's now around 8.30 pm not 7.30 pm.
    @bbhope my DD can't work out the sippy cup. I tried it myself and it needs a very strong auction. I just give water using milk bottle now. DD will have water. She doesn't mind it. I tend to give after her meal.

How much water are they supposed to be drinking. Mine doesn't drink a lot of water. Maybe 10-20ml max a day. Max. Sometimes only a few sips.

How many date nights have you guys had since bubs were born? We've been out 4 times without her but it was to have group dinner and attend a wedding. We haven't been on a date night. I didn't feel the need to but in the last week I started to feel that we need to have a date night.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Other than the nights that DS was jetlagging, i can't get him to stay up until 8:30pm at all.
    @Gelati: I guess when the separation anxiety kicks in, perhaps that's when they need more comfort? It certainly is the case for us. Some nights he would only go back to sleep in our bed despite he fell asleep on his own at the beginning of the night. We did it because we all need sleep! It might cause sleep problem but it can't be worse than the sleep problem we are having with DS right now.

DS was overtired today. He refused to nap this morning. We put him to bed at 6:30pm. He didn't have his solid at all today. DH has to rock him to calm him down in the end.
    @Minib: date night? Zero. We dont' do date night in the past, though. we are so occupied by DS at the moment. We are so exhausted by the end of the day with work etc. You have your parents to help out so that can be an opportunity. For us, we need a night babysitter. Once we both go back full time, I don't see the motivation because we probably just want to spend more time with DS over the weekend given that he will be going to childcare full time. We also go to bed super early given that Ds doesn't give us much sleep. Sleep is more like a priority for us right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I have an OB I've seen since my first preg in 2007... But just unsure whether to stay with him or start a fresh. I'm a little nervous as it was someone reliving him that did my ectopic surgery in 2010 that we found out in Jan was not complete.

So we'll have a chat to my GP while DH is home consider options, I'm sure Lyn would have a recc but I'm not even sure if I see her again. Will chat to nurses next week re the clinics 7week scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 even if you don't see LB again I'm sure she takes calls so you could always call and ask her for a recc. I've heard good things about dr Dennis price.

@Minib yeh every night now for the past 6 nights. Tho the last 3 nights it's been only once a night and usually 1.5 hrs after he is first put down. Last night he went down at 8:30 which is early for us and he woke at 10 ish but was so tired that as soon as I put the dummy in he fell asleep and I took the dummy out straight away and it just fell out. Then he slept till 7:30 am. So I'm hoping it's just him getting used to no calories at night.

No date night for us since my mum stopped looking after him. But before that we used to go out once a fortnight maybe for dinner? Once I'm back at work we may get one date night a month maybe. At the moment ever since my insomnia I am not in the mood to do anything but once I get that sorted it'll be better. I went for a run today. Going to see if exercise helps.

I think ds now drinks 50ml a day of water. More after his dinner than breakfast. I also give him a little water as soon as he wakes up if it's not time for a feed yet. I figure everyone likes a drink when they first wake up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-05-2016)